1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Code Validate- $15

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Zafar Ahmed, Jan 1, 2008.

Hi,

It's only small, about 10 pages. I want the code to validate so there are no errors.

Please PM me right away.

Or add me to your msn and message me at

Thank you

Zafar Ahmed, Jan 1, 2008 IP
    VimF likes this.
  2. freshdesigners

freshdesigners Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    added to msn

regards

freshdesigners, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  3. best host world

best host world Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hi ,

I have added you to the MSN !

Thanks .

best host world, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  4. Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Work has been given to PHPWebDeveloper.

Thank you all.

regards,
    Zafar Ahmed

Zafar Ahmed, Jan 1, 2008 IP
  5. PHPWebDeveloper

PHPWebDeveloper Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Since I'm new to the forums, have 0 posts, and 0 iTrader, I've been debating on whether or not to leave follow-up feedback on this user. Even though I'm new to Digital Point, I earn a full-time income as a freelance web designer/programmer on another site, and take all my work extremely seriously. I have many happy and satisfied clients, and continue to make new ones on a daily and ongoing basis. My clients are always happy, as I go above and beyond the call of duty every step of the way to ensure their happy. But my experience with Zafar Ahmed was the first negative experience I've ever had as a freelance developer, and I believe this experience needs to be told in order to protect other hardworking developers on this forum.

First off, the project description was to validate 10 XHTML Pages, which to any experienced web designer is both an easy and straight forward task. And I was expecting to have this project completed within a few hours of starting on it. However, what Zafar failed to mention, was that every single page was very poorly coded, and that every page had 50+ errors that needed to be fixed. Also, there were 11 pages instead of 10 as he originally stated.

Given the amount of errors, and the horrible coding in all the pages, it took additional time to clean up all the pages, which I did, and got all 11 pages to successfully validate. Every page successfully validated via "Direct Input" on the W3C Validator website, and at this point, I believed the project was finished, and requested payment from the client. But he refused to pay, kept making up BS accuses as to why the project wasn't complete, and that there was more work that needed to be done. Even though I knew this was a stalling tactic, and went against my better judgment, I decided to keep going, and make all the requested modifications.

However, even after doing this, he still wasn't happy, and tried to make me feel guilty by saying "you guaranteed me, promised me, gave me your word, etc..." But my favorite was when he said "be a man, keep your word, etc..." Even though I completed this project, and went way above and beyond what I was required to do, he had the nerve to say these things to me. There were several occasions where I clearly stated the project is completed, and that I want above and beyond to complete everything, which I did. But everytime I did that, he questioned my honesty, integrity, and accused me of not being a man and keeping my word. But I'm more of a man then he will ever be, and he's nothing but a coward and scammer hiding behind a computer screen.

Even though this guy has 500 posts, and half a dozen positive iTrader, I would strongly advise the Digital Point Community to stay away from Zafar Ahmed. Perhaps there was some point in time where he had some morals and ethics, but people change for whatever reasons, and my experience with him was surely a negative one. If your a developer, I wouldn't even consider working with this guy. As a freelancer, I can tell you there are many honest, trustworthy, and legit buyers out there with projects that need to be completed. And if your a buyer, I would highly advise you to stay away from him as well. Even though he kept promising to pay me, he never had any intentions of doing that, and wanted everything for nothing.

Overall, I believe there are many honest and trustworthy people on this site. I've actually met a few new happy and satisfied clients through Digital Point since joining. But there are a few bad apples in every group, and I had the unfortunate pleasure of meeting one. It's a learning experience, but I just wanted everyone on Digital Point to be aware. I'm also going to be leaving negative iTrader for this member, and I'm sure he will do the same for me even though he knows he's in the wrong, and that I'm in the right.

Sincerely,

PHPWebDeveloper

PHPWebDeveloper, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  6. nuke13

nuke13 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for letting us know... Did he ever pay?

nuke13, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  7. PHPWebDeveloper

PHPWebDeveloper Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    He refused to pay a single penny, and I was scammed out of the full $15 for this project. Given the amount of work involved, and all the time and effort I invested into this project, I'm extremely angry and frustrated with this member. Even though he offered me $15, he never had any intentions of paying, and kept using stalling tactics. He completely mis-represented the scope of the project, and kept making up excuses for why I needed to do more and more. He took advantage of the fact I don't require payment until after the project is completed, and knew he could get a freebie.

