1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Commission Junction = Leads Discussion Forum - $432,000 worth of revenue! Help!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by RickBurns, Mar 19, 2007.

So I've been trying to track down a Commission Junction rep who could help but no luck so I looking for help from some of my SP friends. :)

Basically, has anyone used leads as a method of revenue for your site? If so, once a person does a "Survey" does it register as a lead? Also, how long does it take to post in the CJ manager?

The reason I ask is because I have a membership base for one of my larger web properties of 80,000+ members. Based on offers we're done in the past we have about a 5%-10% following of those who do offers to keep the site free of charge.

Based on this we're looking at:

4000 Members weekly.
    $2.25 per lead [Program we're accepted into]
    = $9000 Weekly or $36,000 Monthly or $432,000 yearly

This BLOWS away are adsense campaign and we'll be able to remove ALL ads on the site with this new plan.

My main question is: 1) Has anyone had success using "leads" and not sales. 2) Is there a cap on how many leads you can send? 3) BIGGEST QUESTION: Do they support incentive traffic? As members who do this will not have ads on the site. So it's a fundraiser basically to remove ads which would make them "want" to do it.

Please discuss. For what it's worth, I'll reward those who help in this effort.
    Thanks in Advance.

RickBurns, Mar 19, 2007 IP
    T0PS3O likes this.
  2. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Most sites that accept leads state what they pay per lead and if incentives are allowed. Some sites pay less if you use paid search engines or leads. Some do not allow incentives at all.

I have made pretty good money on some and others i made a buck or 2. Depends on what site is and is it real or to hard. What i mean is some sites pay per lead for survey or get free ipod but it is so hard to get that few people join site.

rcj662, Mar 19, 2007 IP
    broalex likes this.
  3. RickBurns

RickBurns Peon

Best Answers:
    So can you confirm you have been paid from CJ? Also, do you have a number to speak with an account manager? For such a large amount of money I'd like to confirm with an actual person.

Regarding, paying our members. We will not be paying them. Instead this "fundraiser" will be used to remove all the ads from the site, get better servers etc.

However, I think it's incentive because we're asking our members to do it to get credits which will be used to remove the ads.

4. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes been paid by Cj and another site. Do not have phone number i should have saved it they called me about some programs few months back.

What type of sites are they paid per lead to join survey sites or surveys to get a free poduct. Only thing that can be pain is sometimes the programs stop advertising after a while so you have to change ads.

I know another site for pay per lead also but they usualy pay $1 to $1.50

rcj662, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  5. RickBurns

RickBurns Peon

Best Answers:
    I see. So far we have Azoogle, Maxbounty and as of late CJ. Really excited in CJ as they have the highest rates and low bonus rates (<500). What other site are you using that does $1-$1.50? Are these one field offers?

6. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    I use Cj and maxbouty alot i do not use azoogle. I do have more sites that could make you a few bucks off members i will email you if you want to work out something.

Post what type of per lead sites you want to use i will look over some things i have also. I only would want you to join under me and then use your links that way i get abuck or 2 also.

rcj662, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  7. rcj662

rcj662 Guest

Best Answers:
    Rick if you want send me private message on Digital point and we can email list to each other.

rcj662, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  8. RickBurns

RickBurns Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure drop me a PM :)

RickBurns, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  9. Minterest

Minterest Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CJ allows incentive sites and am going to open a new account with them for incentives.

Minterest, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  10. JP Sauve

JP Sauve Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Rick. We support all sizes of incentive publishers and easily handle your volume. Lots of support with AMs who give email + phone + IM contact info, of course sub-id tracking as well.

If you have any questions, you can always approach me, or you could always start the relationship by contacting your AM if you already have a MaxBounty account. :)

JP Sauve, Mar 24, 2007 IP
  11. jtcne

jtcne Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Rick,

I do leads promotions only thru CJ and other CPAs. I have more success with lead campaigns than with products/services. I use contextual traffic, so I'm not able to answer the questions regarding site revenue.

Tell me about your web property (theme or what brings people there) and the demographics. Do you communicate with them via email broadcasts? Were they brought in by incentives?

As far as CJ goes, you have to be sure to comply with the terms and conditions for each advertiser and CJ itself. Incentivized traffic would be providing anything of value in return for them to complete the action that gets you a commission. So, no paid to click traffic or points for clicks traffic or giving away a video/book/etc. for them to complete the offer.

That said, if you have a list that you built using incentives and you send out a broadcast which complies with T&Cs then you are not sending incentivized traffic, because they are receiving nothing of value to complete the offer. Make sense?

If you simply begin promoting the offers from CJ, it sounds like you're good. If you tell them that you are doing this as a fundraiser and encouraging them to complete the lead offer, you'll be crossing the lines and may find yourself in legal trouble with CJ or the advertiser, as they will see this as fraud.

On CJ, I haven't come across any offers that accept incentivized traffic. Perhaps, I'm just not playing in the right places for that.

I haven't seen any caps on leads. That would be spelled out on the offer page for each advertiser. In general, I would say that they can't get enough leads and will take all you can send them. If the advertisers were super good at lead generation, they wouldn't need CJ. For them, they pass all the risk to publishers and that way they know what their costs will be for each lead.

Of course, don't take this as gospel. Your account manager at CJ would be the only one I would trust to give this type of advice and clarification. You definitely don't want to stake your account or relationship with an advertiser on 3rd party opinion.

It could be that you offer up advertising space or campaigns here that others could pay you for directly. That way, they take the risk...

I can tell you, with a single mailing, I would expect to make make at least what you computed. I have some offers that convert well on contextual traffic that my estimates would be $12-15K if I had access to a list of 80K people.

I seems like you are definitely headed in the right direction vs. Adsense...

Take care!

John

jtcne, Jun 9, 2010 IP