1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

.CO names acquired by DP members!

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by AdamFL, Jul 20, 2010.

1. gilescoley

gilescoley Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its Jewellery in a lot of countries, I believe its Jewelry in the US

I think its Jewellery in the UK, australia, New Zealand, South Africa etc

gilescoley, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  2. iNET SEO

iNET SEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    I managed to get jab.co and a few others :)

iNET SEO, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  3. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    At the end of the day, it's a ccTLD. And ccTLDs are run differently than .com, and in my opinion, present more of a liability.

It does mean Colombia. In Google, these are auto-set (and irreversibly) target Colombia users.

----------------------------------

So, at best - you guys have potential to rank highly for users searching in Colombia - as far as Google goes. A lot of people have been misinformed about these country code extensions. It's funny to see the ones who are praising the extension are the ones who have invested significant funds into the domains. Have fun letting them drop next year.

;)

True, anyone who has been in the industry for even a few years knows that only a few of these domains are valuable.

Some of the crap posted here, I would not have registered in .com even. Oh well, the more invested in .co, the more wasted. And the lesss money in competition for other sites which I will be acquiring. In that case, BUY .CO BUY LOTS OF IT BUY 3 LETTTER .CO BUY 4 LETTER .CO BUY 10 LETTER .CO !@!!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
    furca, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  4. wulfy

wulfy Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks best of luck to you too :)

It is infact a correct spelling. In British English anyway lol. In Britain and many countries it is JEWELLERY and in the US and many other countries it's JEWELRY. Be careful to check your spellings lol but with variations like this don't forget some top words will have two opportunities :).

Also got topo.co - at the moment National Georgraphic have topo.com, maybe they have an affiliate programme?

wulfy, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  5. pramod8_5

pramod8_5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Railway.co
    videocall.co
    gameworld.co

pramod8_5, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  6. wulfy

wulfy Peon

Best Answers:
    wulfy, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  7. Hotelsex

Hotelsex Peon

Best Answers:
    thinking of a 'quick flip'
    These three names are ALL based on actual PAST SALES
    .. good move or bad move?

• DiscountLaptops.co
    (DiscountLaptops.com sold for $23,760.00 in 2009 - presently a LIVE SITE)

• DiscountSoftware.co
    (DiscountSoftware.com sold for $23,500 in 2007 and DiscountSoftware.net sold for $5,000 in 2007 - BOTH names are presently parked.)

• VegasDiscounts.co
    (VegasDiscounts.com sold for $15,000 in 2008 - also presently parked)

all confirmed sales based on who.is:
    http://www.domaintools.com/domain-sales-history/?q=discount

good idea?.. bad idea?

Hotelsex, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  8. movepicker

movepicker Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure about .co but I wish everyone who has one a lot of luck. I just don't feel good about a country code name and one at this high price.

movepicker, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  9. iain123

iain123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats why i didnt shell out too much on this after all its in googles hands what actually happens from here on
    if it stays as cotld (which is possible) then a lot of people have wasted their cash

iain123, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  10. Hotelsex

Hotelsex Peon

Best Answers:
    nah... even one word dictionary/product names are still big in any country name. (at worst - MORE than the $25 it costs to register a name)

but if it breaks the other way..and goes global (which you have to think is more than likely to happen)
    .. then a lot of people just made a BOATLOAD of money Iain!

i'll take that gamble for a couple hundred dollars myself cause it looks like this will be nothing BUT big.

There is no way this just gets swept under the rug in any case at this point...already it's the BIGGEST launch SINCE the dot-com.
    this storm had been brewing but i don't think even the registrars expected this to be THIS kinda big!.. early signs show that it's obviously NOT going to be .tel, or .mobi or .asia... too big already!

and besides, if it IS in 'G's' hands... then all the more this will go global and changes WILL be made.. 'G' only stands to make a TON more money if this was accepted as any other .com, or .net

For those of you who jumped on board and were able to grab some good names, i don't think you'll be sorry at all... these past few days 'could be' a huge day in your history!

