1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ColdFusion 9 works different from Coldfusion 8 with the autosuggest option in form

Discussion in 'Programming' started by inspectorjay, Nov 4, 2010.

Hi
    I was upgrading a website from CF 8 to CF 9 and i encountered a problem with autosuggest option in the form field. The problem is explained below

in coldfusion 8 in one of the form field if we type either a number or alphabet it will suggest the rest of the entries from the Data base.But it since i have upgraded to COLDFUSION 9, the auto suggestion works only for numbers and its not working with alphabets. When i used firebug to investigate the problem,it seems like i am getting the response with the alphabets, but its not getting displayed.

Below given is the code for the application

<cfinput type="text" name="institution_name" maxResultsDisplayed ="30" autosuggest="cfc:#module.cfc#/#here#.getInstitutionList({ticket_category_code},'#user_login#',{cfautosuggestvalue})" size="50" value="#attributes.institution_name#">

inspectorjay, Nov 4, 2010 IP