1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Comman Mistakes in getting High Page Rank!

Discussion in 'Google' started by rishimodi, Nov 27, 2006.

1. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Also take care with who you exchange links with... check if their website:
    - have a real pagerank not a faken one
    - are included in google/yahoo/msn serps
    - they have a cache in google

And when you are exchanging links: take care to not exchange mass two-way links , it will look very spammy, you will better try 1-way [it will even pass more rank and pr]
    Also:
    - don't trade with websites having a different topic then yours
    + Don't trust all the jerks out here that says

"
    I known that my website is PR0 and you have 10 PR6 , but my website is predicted to be a PR8 at the next google update, and i will get from my friends directories many many many relavant links and i will get a PR9, so for 1 link from freaky PR0 you will must to give 10 site-wides on all your PR6 " ... hey guys jokes like this are expired, predicting your next PR tools are useless, most of them are programmed in a very big rush , and they accord a very big PR for new website with almost no links, also there was even one out here ( I don't to say the URL) who was preddcting a PageRank 10 for most of the urls you was searching...
    "

redhits, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  2. RaZoRLeGaCy

RaZoRLeGaCy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was making massive amounts of 2 way links

what will happen?

RaZoRLeGaCy, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  3. SEOSURAT

SEOSURAT Banned

Best Answers:
    Must keep limitation on outbound links from particular page with good PR... And Get good links randomly to that page which has good PR....

SEOSURAT, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  4. adnan

adnan Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually I don't fully agree with this.

Pagerank has become sort of a means of measuring quality.

People visiting sites with a pagerank 0 will think the page is not important.

If you hover over the toolbar the exact words used for the pagerank indicator is 'PageRank is measure of the importance of this page'

So the average web user sees a 0 or a 1 or 2 or whatever and they think psychologically. Hey google says this page has a low importance.

You see where I'm getting at.

Plus, higer pageranked sites and pages will get better positioning and come up more and more search results.

For a case study, take kindercare for example who sued google for bringing their pagerank down from a 7 to a 0 (or something low, don't remember)

So if you want your site, especially NEW site to make it, you're gonna have to worry bout pagerank

adnan, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  5. rishimodi

rishimodi Banned

Best Answers:
    I completely agree to what seosurat has written.

rishimodi, Dec 1, 2006 IP