1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Comment Add On's

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by Peppermint Marci, Jul 19, 2013.

So there are a few different comment systems you can you

1. Native Comment System: This is the default comment system that comes with WordPress which is basic and theme oriented.

2. Disqus: In the past I have used Disqus which is an amazing add on that takes comments to a whole new level. You can add moderators to help you out and when they comment on a post a badge that you can customize the text on will appear next to their name. You can also close a post to discussion and still display the existing comments but giving them an error when a new comment is made. I like the fact you can set it to guest's cant post or giving guests posting access. You can also decide if you want all comments to be approved, comments by non verified users approved or no approval at all. The set up is elegant and can be displayed best comments first or newest comments 1st. The only draw back is you can't customize the look on the free account you would need a VIP account.

3. Instant Debate: Before I found Disqus I was using Instant Debate and wasn't that fond of it I had issues with it and when removing it I couldn't change the primary account. However I like the fact that you can customize it more than disqus including Rep Points custom colours and a message to members posting. Like Discus you can choose no guest posting, Non Verified users needing approval. One of the best features is you can allow social login such as Twitter, Facebook, WordPress.com and others. You can also close discussion while allowing old posts to be viewed

Peppermint Marci, Jul 19, 2013 IP
  2. themes4all

themes4all Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Disqus have a lot issues with Internet Explorer Browser and old FF ones.. so i don't advice using it... You can check this list : 30+ Useful Wordpress Comments Plugins

At all for one there is a lot of comments plugins but i think the Default one is more than suitable...

themes4all, Jul 20, 2013 IP
    ryan_uk likes this.
  3. winappleworld

winappleworld Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can add GASP in your comment system.

It shows "click this box" to prevent spams

MUST HAVE

winappleworld, Jul 26, 2013 IP