1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ColdFusion (9) CFCHART Shaded Backgrounds?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by 137th Gebirg, Mar 14, 2016.

Hello - been looking everywhere for a potential solution to this problem. I believe I'm close, but I am getting a weird error that doesn't make sense.

I'm looking for a way to change the color of a y-axis range on a bar chart, behind the bars, to show actionable thresholds on trainee progress. I ran across this example that looks like it might provide the desired results:

<cfsavecontent variable=“style”>
      <?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”?>
      <frameChart isInterpolated=“false” is3d=“false”>
        <yAxis>
          <limits index=“0” min=“120” max=“140” color=“##e6e7e8” />
        </yAxis>
      </frameChart>
    </cfsavecontent>
    <p />
    <cfchart chartWidth=“400” chartHeight=“400” title=“Title” style=“#style#”>

Code (markup):
    Problem is, when I use this code, I get the error "Elements LIMITS must contain index attribute". And yet, the "INDEX" parameter is clearly present in the "LIMTS" tag code establishing the range. Anyone know a way to fix this? Is there a better/easier way to shade background y-axis ranges? It seems to be something that is not commonly used and sample code is sparse. Any assistance appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2016
    137th Gebirg, Mar 14, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You're using the wrong double quotes - I don't remember what those you have there in that code block is called, but the ones you NEED to use is this: " (straight double quotes) - I'm guessing that's what tripping it up?

PoPSiCLe, Mar 15, 2016 IP
  3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the response - yes, that appears to be some post-process formatting going on when using the "CODE" tag. In the actual code on the server, I am using straight ANSII double-quotes.

137th Gebirg, Mar 16, 2016 IP