1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.com.cctld vs .cctld ranking on same website

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Guo Hong, Sep 17, 2014.

I have 1 website with 2 domains pointing to it.
    EXAMPLE.com.sg
    EXAMPLE.sg

Some background to this is that
    EXAMPLE.com.sg is 6 years, 10 months old
    EXAMPLE.sg is 11 months old.

It happened so that I bought this domain that someone else didn't wanted and its pretty strong for some of the keywords since last time.

Google is ranking very very well for the EXAMPLE.com.sg with a lot of keywords quite high up on its SERP but I have very little and limited success with EXAMPLE.sg and the oxymoron is here.....due to the programming of the site, we actually only have 1 index'ed page with EXAMPLE.com.sg and 200+ index'ed page with EXAMPLE.sg

However, from a marketing perspective, EXAMPLE.sg is easier to market verbally.

Question: I have a SEO guy who recommend that we can do a 301 redirect via .htaccess from .com.sg to .sg, however I am very afraid that we we will lose the SERP for .com.sg.

Can anyone highlight to me the pro and con for my situation and what I should be doing?

Thank you!

Guo Hong, Sep 17, 2014 IP