1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

cms for html

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by PowerChaos, Mar 29, 2020.

hey all
    i wonder what is the best cms for html or for web design in general

i am a php developer , so i know a bit of html but i work mainly with notepad++
    i also made my own script , kinda like a cms but then just for my needs

mainly i use my own script to implent a lot of php code with a easy to vieuw system ( all in folders and with classes to call most used functions )

so that is not what i am looking for today
    i am at this moment looking for a system or cms that makes it easy to create websites, does not need to be from scratch but just easy to create

i found 1 system i love , but sadly it does not work like it need to be ( hoosk )
    i also tried differend others but they are based on twig or other "code" that i like to avoid learning

in my case i just need a simple system , preffer drag/drop ( blocks ) and where i can put my php code in to execute some scripts

any one got a idea ?

Greets from PowerChaos

PowerChaos, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You've tried wordpress?

very easy to write plugins etc.

sarahk, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  3. PowerChaos

PowerChaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    i dit try wordpress , but that is not for me
    i basicly hate wordpress as it provide so mutch trouble with security and so mutch work to optimise it for a bit of speed
    also its not that easy to do database edits all the time to edit the website look and feel (yea wp is db based ... always fun)
    for example, try to make all your images from http to https ... and to convert all links to https,
    i bet you need a (paid) plugin for it , and hopely the plugin works nicely with the sessions that do redirect you all the time :D

and wordpress is not really that code friendly
    specialy not if i want to implent my own code into it

a example of a few sites i have
    • uptime tracker
    • status tracker
    • hosting website
    • webshop
    • fileshare site
    • game site ( fully coded to make things automatic in game )
    • few normal html sites ( local shops )
    • working on a shop site for a local shop
    this goes over the course of 10 years
    but i am looking for a better way then to code everything in notepad++ all the time

i am not talking about wordpress / drupal / joomla / phpcoin ..
    they are indeed cms systems but they are more for blogs
    not to design websites and to easy maintain them ( like changing the template )

maybe i am wrong , but so far i know is wordpress not designed to be a one page html frontend ? or to implent a lot of custom code into it (like ajax to show a live uptime status )

Greets from PowerChaos

PowerChaos, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Please tell me that you don't refer to yourself as powerchaos in real life!

I guess it doesn't really matter what system you use on your website, you're still going to be coding it up on your local PC and that will be notepad++, netbeans, sublime text etc

Are you trying to have your own in house version of wix or Squarespace?

sarahk, Mar 29, 2020 IP
  5. PowerChaos

PowerChaos Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, PowerChaos ( Nico Quintiens ) -> PowerChaos Company -> it is me :D

i indeeed try to have my own inhouse version like wix
    at current moment i have my own "base" system ( https://bitbucket.org/PowerChaos/ ) that splits up the template from the functions ( we all love a /pages folder with a template system in /template wrapped around it )

but mainly i am looking for a system so i can easy code templates around a framework, so i do not need to edit every single file
    a framework that make it easy to fast deploy websites, easy to adjust

thats why i find hoosk intresting , it is just drag/drop with a ability to make some php files
    but that script is based on javascript in database ( json for html ) and easy breaks with the stuff i want to do
    and because it is db driven and json is it not easy to put php code in it ( json html -> php code -> does not work as it get parsed as text and not as php )

but it just seems that it is not easy to find a script like that :(

Greets from PowerChaos

PowerChaos, Mar 30, 2020 IP