As a freelancer, I normally require 50% payment in advance, or the full amount to be put in escrow when working on larger projects. I work on many projects for clients who are paying me hundreds, and even thousands of dollars for a project. So I always try and safeguard and protect myself from getting screwed. It's sad that even on a $15 project, you have wonder if your actually going to get paid.

Sincerely,

PHPWebDeveloper

8. Zafar Ahmed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Oh my god - let me post the whole chat log here. Hold on - what a lier. OH MY GOD!

Zafar Ahmed, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  9. Zafar Ahmed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    (3:01 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Hey... I came across your post on Digital Point regarding validating code, and am interested. Would you be able to pay $15 via paypal after the work is completed?
    (3:01 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Yes, sir.
    (3:01 AM) Zafar Ahmed: The link is: client website

(3:01 AM) Zafar Ahmed: 10 pages.
    (3:02 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: And you need it to validate at http://validator.w3.org/?
    (3:03 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Yes, we need it to validate there of course.

(3:04 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Gotcha... I ran one of your pages, clientwebsitel[/url] through the validator, and it came back with 29 errors... So you need the code cleaned up on those 10 pages so it validates?
    (3:05 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Yes, of course.
    (3:05 AM) Zafar Ahmed: As mentioned, I need all the code validated so there are no errors.
    (3:07 AM) Zafar Ahmed: ?
    (3:07 AM) The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:

?
    (3:07 AM) Zafar Ahmed: ?
    (3:08 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Sorry for the delay... I'm talking to several different clients right now... But yes, I can do this for you, and for $15 via PayPal..
    (3:08 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I want it get done tonight.
    (3:08 AM) Zafar Ahmed: ?
    (3:09 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Yes, I will have it done in the next few hours... Does that work for you?
    (3:10 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Alright
    (3:10 AM) Zafar Ahmed: What do you need?
    (3:11 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I can stay up for two hours max
    (3:11 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Are you there?
    (3:12 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Yes I am... I've got a dozen different IM's open right now, so it's hard to respond back instantly..
    (3:12 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I can understand, I just want your confirmation because I have been added by 4 different programmers.
    (3:13 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: It's currently 5:15PM EST... So you need this by 7:15PM EST?
    (3:13 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Yes, sir. And I want full confirmation that you will do it. Otherwise, I will let other programmer.
    (3:14 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: ok, I can do this for you... To modify the code, I will simply view the source code for all the pages, and modify the code that way.
    (3:15 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Then I will run the pages through the validator.
    (3:15 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: I could then send the updated html pages in a zip file..
    (3:16 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Yes, do you want me to send you all the html files?
    (3:17 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Yes, that would be great.
    (3:17 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Alright, should I post in that thread that I have found a programmer?
    (3:17 AM) Zafar Ahmed: so no one contacts me?
    (3:18 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Yes, you could do that... It's your choice..
    (3:19 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Alright - So, I will get the work by 7 your timing? Well, actually I am worried because this is my clients website and I have promised him 2 hours.
    (3:20 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: It's currently 5:21PM here... So I could have it done by 7:30PM EST.
    (3:20 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Okay, perfect. I am posting in the thread.
    (3:20 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Please start working on it and I will let my client know
    (3:20 AM) Zafar Ahmed: what is your name of DP?
    (3:21 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: PHPWebDeveloper
    (3:21 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Thank You!
    (3:22 AM) Zafar Ahmed: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=629527
    (3:22 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Looking forward to the work I will have more work for you!
    (3:23 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Thank You!
    (3:24 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Initiated a file transfer
    (3:23 AM) Zafar Ahmed: The font on the menu at the bottom of collections-archive.html, collections-aw2008.html and collections-ss2008.html is defaulting to timesnewroman for some reason, and it should be the same as the other pages on the site.
    (3:24 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I think you should have the info you need from me. Please let me know if you have any questions. I will be online for two hours from now.
    (3:25 AM) Transfer of "pages_to_be_validated.zip" is complete.
    (3:27 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Any question?
    (3:27 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Nope, I'm good for now.
    (3:28 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Okay, perfect. Let me know. I will wait for the next 2 hours.
    (3:28 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Thank you
    (3:28 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Much appreciated!
    (3:35 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Please keep me update so I can update my client as well, he is just too worried
    (3:35 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Sure thing, will do!
    (3:35 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Thank you
    (3:35 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: I'm working on the 1st page right now.
    (3:36 AM) Zafar Ahmed: okay- tx
    (3:39 AM) Zafar Ahmed has changed his/her status to In a Call
    (4:00 AM) Zafar Ahmed: how is it going?
    (4:01 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: I'm working on it... There are lots of errors... On the 1st of 10 pages, there are 64 errors..
    (4:02 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Yes I know
    (4:02 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Thank you
    (4:51 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: hey... it's 6:50PM, and i just finished the 3rd page, moving onto the 4th... there are so many errors on each of the pages it's crazy...
    (4:52 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Wonderful! - Thank you!
    (4:53 AM) Zafar Ahmed: You are making good progress.

