1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Cloudlinux VS Betterlinux

Discussion in 'Security' started by applehost, Oct 8, 2012.

Hello,

we are planning to use Cloudlinux or Betterlinux on our cent OS 6 cpanel server.

As i am new to this technology and have never used this, will request boarders to give their valuable suggestion on, which option is best in case of cent OS 6 and cpanel server. Also which one has better features

applehost, Oct 8, 2012 IP
  2. backupgreen

backupgreen Peon

Best Answers:
    Go with CloudLinux. CL sends updates regularly and the project is more active than BL.

backupgreen, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  3. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Banned

Best Answers:
    BL is still beta, but could really challenge CL in the future.

SolidShellSecurity, Oct 10, 2012 IP
  4. ggoyal

ggoyal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We use cloudlinux and have been very satisfied with it. We haven't evaluated BetterLinux yet

ggoyal, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  5. 1809

1809 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Cloudlinux is grate tool and i use it on few servers but i will love if cloudlinux add some new options..now after one year of use i forget that i have cloudlinux :D

1809, Oct 25, 2012 IP
  6. blockdos

blockdos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Cloudlinux is nice. BUt we are trying betterlinux on a few boxes now. No GUI in cpanel yet but the settings are pretty easy to mess with in the config directory. I think when it comes out its supposed to be a lot cheaper. I actually have it setup to test on 5 free hosting boxes and 2 paid hosting boxes now. I do see though that a lot of the same stuff in BL can be done in CSF.

Every dime of overhead counts in this busisness so if something does the same thing as a more expensive tool then you should go for it. I think it was made by Matt heaton of bluehost so I say he knows his stuff.

blockdos, Oct 25, 2012 IP