1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Coby DuBose paid $75 but delivered nothing

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by rdrye, Nov 23, 2007.

1. DeniseJ

DeniseJ Live, Laugh, Love

Best Answers:
    I just discovered that this guy has been banned on DP... I didn't know if anyone else was aware of that fact. Maybe I'm just slow :p

In either case I hope that the people he's burned have a way to potentially contact him off board.

DeniseJ, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  2. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I wonder if pointing PayPal towards this thread would be any proof of what this guy is doing? It seems like they would have to become very suspicious if everyone who paid him all raises concern. I paid him $115 by the way.

Zibblu, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  3. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    I noticed the rate he was charging for his work... and I can almost guarantee he got burned out and blew off some of his projects. It happens. A writer takes on more than they can chew, and a client ends up getting screwed over.

I'm not sure if PayPal will do anything in regards to this thread - have you tried contacting him off DP? Does he have an e-mail address where he can be reached? Something should be done, I would hate to see him get away with this crap.

DeniseJ, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  4. rdrye

rdrye Peon

Best Answers:
    So where should I go for reputable writers for my blogs?

rdrye, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  5. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    There are many reputable writers here on DP - but you should look for someone who specializes in the topic(s) your blogs are about. If you want quality writing, be prepared to pay for it. The reputable writers I know do not come "cheap" according to the majority of DP's standards.

DeniseJ, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  6. vabeaty

vabeaty Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are excellent writers on DP, he just happens to be one of the less professional ones, I guess.

vabeaty, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  7. Amilo

Amilo Peon

Best Answers:
    He sent me an email about 3 hours ago,see my post above.

I have got a few mates who live in South Carolina at the uni who live very close to him.
    They have managed to get an address and phone number for him.

If I dont get my work or money back in 24 hours I will give everyone who he owes money to his details and get my friends to help me collect as they live around the corner.

Amilo, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  8. gocubs19

gocubs19 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have experience, so unless you have been scammed out $100 before, asked for the FBI's help, and got $100 back, don't stick up for them.

They have WAY more important things to do worry about cases involving $100-1k.

gocubs19, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  9. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    That's pretty hard core.

*makes note not to mess with Amilo*

I'll let you know if he gives me my money back ($115) or delivers the work...

Zibblu, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  10. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well he only owes me $10 or 2 articles.. at this point I want to take the $10 and be done with it

daones, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  11. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    I've decided to go ahead and open up a PayPal dispute, it seems clear to me that he is not planning on doing any of the work I paid for and he has not responded to my latest email.

Zibblu, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  12. sterry

sterry Peon

Best Answers:
    unfortunately PayPal is not on your site when it comes to "virtual items".

sterry, Nov 30, 2007 IP
  13. masterofdomains106@gmail.

masterofdomains106@gmail. Peon

Best Answers:
    He can come back to them saying it was a service. EBay only cares about tangible items, now if you paid with a credit card; a chargeback might be possible. State to your bank that you weren't given a product that you ordered online. Paypal hates chargebacks.

Jim

14. lkj

lkj Peon

Best Answers:
    file a dispute with paypal, he loser knows that intangible items is his paypal chargeback guarantee. If they get quite a few disputes - he will lose his paypal account. By the way, I have already sent all paperwork to our bank for chargeback procedure - I am lucky I paid with CC. Plus, I found out the guy whom he sold articles before selling a half year later article pack to me {unique and sold only once..haha what a joke}.

I still can't understand such j*rks (sorry) that run away with <100$.... - how CHEAP it is. Steal with a respect, loser !

lkj, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  15. Amilo

Amilo Peon

Best Answers:
    I had an email from Coby this morning regards the content I asked him to do.
    I think he is buying for time.

Come on Coby your time is running out fast.

Tick Tock Tick Tock!!!

Amilo, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  16. daones

daones Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He should either finish all orders that he has taken.. send out emails or PMS to all those who ordered from him.. and tell them a estimate for the time of completion. Or just move on..

daones, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  17. DeniseJ

Best Answers:
    The professional thing to do would be to inform everyone he took orders from that either A) He's going to be late with the order or B) HE F***** up!

DeniseJ, Dec 2, 2007 IP
  18. mmcqueen

mmcqueen Peon

Best Answers:
    I know how it feels. I got took for close to $500 about a couple of months ago. It was on another forum (three times) and did a paypal claim and paypal approved each but no money in their account. I paid with a credit card, if I did a charge back through the credit card would that mess with my paypal account?

Michael

mmcqueen, Dec 2, 2007 IP