1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cold Fusion version of Coop Ad Network Code

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by Nitin M, Aug 22, 2004.

1. Stretch

Stretch Peon

Best Answers:
    No, the validator checks multiple pages from the site at random so you must have the ads on every page - it is a requirement of joining the network.

A site doesn't have to be in the network to have ads pointing at it. A person with an account can create an ad that points at any site they wish so long as it adheres to the ad guidelines: http://www.digitalpoint.com/tools/ad-network/guidelines.html

Stretch, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  2. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    There does seem to be something going on with my version that causes the "needs updating" message to be returned from DP after a certain amount of time or pageviews .... I'll be looking at this and hopefully posting the solution as well later tonight ...

Nitin M, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Assuming the parameters are being taken into account, it might be as simple as the URL you are requesting to the ad server.

digitalpoint, Jan 17, 2005 IP
  4. Nitin M

Best Answers:
    Shawn, is there any server side validation performed on the a URL param?
    I'm wondering if a difference in the Cold Fusion CGI.SERVER_NAME variable vs. the PHP $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] might have something to do with this...

Nitin M, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  5. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    No, I don't think that would matter.

digitalpoint, Jan 18, 2005 IP
  6. Nitin M

Best Answers:
    Doh! I guess I missed an update notice announcement too ... just stumbled onto this by reading the ASP thread ... it seems the url param was changed from a to b .... I need to look through the rest of the code and make sure no other changes are there but for right now, these files will correct the immediate problem ...

ALSO --- ANOTHER CHANGE I MADE ...

The files should now be named ad_network.cfm and ad_network_ads.cfm (not ad_network_ads.txt). I really didn't like the idea of someone being able to download the ad_network_ads.txt file and see all coop participants. Hopefully a similar change is made to all running versions as a measure of protection (even if it is overly paranoid).

Nitin M, Jan 18, 2005 IP