(4:53 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Thanks for that
    (4:55 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: I'm trying... But I'm just finding all the errors and fixing them so the pages validate... the first 3 validate, but i haven't tested them to see how they display or anything... just focusing on validating.
    (4:57 AM) Zafar Ahmed: You better make sure they display before you go any further
    (4:57 AM) Zafar Ahmed:
    (4:59 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: yes, i could do that... but that will slow me down a bit.
    (5:09 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: To validate 10 pages, with this amount of errors, and make sure everything displays properly takes time... It's probably a 6 hour job for most web designers... That's why I was concentrating on validating... If your client could give me a few more hours, I could make sure everything is perfect. But it's not possible for any person to do everything in 2 hours... or in my case, the next 20 minutes.
    (5:09 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Yes, take your time. I will talk to my client
    (5:09 AM) Zafar Ahmed: No worries.
    (5:09 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I will wait online
    (5:12 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Sounds ok?
    (5:13 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Sounds great. Thanks
    (5:13 AM) Zafar Ahmed:
    (5:16 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Do you happen to have a zip file with all the images for the site? In order to make sure everything displays, I need to download all the images to my computer.
    (5:16 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: If you don't, it's no big deal, as I can right click and save all the images. But I wanted to ask you before I spend time doing that.
    (5:17 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I can send you a full zip version of all files

(5:17 AM) Zafar Ahmed: It's up to you.
    (5:17 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: I have the zip with the 10 html files... do you have one with the images as well?
    (5:18 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: if not, i can download them myself... just wanted to see if you had them though before i spend 30 minutes doing it.
    (5:20 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I can download them and zip them for you
    (5:21 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: If you could, that would be great...
    (5:24 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Yes, I am preparing
    (5:30 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Initiated a file transfer
    (5:30 AM) Zafar Ahmed: There are onlly 7*images

(5:30 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Can you receive my file?
    (5:30 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Can you receive my file?

(5:30 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: it's transferring now...
    (5:31 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Can't see it transferring.
    (5:31 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Let me if its done
    (5:32 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: try sending again
    (5:32 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Initiated a file transfer
    (5:32 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Initiated a file transfer
    (5:32 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Is it working?
    (5:33 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: no it didn't come through...
    (5:34 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Let me upload.
    (5:36 AM) Zafar Ahmed: http://www.zafarahmed.com/images.zip
    (5:36 AM) Zafar Ahmed: works?
    (5:36 AM) The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:

http://www.zafarahmed.com/images.zip

(5:37 AM) Zafar Ahmed: http://www.zafarahmed.com/images.zip
    (5:37 AM) The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:

(5:37 AM) Zafar Ahmed: hello?
    (5:37 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: yes
    (5:37 AM) Zafar Ahmed: please give me your DP profile, msn is not even allowing me send you .zip file.
    (5:37 AM) Zafar Ahmed: or a .zip link!
    (5:39 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=127757
    (5:42 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Sent
    (5:43 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Worked?
    (5:43 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: will check
    (5:43 AM) Zafar Ahmed: ok
    (5:44 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Got it... thanks for sending the images.
    (5:44 AM) Zafar Ahmed: np
    (6:00 AM) Zafar Ahmed: How is it going?
    (6:01 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Right now, I'm modifying the code I fixed in the first three html pages... it validated, but doesn't display properly... so i'm working on that.
    (6:04 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Okay, thanks
    (6:05 AM) Zafar Ahmed: You can email the completed files once done to and I'll install them when I'm back. Send your Paypal ID as well.
    (6:06 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I have to take a nap for 3 hours
    (6:06 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Sure think, will do! Thanks!
    (6:07 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Please ask me anything before I leave, I want work completed in 4 hours because I am going for a 4 hours NAP.
    (6:08 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: I'm good for now. I have everything I need.
    (6:08 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Thank you - I will be looking forward to your Email
    (6:08 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Good Luck

(6:08 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Bye
    (6:08 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Later!