.. just my thoughts anyway.

Hotelsex, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  11. wulfy

wulfy Peon

Best Answers:
    Well we will see about receiving some more clarification in the coming days :)

wulfy, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  12. doonn

doonn Active Member

Best Answers:
    i got three

cyberpress.co
    torontonian.co
    iphone4gs.co

willing to sell all three. pm me if interested

doonn, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  13. PuneetJvw

PuneetJvw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Hmm dunno if it is a bad idea but definitely not a good idea :)
    (Speaking from personal experience.)

I own the .cc version of a domain which was sold for $125000 a few years back and i havent even received a $1250 offer for the domain i have.

Just my 2 cents.

Flip it soon if you can...

~JIMMY THAKKAR

PuneetJvw, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  14. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AdamFL, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  15. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How long have you been a domain speculator? .in was huge and has reason to be - india has a huge online presence. I'm afraid it's not the same for .co.

Wow, colombia has a vegas? I didn't know!

I feel bad for you guys who are registering crap without knowing. Don't let this thread fool you. .co names are ccTLDs and always will be.

A few differences here. .CO is a ccTLD and is targetted towards Colombian users. .COM is a global TLD (gTLD) and has no specified target. Thus, take all 23,760 and divide that by all of the countries and the world and you will get the approximate value of DiscountLaptops.co, which is approximately $0.

furca, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  16. iain123

Best Answers:
    still has to get googles approval from being a cotld if it does not then wether you have dictionary names or not wont matter
    .co will only be usefull in columbia
    going by whats happening though looks like the futures bright for .co

all the hype was done about it being the new .com without actually saying its still actually nothing more than a cotld without any word of it being any different that what annoys me a lot of people spent money being unaware of this fact,thats not right
    .co is right now classed the same by google as any other countries extension lets hope that changes after the attention domainers have given it
    not dissing the whole .co i actually have a few myself and would love it to do well

iain123, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  17. AdamFL

AdamFL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you read what I just posted? Google approved .co as global :p
    So please guys stop talking about Columbia and India... Columbia now has .com.co
    they sold .co to the world and you guys need to admit it :)

AdamFL, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  18. iain123

Best Answers:
    show me something that states it officially

from google themselves then i will be happy

iain123, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  19. furca

furca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think the authors are interpreting this incorrectly. From what I read on other sites they state "We will rank .co domains appropriately if the content is globally targeted. Webmasters will soon have the functionality to be able to specify this by using the geotargeting options in Google Webmaster Tools." I still smell major BS.

Some say "TV and ME" ccTLDs are targetted globally. Well, look at their success. .CO FUTURE IS THE SAME AS .TV AND .ME - according to the sources i've heard. = Mostly worthless.

Too bad it is forever branded as a ccTLD because it is a ccTLD. It's unfortunate that you may have invested in this sinking ship :/ Contrary to your beliefs, .CO is not here to alleviate the .COM space. They are two seperate TLDs for two seperate purposes.

furca, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  20. iain123

Best Answers:
    something to ponder here

New Top Level Domains
    The creation of new top level domains (TLDs) is authorised by ICANN. Some argue that new TLDs provide greater choice, as well as enabling the development of new services. An example of this is the creation of a .mobi’ TLD to encourage internet services on mobile telephones. Some argue that creating new TLDs increases the costs for businesses that must purchase
    relevant new domain names to deter fraudulent usage. Furthermore, the demand for new TLDs has been questioned.

from a goverment site
    cant find anything being said from google this was my point the last time these threads started up before the launch

lets hope it goes go the way everyone wants some new fresh injection into domaining is needed

newspapers and magazines etc are not what i read and call solid proof and i will feel better when i see something official rather than a news item According to a story at PCPro.co.uk.

iain123, Jul 22, 2010 IP