1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coding on side bar result different in IE and FF

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by bloglearn, Jan 17, 2008.

Hi,

I input this code in my left sidebar.

<font size="4"><font color="#FF0000">BlogTips:</font> <a href="http://.....com/blogtips"><span style="text-decoration: none">Easy Blog Surfing Tips For You</span></a></font>

However, result are shown differently in IE7 and FF2

This is what is shown in IE7
    [​IMG]

This is what is shown in FF2
    [​IMG]

I want the underline of the link to be removed in FF2, just like the example in IE7

I wonder how come using the same code, it appear differently in 2 different browsers.

I am using a wordpress blog. Do you guys know a way to deal with it?

By the way, if your mouse cursor hover over the link "Easy Blog Surfing Tips for you", It will change to Red colour.

bloglearn, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  2. myp

myp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The differences occur because each different browser renders webpages differently. I would suggest using a css stylesheet to handle this, but if you don't want to then try having the entire link inside the <span
    > tags i.e. <span style="text-decoration: none"><a href="http://.....com/blogtips">Easy Blog Surfing Tips For You</a></span> Try that and see if it helps.

myp, Jan 17, 2008 IP
  3. bloglearn

bloglearn Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi myp,

Thanks for your help. However, the code modification that you have suggested doesn't work and in IE7, it reappeared the underlined link.

Do you think that i need to show you the stylesheet at the head section?

bloglearn, Jan 18, 2008 IP