1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

cms systems ?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by autocrat, Jun 23, 2005.

OK, does anyone know of a cms system that will let me just "plug-in" to a standard page template?

I've looked at Mambo and PHPNuke, and these, as well as many others, all seem to utilise the same structuring...Hdr, 3 Col, Ftr.

I am looking for something that I can just apply the code to the back end of the site so that it calls the relevant details...... or that will

have advanced features for utilising a page template and generating pages on the fly depending on what is called for!

Yet I am having no luck.
    Am I asking too much?

Any Ideas?

autocrat, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  2. samm27

samm27 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also interested in something like that.

samm27, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  3. samm27

samm27 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am also interested in something like that.

samm27, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    If you just want to plug in data into your existing template, the HTML::Template perl libraries are pretty solid for handling your needs. If you want something wrapped up in a CMS system, unfortunately everything out there has it's own templating language - it's not like BBCode where all of the disparate software companies all migrated to one standard. It may happen eventually, but definitely not right now.

Movable Type's templating is relatively simple with some power built into it when you are ready to delve deeper. WordPress is reportedly pretty simple to work with too, but I haven't done much of that myself. As far as the Nukes go, they are terrible to work with IMO. Typo3 is OK - it's powerful and simple once you know what you are doing. The only problem is that knowing what you are doing can take weeks. I don't know about Mambo.

If you are willing to spend some cash, Macromedia Contribute is pretty decent, and of course there's templating built into DreamWeaver, GoLive, and plenty of other HTML editors.

nevetS, Jun 23, 2005 IP
  5. subseo

subseo Guest

Best Answers:
    subseo, Jun 24, 2005 IP