1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

coffee blog HELP

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Aaron111, Dec 24, 2015.

lol everyone" its been nearly 2 yrs with my coffee blog online" and yes im ranking although im not converting traffic to sales" how can that be done as far as a wp platform is concerned ./.....

Aaron111, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  2. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If its the link in your signature you might want to look at paid traffic like PPC (pay per click advertising) Coffee is an expensive market so the clicks to your ads might be high..

kb24, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  3. variannas

variannas Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    There could be many reasons why. You might want to have a professional look at your site to give you a reality check as to why people aren't purchasing.

-Is your site navigation easy?
    -Does the shopping cart work?
    -Do you have sufficient information about your product?
    -Have you hired someone to write a good sales pitch?
    -Do you have a business address and telephone number for customers and clients?

Anyways, the list goes on and on. I could look at your site to give you a few tips so if you need gelp, just PM me.

variannas, Dec 24, 2015 IP
  4. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The site in your signature about coffee? That's some excessive advertising. You have almost no content above-the-fold, just a giant ad. Run-on sentences, poor grammar, not many are going to take that "content" seriously. However, it is a
    good domain name.

Try giving people real content and a reason to visit your site other than smacking them in the face with a big ad the moment your site loads.

billzo, Dec 25, 2015 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I had to take a look...
    upload_2015-12-26_9-59-39.png
    that's not bad writing, that's sloppy spinning. If the content isn't genuine people won't trust you.

[​IMG]

the ads don't fit and the side bar looks seriously out of date.

upload_2015-12-26_10-2-32.png

the menu bar looks blurry and low res.

Your about page is blank (apart from the ads) http://coffeebeanroast.com/about-healthy-coffee-bean-roasters/ as is your privacy page

upload_2015-12-26_10-4-41.png

and yeah, I need to know that you skimp on hosting fees

all up, your site doesn't inspire trust, I wouldn't buy and I'm not surprised others feel the same.

I just googled "buy coffee beans" and the first non-ad and non-discussion result was http://www.coffeegeneral.co.nz/ (local result)

Take a look through their site. Their about us is pretty good, their contact page includes a street address and phone number. In the shop section there are some broken images and the site is pretty standard wordpress but you could learn a lot from their layout etc.

sarahk, Dec 25, 2015 IP
  6. jtopres

jtopres Peon

Best Answers:
    To get people to buy coffee you should first fix all the anti-trust issues mentioned above and then start thinking about your sales process.

You should find a way to engage your customers better. To do this you should be able to promote quality!! content to them on regular basis.

You can do this best via social media or email.

Consider:
    -Adding "mini-conversions" (download a fact sheet about coffee benefits in exchange for email-address) to build email-lists and then inform the list about new products, blog posts etc.
    -Jumping into social media and adding like/follow buttons to your site. In this case – as your resources are probably limited – I'd focus on Pinterest and facebook.

Hope this helps.

jtopres, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  7. FoxIX

FoxIX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Following on from what others are saying with regard to trust, you don't have an SSL certificate. Everything everyone has said is completely true, but if not followed up with a https address, no one will buy from you. They are a very important yet affordable investment. Some hosting companies even offer a year's single certificate for free.

FoxIX, Feb 2, 2016 IP
  8. Anlyhe84

Anlyhe84 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would restart this "Blog". I would not buy from this site. I don't trust it, as others are posting. I would go through a step-by-step program (I found one on youtube) for how to create a niche or e-commerce site. If you insist on a blog, editorial videos are available for blogs also. You need more substantial content. Once you have the content, add the links and ads in moderation. You are missing a few key elements.

Anlyhe84, Feb 26, 2016 IP