1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Commercial use of Yahoo Search API

Discussion in 'Yahoo API' started by jotajota, May 12, 2007.

I am confused about the possibility to use the Yahoo Search API for commercial purposes. In the Yahoo Search Usage Policy, says:

The Yahoo! Search APIs are covered under the Yahoo! Developer Network Terms of Use. Yahoo! Search APIs are subject to usage guidelines rather than commercial restrictions - except for Local Search which is available only for non-commercial use at this time.

But in the "General Terms of Use" says:
    You may NOT: sell, lease, share, transfer, or sublicense the Yahoo! APIs or access or access codes thereto or derive income from the use or provision of the Yahoo! APIs, whether for direct commercial or monetary gain or otherwise, without Yahoo!'s prior, express, written permission;

So, finally, can I use Yahoo Search API embedded in a specific piece of software (non-web) I want to write to obtain specific information from the web, and obtain money trough it ?

Thanks for your help.

jotajota, May 12, 2007 IP