1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Commission Junction or Google affiliate network

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by goldjake1788, Oct 28, 2009.

1. is it hard to find good affiliates or top affiliates on commission junction or should i pay for 3000 dollars per month for cj's rolledeck to find the best people

2. i am doing pretty well with cj should i move to google affiliate network or can someone recommend a better program anywhere? Will people overlap each other or could i have as good success with google affiliate as i do for cj?

3. does anyone look at the newsletters from cj and is it a good recruiting tool?
    4. any other suggestions would be great

my affiliate program is empirecovers.com if anyone is interested i am going to work closely with the program

goldjake1788, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  2. akitmane

akitmane Peon

Best Answers:
    i think cj stay the best, i never try google affiliate network, but google is new in this niche!

akitmane, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  3. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually Google Affiliate Network was previously Performics, one of the largest and oldest affiliate networks, so they are not new at all.
    (FYI Google Affiliate Network is also one of my clients.)

Plus goldjake1788 is asking as a merchant, not an affiliate.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    5starAffiliates, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  4. goldjake1788

goldjake1788 Peon

Best Answers:
    yes i am merchant. so any idea about if they overlap or not or would i have pretty good success with either one

5. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    Hi Jake,

I do affiliate recruiting and promotion for a living so will try to answer some of your questions.

I'm curious to know how long you've been on CJ? I'm wondering if you are new and trying to get off to a strong start, or if this is an established program that has hit a plateau and needs a jump start?

Even though Google Affiliate Network is one of my clients and I would love to recommend you get on board with them, I can't if you're already on CJ. They are a great network, I just don't recommend merchants get on 2 similar networks because of the cost, double the work for possibly much less than double the rewards AND because you would need to program some type of tracking on your end to be sure you're not paying double commission.

1) I'm not sure what "cj's rolledeck" is. But I'm not sure it would be worth $3,000. There are other options for reaching affiliates that are much less expensive and probably offer more. ;)

2) Again, I'd say do one or the other but not both. If you are already on CJ, well it's REALLY hard to move a program and you would likely lose most of your affiliates in the move.

3) You could try a CJ recruiting email and measure the success. I haven't managed a program on CJ for years, but from what I remember the open rates were pretty low and I know for a fact many affiliates are notorious for not reading their emails. I don't use email for recruiting at all, just don't think it's as effective as other means these days.

Let me know when your program launched and what stage of growth you are at and I'll see if I can come up with any other ideas for you.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

6. goldjake1788

goldjake1788 Peon

Best Answers:
    i have been on cj for 3 years now and it is about 15% of sales which they say it should be 30% of sales. I have a very high commission at 15% and i am ranked #2 for my category which is automotive accessories. I really like commission junction and we great sales from it. I am not moving over to a item based commission rate and i am going to have two sites on commission junction right now. i want to however double the sales. My commission is high but i need some more ideas. I am the manufacturer so i have a lot of areas to grow. Any ideas would be great. email me and i would love to discuss it.

7. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    OK, good to hear. So your program is mature and it sounds like you are doing well in the CJ rankings, but you just want to scale things up.

I offer free phone consultations, so if you ever want to brainstorm feel free to email me to make an appointment.
    My carpal is killing me so I need to quit typing for awhile.

8. elchefe

elchefe Peon

Best Answers:
    You can join both. There are some merchants listed with Google Affiliate Network that you may want to join.

elchefe, Oct 28, 2009 IP
  9. silent_thunder

silent_thunder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cj and GAN are both good ...

But CJ offers more tools than GAN, their product search and catalog makes it easy to find the offers you need to promote than GAN its the only drawback I found and also the API in CJ

silent_thunder, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  10. 5starAffiliates

Best Answers:
    He's a merchant not an affiliate and is asking questions from the merchant's viewpoint. :)

5starAffiliates, Oct 29, 2009 IP
  11. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If that is your site... your banners suck. They are inconsistent and disjointed Sorry just the truth.

Where are the blog friendly sizes 125x125, 250x250? Blogs are everywhere but you are ignoring them. And webmasters don't have time to make banners for you. But you are not alone there are so many companies overlooking standard blog sizes because they buy into the same old crap industry sizes like 468x60.

Look at your EPC's... no one is using the banners you have. Make less banners and more sizes. Be consistent.

Allow deep linking. If I want to sell motorcycle covers as an affiliate then make it easy for me to link directly to motorcycle covers.

I lose enough sales to CJ dropping cookies, to have to fight programs, banners and redirects is annoying and not good for me or the affiliate program.

You have a great looking site, but are doing next to nothing to make it easy to promote your products.

It's often not about finding only the top 5 guys everyone wants, it's about making it so damn simple that anyone can work for you.

Good luck.

internetmarketingiq, Oct 30, 2009 IP
  12. ramysarwat

ramysarwat Peon

Best Answers:
    dont know about google affiliate bet all say cj is the best

ramysarwat, Nov 3, 2009 IP
  13. sohailanwar

sohailanwar Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you.

sohailanwar, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  14. james.parker

james.parker Peon

Best Answers:
    In my personal opinion Amazon Affiliate programs are the best.

james.parker, Nov 4, 2009 IP
  15. mcmatterson

mcmatterson Peon

Best Answers:
    yeah Amazon's good if you use their API and design your own store around it which takes a little coding experience

mcmatterson, Nov 6, 2009 IP
  16. tvmatt

tvmatt Peon

Best Answers:
    ... did you even bother to read the thread? Your post & the one above yours are irrelevant.

tvmatt, Nov 7, 2009 IP
  17. priyankeshu

priyankeshu Active Member

Best Answers:
    lol.. guys note that he is ASKING as a merchant... stop recommending him Amazon and other affiliate programs :p

@Goldjake
    i would suggest you to stay with CJ. It is one of the classics..and till now i must say that Google Affiliate network is not AS much as popular as CJ.

priyankeshu, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  18. arhan

arhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think, we can combinate both

arhan, Nov 8, 2009 IP
  19. Romanorc

Romanorc Active Member

Best Answers:
    As to overlapping publishers, there will certainly be some. I do not delve into the products you are selling but I do have publishing accounts at both CJ and Google and I imagine I am not the only one.

I'm only a little guy with an average of 4K monthly in commissions from CJ and rarely hit 1K a month with Google so I am probably not a great example and I am sure that there are those that are big hitters that can offer a more complete demographic for you.

Romanorc, Nov 9, 2009 IP
  20. Irene1010

Irene1010 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Congratulations for your sucess with CJ, we enrolled in Cj recently, and we are giveing 15-20% commission in the virtual mall category, having 500 affliates for almost 1 week. But only got 5 orders, do you have any idea how to improve?

Irene1010, Nov 9, 2009 IP