1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Commission Junction Search Results not working

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by cjUser, Nov 15, 2005.

I recently started a deals website and many of my deals comes from commission junction. When I use the search page to get the html link, most of the time the search does not return any results. It works some times and most of the time it doesn't. Can any one help me why the html search works only some time and doesn't most of the time.

I appreciate any help

Thanks,

cjUser, Nov 15, 2005 IP
  2. jazzylee77

jazzylee77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've questioned CJ a few times on this. They know that it is periodically dysfunctioning. Probably something they throttle during heavy server loads, which is about all the time for them. They claimed to be rolling out an alternative to the product search soon. This was 2 months ago. I delayed paying to get datafeeds hoping some other way to access products would be created.

I was building pages one product at a time, grabbing the links, images and descriptions from the search and rewriting everything. There were just a few merchants I was concerned with having access to products, but I could strike out accessing the search function several nights in a row. So I coughed up the $200 to set up a datafeed for those merchants. If you do $10,000 sales in a month they waive that setup fee. (memory is fuzzy on that amount, but it was some round number like that) But without access to the products I may have been a long time reaching that number! It's the chicken and egg thing...

Some call this extortion, but whatever... I made the 200 back since then.

In short...Yep! That's the way it is!

Lee

jazzylee77, Nov 29, 2005 IP