1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Company registration - What exactly is needed and what does it mean?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by djkkenny, Jul 24, 2009.

Hi

I'm looking for business minded people to help with information on how to start my own company from scratch.

1. I have a company name, domain, website etc
    2. I already have a few clients

Now I need to register the company.

Can anyone help shed some light on exactly what forms I need to fill out. I've heard about registering company secretaries, directors, Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association. I don't know what any of them mean?

Hope I started in the right place here! Btw I'm based in the UK and currently am a 1 man band so to speak.

djkkenny, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  2. tbfm

tbfm Peon

Best Answers:
    Right, you have to go to companies house website and ask for a registration pack. It costs about £60 to register as a ltd company. You need 2 people on board and they own a £1 share of the business each so if you go bust, that is all that can be claimed off you.

Going ltd is only any good if you have assets. We found being a limited company didnt work for us as we did not have tangable goods that could be recovered and that is the idea of ltd, so you are protected. It means the business can be taken to court, no0t the individual.

You also need a registered office address. You can purchase one off companies house and they will redirect your mail to you. I think it cost us £50 a year to do it but this was a few years ago.

Bear in mind going ltd means its harder to get credit with companies as they know they are the ones at risk.

My advise is to do what I did and go to your local business enterprise link. They will advise you, help fill out forms and they dont charge a penny as it is government funded. Definately speak to them before you go any further.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Jason.

(ps the second person can just be a family member, spouse or anyone else you trust. They just need to be on there with you).

tbfm, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  3. kilo2olik

kilo2olik Banned

Best Answers:
    it depend on the country you want to register your company in some countries you have to pay over 10k just for registration,it also depend on things like company LEVEL and etc....
    you should contact a lawyer in your country to do registration,also some organs do it.

kilo2olik, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  4. tbfm

tbfm Peon

Best Answers:
    tbfm, Jul 24, 2009 IP
  5. djkkenny

djkkenny Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the advice!

djkkenny, Jul 24, 2009 IP