Session Start: Wednesday, January 02, 2008
    Zafar Ahmed (zafar@zafarahmed.com)
    PHPWebDeveloper (phpwebdeveloper@comcast.net)
    (4:47 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Please update me. I did not receive the completed files from you.

(4:47 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Hi I'm quite concerned that i didn't hear back from you, as you said it would be done tonight. I will be offline now for 12 hours but would appreciate your assistance regarding this. Thanks again.
    (4:49 PM) Zafar Ahmed has changed his/her name to "Zafar Ahmed(Office)"

Session Start: Wednesday, January 02, 2008
    Zafar Ahmed (zafar@zafarahmed.com)
    PHPWebDeveloper (phpwebdeveloper@comcast.net)
    (7:41 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: Hi, I got your PM... Please check your email... I sent you a zip file with the html files at 2:19AM this morning.
    (7:41 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: I sent it to
    (7:42 PM) Zafar Ahmed: let mecheck
    (7:43 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Last time I checked was half an hour ago, I did not receive anything
    (7:43 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: I sent it to that email address...
    (7:43 PM) Zafar Ahmed: My bad - it is in the junk folder.
    (7:43 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: ok
    (7:44 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Hold on a second, let me forward it to my client
    (7:44 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: There were actually 11 html files, and not 10. I still have to modify and validate collections.html as I said in that email. There were tons of errors and bad coding in that file.
    (7:49 PM) Zafar Ahmed: I have the client with me
    (7:50 PM) Zafar Ahmed: collections.html is a small page though

(7:50 PM) Zafar Ahmed: One of the smallest on the site
    (7:51 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: it has the most errors, and was badly coded... out of the 11 pages, that was the worst, and the hardest to validate. but i will have it done shortly.
    (7:52 PM) Zafar Ahmed: I'm checking the rest of the pages you sent now.
    (7:52 PM) Zafar Ahmed: thanks
    (7:55 PM) Zafar Ahmed: The pages you sent are all failing validation through the validator at http://validator.w3.org/
    (7:55 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Also some of the layouts have changed and the fonts are not right on all pages
    (7:55 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: If you want to make sure everything validates, just go to http://validator.w3.org/, and click "Validate by direct input"
    (7:55 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: they all pass
    (7:55 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: you have to copy/paste the code... that's what i did
    (7:57 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: If you click the validate by direct input tab, and copy paste all the code page by page, and then click check, they all validate.
    (7:58 PM) Zafar Ahmed: If you click the validate by direct input tab, and copy paste all the code page by page, and then click check, they all validate.
    (7:58 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Eg:

(7:58 PM) Zafar Ahmed: They need to validate via the URL

(7:58 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Why don't they validate via the URL
    (7:59 PM) Zafar Ahmed: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0
    (7:59 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 128 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as us-ascii (in other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding indication.

The error was: ascii "\xA0" does not map to Unicode

(8:00 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: no idea, it validates by direct input, when you copy/paste all the code... so it cant be the html code... both methods validate the same way.
    (8:01 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Please see the error it gives above

(8:01 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Sorry, I am unable to validate this document because on line 128 it contained one or more bytes that I cannot interpret as us-ascii (in other words, the bytes found are not valid values in the specified Character Encoding). Please check both the content of the file and the character encoding indication.

The error was: ascii "\xA0" does not map to Unicode
    (8:01 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: it has something to do with encoding, which has nothing to do with the html code. all the code validates by direct input.
    (8:03 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Wierd aye.
    (8:06 PM) Zafar Ahmed: It is strange it doesn't validate via the URL
    (8:07 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Anyway, I will try and install the pages now
    (8:07 PM) Zafar Ahmed: There are a few issues, things which have changed, fonts, etc
    (8:07 PM) Zafar Ahmed: I'll see if I can fix them, if not, I'll let you know.

