1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Commission Junction

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by kthor, Apr 5, 2006.

been thinking of joining Commission Junction as a publisher...
    are the payout monthly ? fees to pay them if any ?
    Commission Junction site been slow and timeout all the time..
    any info appreciated ..they will be my first affliate experience

kthor, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  2. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    CJ's site has been slow and even down a bit yesterday due to the Network Solutions outage. The tracking and reporting has been delayed today. Even with that, I think they are #2 among the bigger networks (along with Shareasale). The payout is monthly and usually on time (or a day late). There are no fees to join but if you want datafeeds, it costs $200 to set them up unless you make $10,000 in sales per month.

TheHoff, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  3. kthor

kthor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Believe that was helpful but what does datafeeds do or how does it work ?

Thanks again

kthor, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  4. aaron_nimocks

aaron_nimocks Im kind of a big deal Staff

Best Answers:
    I have never had a problem with them at all. They paid on time and pretty user friendly.

aaron_nimocks, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  5. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Datafeeds are files that contain information on all items from one merchant. If you can program and work with data files, you can use the feeds to build an inventory on your site.

TheHoff, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  6. kthor

kthor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thanks ...

kthor, Apr 5, 2006 IP
  7. nextgen66

nextgen66 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think I'm falling in love with CJ :) Gotta test my sites with no adsense soon
    and check the effect on my affiliate income.

nextgen66, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  8. fsmedia

fsmedia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As a former employee of CJ, I fully believe in their program and I know first hand how it works and why it works. If you're an advertiser, it's 100% fraud proof with all the tracking servers they have. As a publisher, I really like it and I use it for most of my sites. If you can get enough traffic and have the right target audience, it's really a profitable business to get into. I like CJ over shareasale or other networks like them because of the interface and ease it is to use. The simple tracking it uses really helps for publishers like myself using a third-party advertising application. They have friendly advertisers that are very fast to respond to e-mails (internally) and the support staff is quite knowledgable for anything I have needed help with. I highly recommend using them.

fsmedia, Apr 6, 2006 IP
  9. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes CJ is very strong and has one of the best or probably THE best reporting interface and overall set-up of any network.

If you want to learn more about datafeeds here's an article for beginners and a link to a TON of our CJ merchants that offer FREE datafeeds outside the CJ network.

Datafeeds 101 a Beginners Primer
    http://www.5staraffiliateprograms.com/datafeed1.html

Hope this helps and best of luck!

5starAffiliates, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  10. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried to use them but didn't have much luck. I signed up for a few affiliates and had not got any response in over a month. I quit checking for a while, then about 4 months later logged in to find I had finally been accepted. However, CJ had never sent me an email letting me know so I never even knew about it. In addition to that, the rates quoted by vendor often differed from what the vendors web sites quoted. I tried to contact the vendors directly to inquire about this but nobody ever responded. How much I would have actually been paid remains a mystery.

I'm not too impressed so far.

DirtyDog, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  11. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    >>I signed up for a few affiliates and had not got any response in over a month.

Yup, a common problem. Most merchants would have the same complaint-- many affiliates sign up and only a small number bother to put up links and make sales after being approved. You should keep applying to many different programs. I'd say about half of them will auto-approve you immediately if you're in the US.

>>I quit checking for a while, then about 4 months later logged in to find I had finally been accepted. However, CJ had never sent me an email letting me know so I never even knew about it.

That is up to the merchant. I signed up for two programs this morning and received two emails welcoming me and showing example links. I then noticed I had been approved for a similar program two weeks ago and never received an email for it.

>>In addition to that, the rates quoted by vendor often differed from what the vendors web sites quoted. I tried to contact the vendors directly to inquire about this but nobody ever responded. How much I would have actually been paid remains a mystery.

Always go by CJ's rates. The vendor may have an inhouse program or a program with another network where the payscale is different.. but if CJ is making the payments, the rate is correct on the CJ site.

And don't feel bad about never receiving contacts from the merchants. I make hundreds of sales per month for one merchant and have never received a response to email or CJ mail.

>>I'm not too impressed so far.

There is money to be made. All networks have their problems and most are worse than CJ... if you want the cash, ignore the bumps.

TheHoff, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  12. DirtyDog

DirtyDog Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I thought I'd give it another try. When I went to login I was informed that my account had been deactivated.

CJ should send an email to the publisher when the affiliate application status changes. That's just common sense.

DirtyDog, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  13. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been trying for a few days to change my email address and the confirmation email is not getting through to my new account. I wouldn't be surprised if mail containing Commission Junction links is often caught by spam filters. If you want to try another network, take a look at Shareasale.com.

TheHoff, Apr 8, 2006 IP
  14. kthor

kthor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is it me or CJ been slow the last few days ?
    and everytime I click on something it asked for my username and password
    weird

kthor, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  15. TheHoff

TheHoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, that is you. I would clear your browser's cache and cookies then restart.

TheHoff, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  16. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    Would it be crazy to replace my adsense with a commision junction type ad

I dont seem to be doing well with it - but then again

I am not really knowledgable with adsense yet

Wish I was

The Crow

Mr Crow, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  17. iBold

iBold Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually run both on a number of sites with lots of success. It hasn't adversely effected my adsense CTR, and there is still the occasional signup for the affiliates offer (all though I use all text links for affiliates, no banners or other creatives).
    IMHO it's not adsense that requires 'knowledge', it's CJ. You have to find the best offers with reputable merchants to offer to your users. Adsense takes care of that for you, automatically no less..

iBold, Apr 11, 2006 IP
  18. Mr Crow

Mr Crow Peon

Best Answers:
    I am really looking to take on a partner with my 1500 websites. A partner that knows his stuff ... and then really go to town with it

Thanks for the good info

Mr Crow

Mr Crow, Apr 11, 2006 IP