(8:07 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Doing it now
    (8:07 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: i think it needs like one line of code to state the encoding at the top of the pages... will do that.
    (8:08 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Can you please fix it

(8:08 PM) Zafar Ahmed: I dont know how to fix it
    (8:08 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: i'm doing that now.
    (8:12 PM) PHPWebDeveloper has changed his/her status to Busy
    (8:13 PM) PHPWebDeveloper has changed his/her status to Away
    (8:14 PM) Zafar Ahmed: This site will actually be installed atclientwebsite, not clientwebsite so I'll need to change some of the paths once you're done
    (8:16 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: sure, no problem... i have to step away from my computer for a bit, but i will be back in about 40 minutes... but i will try and get that encoding problem resolved. if you find any problems with the pages that need to be fixed, let me know, and i will fix them when i return. thanks
    (8:18 PM) Zafar Ahmed: I can't install the site until I receive the new version from you

(8:18 PM) Zafar Ahmed: I'll wait here for you then.
    (8:39 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Are you back yet?
    (8:51 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: yes
    (8:52 PM) Zafar Ahmed: great
    (8:52 PM) Zafar Ahmed:
    Zafar Ahmed says:
    Raul - can you give me the whole requirement again?
    Zafar Ahmed says:
    I have showed you a mock up - is that what you require?
    (8:52 PM) Zafar Ahmed: So the site will be installed at jimmylim.com
    (8:52 PM) Zafar Ahmed: ignore the first message.
    (8:53 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Will you correct the paths or do you want me to once i receive the files from you?
    (8:54 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: what do you mean by correct the paths?
    (8:54 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: all you would have to do is upload the new html files over the old ones.
    (8:55 PM) Zafar Ahmed: yes, but the current path in the code you have is jimmylim.co.nz

(8:55 PM) Zafar Ahmed: not client website
    (8:58 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: i will modify that for you.
    (9:03 PM) Zafar Ahmed: The bottom navigation on most of the pages has also changed, to timesnewroman

(9:04 PM) Zafar Ahmed: It should look as per the original example at:

(9:04 PM) Zafar Ahmed: client website
    (9:04 PM) Zafar Ahmed has changed his/her status to In a Call
    (9:06 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: i'm working on it... the navigation and alignment changed because the way he had it setup before wasn't valid xhtml... it looked the way he wanted, but it was full of errors, and wouldn't validate.
    (9:07 PM) Zafar Ahmed: thanks for fixing it
    (9:25 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Hows it going
    (9:27 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: it's coming along... the font he uses on all the pages is "Times New Roman", Times, serif." you can check the html code on any of the pages and see that.
    (9:28 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: the font and style changed when i cleaned up the code to make it valid... but the fonts and all the styles are still the same.
    (9:28 PM) Zafar Ahmed: If you look at the old code at: hclient website

(9:28 PM) Zafar Ahmed: I think it is arial
    (9:28 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: it says times in the html code if you look at it.
    (9:29 PM) Zafar Ahmed: There is a stylesheet reference in the old code

(9:29 PM) Zafar Ahmed: This is the stylesheet

(9:29 PM) Zafar Ahmed: client website
    (9:29 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: it's all Times New Roman in the html code... there isn't any other font listed.
    (9:29 PM) Zafar Ahmed: The old site never displayed in times new roman

(9:29 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Take a look

(9:30 PM) Zafar Ahmed: hclient websitel
    (9:30 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: ok got it
    (9:31 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Great, thanks!

(9:31 PM) Zafar Ahmed: It's important the site looks the same way it did before
    (9:52 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: the font file is fixed... it wasn't working because the style.css wasn't included with the other html files... when you unzip the html files to a directory, you need that css file as well, so the html pages can link to it. so there was nothing wrong with the code there.
    (9:53 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Okay, great.
    (9:53 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Thanks a lot
    (10:18 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Do you know approx how long it will take until you're finished
    (10:21 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: in the next 30 minutes probably...
    (10:22 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Okay
    (10:45 PM) Zafar Ahmed: How is it going?
    (10:48 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: it's going... 10 pages will be done soon... i'm still fixing some errors in his code. then i have to do that 11th page, collections.html... trust me, i want to get this done asap, as i'm actually losing money right now. i have several other projects, and those clients are paying me several hundred to a few thousand for those projects... so i need to get this done asap...
    (10:50 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Thanks for your assistance. I'm standing by
    (11:15 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: i'm still fixing the font/style errors in some of the pages... its tedious and time consuming...
    (11:25 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Thanks. I'm standing by for you
    (11:51 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: Initiated a file transfer
    (11:52 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: That's the updated zip file... It contains 10/11 html pages... everything was modified to your specifications. But I'm still working on the collections.html file.
    (11:54 PM) You have successfully received C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Received Files\Validate Pages.zip from PHPWebDeveloper.

10. Zafar Ahmed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    continue:

(11:56 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: I found one error on the contact.html page, which is causing the First name, last name, etc... to be the same color as the background. the text is there, but its black, and i need to change that... i will send you that updated file in a few minutes.
    (11:56 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Thanks, checking
    (11:57 PM) Zafar Ahmed: Okay
    (11:58 PM) Zafar Ahmed: main.html still not validating
    (11:59 PM) PHPWebDeveloper: you have to validate by direct input... i didn't modify anything to make it validate by file upload... so it still won't be able to do that.
    (12:01 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I thought you said you were fixing that
    (12:01 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: that has nothing to do with the xhtml/css code... everything is valid... basically, when you use file upload, it looks for "text/html; charset=us-ascii" />" which should probably be utf-8 at the top of the page... the validator won't even check the code if it doesn't see that correctly coded at the top of the page.
    (12:01 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: i was fixing the other million things that needed to be fixed.
    (12:04 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Would you like FTP

(12:04 AM) Zafar Ahmed: It might be easier for you to upload changes
    (12:06 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I can give you FTP details if it makes it easier for you.
    (12:06 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I've uploaded the pages you sent so you can see how it looks at client website/url] (12:08 AM) PHP...u need to go to [url]http://validator.w3.org/, click the "Validate by Direct Input" tab, and copy/paste the code... it will validate... the reason file upload wont work is because it cant open the file without that one line of html code.
    (12:35 AM) Zafar Ahmed: But you're going to fix it right?

(12:36 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I realise what you're saying, but it needs to be fixed so they validate normally on the web
    (12:37 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Can you insert the one line of html code so we can complete this
    (12:38 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: yes, i will do that.
    (12:39 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Many thanks. I really appreciate your help
    (1:00 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: All the pages validate using "validate by URL" as well...
    (1:01 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: So they validate using "Validate by URL" and "validate by Direct Input"... But it won't work with validate by file upload... 2/3 is pretty good though... i tried some things, and it still wont work with file upload... could be a character or something...
    (1:02 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: But if it works with validate by URL, and validate by direct input, it doesn't seem like a big deal that file upload won't work.
    (1:03 AM) Zafar Ahmed: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=h...(detect+automatically)&doctype=Inline&group=0
    (1:04 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: main.html and the main website validates by url... i have to fix one line in the rest of the files, and they will all validate as well.
    (1:04 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: if they all validate by url though, thats all that matters really.
    (1:05 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Did you see the browser error for main.html in IE
    (1:05 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: what broswer error?
    (1:07 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Go to client website
    (1:07 AM) Zafar Ahmed: On the left hand corner of IE, there is a "!" mark
    (1:08 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Double-click on it and it will show you the error
    (1:09 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Line: 9
    Char: 3894
    Error 'null' is null or not an object
    Code: 0
    URL: hclient website

(1:14 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: i will spend another 30 minutes or so on this project, and then i have to move onto other things... i've already devoted like 12 hours on this modifying pages, fixing bugs and errors, etc... its like a never ending project... and i'm already behind on all my other projects, and I've lost several hundred for the day...
    (1:14 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: i make a full-time income as a freelance web designer/programmer... i'm 22 years old, a full-time college student, and have many bills and expenses... tuition/fees, books, car insurance, my apartment, gas, food, cell phone, etc... i support myself 110%, and can't afford to lose countless hours of pay for a $15 project... My normal rate is $70 per/hour, and most of my clients pay that. Just so your
    (1:15 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: aware... so i will spend another 30 - 45 minutes, and then i have to move onto some other projects for awhile. i could work on this again later tonight after that.
    (1:16 AM) Zafar Ahmed: We made a deal, and of course, I do hope you will honour it like a mans word
    (1:16 AM) Zafar Ahmed: My client is screaming already so I really do need this done ASAP
    (1:16 AM) Zafar Ahmed:
    (1:16 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I will have more work for you after
    (1:16 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Infact, I have projects of $800 to $12K.
    (1:17 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Still waiting on the collections page as well
    (1:18 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Most Web Designers will charge more than $15.00 to validate a single page... I'm doing this project more for positive feedback/comments then the money obviously...
    (1:19 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I dont know what to say. I mean, you accepted the job so lets complete it and move on
    (1:19 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Don't worry I have more work for you and will certainly recommend you!!
    (1:20 AM) Zafar Ahmed: In fact, as soon as you complete this, I can give you another job immediately
    (1:21 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: As for honoring my word, I always do.. But when I accepted the project, I didn't know there were 50 - 100 errors and bugs per page... And that the pages were really poorly coded in some cases... I wouldn't have taken the project for $15, and I doubt anyone else would for the amount of work involved...
    (1:21 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: But I'm working on it, and will get it done.
    (1:22 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Thank you.
    (1:24 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I just fixed that IE error

(1:24 AM) Zafar Ahmed: if you go to line 9 of the html and remove />
    (1:25 AM) Zafar Ahmed: But then it fails validation

(1:25 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I'll leave it to you, you're the expert
    (1:28 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: If you go to client websitez/, which is the original, he has errors on all the pages. i will look at the ie errors after everything else is fixed.
    (1:31 AM) Zafar Ahmed: By the way, whats your paypal?
    (1:31 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Okay
    (1:35 AM) Zafar Ahmed: By the way, whats your paypal?

(1:36 AM) PHPWebDeveloper:
    (1:38 AM) Zafar Ahmed: thanks
    (1:52 AM) Zafar Ahmed: How you going
    (1:55 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: i'm working on the collections.html file.. then i will make sure all the pages validate via url... what else did you say needed to be done?
    (1:55 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: the internet explorer errors aren't affecting the display of the page... those errors aren't even being referenced on the correct lines.
    (1:57 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I just got a call from my client, he's screaming...

(1:57 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I told him it wont be much longer

(2:00 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Things look pretty good, as long as everything validates, the collections and the collections sub-pages are OK, but there is that obvious IE error on the homepage and contact page
    (2:01 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: That's his problem... First off, he had 11 pages instead of 10 as was originally stated... The pages were full of bugs and errors, poorly coded, and they needed to be validated in addition to all that... He's only paying pennies for the project as well. For the work I've already done, any other client would have paid me far more than $15.00... Any other developer would have given up on this by now
    (2:02 AM) Zafar Ahmed: It's my problem now! hehe, I'll pay you some more to fix it
    (2:03 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Just ignore him... Whatever he's paying you for this project isn't enough...
    (2:04 AM) Zafar Ahmed: No, I will have to pay it personally.
    (2:04 AM) Zafar Ahmed: We (you and I) both want to have this completed right away
    (2:05 AM) Zafar Ahmed: don't worry, i will pay u more to cover it
    (2:05 AM) Zafar Ahmed: i'll cover it
    (2:05 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Why? I assumed he's paying you like $30 for this project, you take a $15 fee to find a developer, and keep the other half...
    (2:06 AM) Zafar Ahmed: No, I am paying personally.
    (2:06 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: That's nice of you... I wouldn't pay for projects for my clients, lol...
    (2:07 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I'll make a loss on this. I just need it done
    (2:09 AM) Zafar Ahmed is now Offline
    (2:11 AM) Zafar Ahmed is now Online
    (2:11 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Well, whatever your loss is, mine is much bigger... I would have made a few thousand on one of my projects today, but thats been delayed, and I wont get paid until Friday. So were in the same boat.

(2:12 AM) Zafar Ahmed: How much longer will it take you
    (2:14 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Probably another hour or two... i'm cleaning up his code in the collections.html file now... then i have to validate it, and you have to upload it. after that, i have to fix those other minor things...
    (2:17 AM) Zafar Ahmed: Okay

(2:17 AM) Zafar Ahmed: I'll let him know
    (4:01 AM) PHPWebDeveloper: Hey, can you give me ftp access to client website/url] (5:45 AM) Zafa...or $15, you should not have accepted the job.

11. Zafar Ahmed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Please go through the chat log and tell me who is the scammer here. Let me know who if you need a screenshot if this chat log :)

As I said on MSN, it's not about $15. It is about you accepting the job and not completing it to validate. You even told me you would add the line of code to make it validate via URL. You even told me you were going to do now. Now, you tell me you're done.
    I showed you the site before you accepted the job. If you were not willing do complete it for $15, you should not have accepted the job.

12. nuke13

nuke13 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sure it may not happened like he said but why did you not pay?

nuke13, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  13. Zafar Ahmed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    brother - it is not about the money, heck, I will pay him $30. This is not at all about the money.

I post an ad on DP and he added me on MSN, after seeing his profile with 0 post, everyone would think he is just trying to scam. Anyhow, i closed my eye and had a deal with him.

He accepting the job and did not complete it to validate. he even told me you would add the line of code to make it validate via URL.he even told me you were going to do now. Now, hes telling me me hes done.
    I showed himthe site before he accepted the job. If he was not willing do complete it for $15, he should not have accepted the job.

14. PHPWebDeveloper

PHPWebDeveloper Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Greetings Scammer,

The chat log you posted above doesn't prove anything, and your not including all the chats we had. It's nice you edit and modify things to your liking as well. Digital Point Members, this guy is a scammer, and should be permanently banned from the forums. It boggles my mind how this guy sleeps at night, and how he can get up each and every morning and look at his ugly face in the mirror.

This thread is heading in the wrong direction, and everything that needs to be said has been said. He knows he's a scammer, and is trying to make me look like the bad guy. I hate it when people like this try to play the victim. As a professional freelancer, I also have access to an attorney, and am considering getting him involved. It's not the money, but the principal of the matter, and this scumbag is trying to destroy my image and reputation with outright lies and complete BS. Mods, I'm requesting you close this thread, as it's going to turn into a flame war.

Sincerely,

PHPWebDeveloper

15. Zafar Ahmed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Hi,

To any DP members, if you want a screenshot of our chat, please PM me and to moderators, look at his childish reply below.

Obviously, after I posted the chat log, he changed his mind and started calling me by names and his ugly face comments below.

I have given him an negative iTrade and we all should.

I have been on DP for a long time, longer than him. I would not scam anyone for just 15. Hell, I am doing a business here and you think I would scam anyone for $15. LOL

Just go through the chat log guys, let me know if you want screentshot.

I have enough proof :)

Please give him a negative iTrade.

Thank you all :)

16. nuke13

nuke13 Banned

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Personally i think that Zafar Ahmed is not a scammer and i would still use his services, but dont think i would use PHPWebDeveloper after reading through everything, and how un-professional he was...

nuke13, Jan 3, 2008 IP
    VimF likes this.
  17. Num Lock

Num Lock Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 49
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Why did you leave your clients URL on the convo? I'm sure he'll enjoy seeing that getting cached on search engines...

Num Lock, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  18. Zafar Ahmed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Thank you.

nuke - I received a negative iTrader from him for nothing. I own a company XenonWebSolutions.com and make around $1500 to $1800 a month ( i know this should be confidential but i have to in order to proof)

Do you think I will scam someone for $15 and ruin my reputation over it?

This guy has given me a hard time. Please help me get him banned from here. Otherwise, he will waist everyones time by adding them on MSN without replying to thread and ruining their reputation.

Thank you , i have edited them :)

19. PHPWebDeveloper

PHPWebDeveloper Guest

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    First off, I did complete the job, and everything does validate. They all validate via direct input at http://validator.w3.org/... So your statement that the pages won't validate is a complete lie. I could upload all the files, so that Digital Point Members can see for themselves that all the XHTML files successfully validate. Also, you didn't show me the site before I accepted the job. That's complete BS as well.

On the bright side, as a result of this thread, several Digital Point members have contacted me regarding work they need done. So it's nice that some good can come out of this.

This guy can say whatever he wants, but he's the scammer, and he knows that's the truth. He can post all the chat logs he wants, make up chat logs, edit them, etc... all in an attempt to make him look like the victim. But I'm the one who got scammed, not the other way around.

I'm done with this thread, and have said all that needs to be said. Unlike this guy, I actually have a life, and need to earn an income. Mods, if you could please close this thread, that would be great. I'm currently in contact with my attorney, and am reviewing some legal options against this scammer. I performed a service, went above and beyond, and he refused to pay. And now he's trying to destroy my reputation on the forums. So I'm strongly considering taking action against this guy.

Sincerely
    PHPWebDeveloper

20. Zafar Ahmed

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    Why do you want the moderators to close this thread? I have provided enough proof and why are you backing off? You have called me ugly face and other comments which a 13 years old kid would do.

I have many positive comments than you on DP and I have been doing business here for more than 2 years now. Do you think I will scam someone with 0 post for $15?

regarding the work,

here is a logo of the chat log (last part)

Hope, this explains :)