1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Closing my first Adsense Site

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by melfan, Oct 4, 2004.

I want to close my website that was originally approved by google adsense because of some cost issues. Can I continue using the same account with my other sites? (My other sites are already running for more than 6 months and have recieved better earnings than my original website). Another question is if I move my websites to new hosting does it affect SEO? If my website is down for couple of days would it be erase on google rankings?

Thanks in advance

melfan, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yes, you can...

digitalpoint, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I would try to keep site from being donw for long (don't know how long is too long). I had a client fail to renew his domain name. I first realized it when his SERPs as shown by DigitalPoint keyword tracker fell and then disappeared. I notified owner. At that point his domain name was in redemption period. He did not want to pay asking price so we ended up having to get a new domain name and am now working on getting it reindexed.

Suggest you move sites and put in redirect to assure continuity in indexing.

Shaannon

Smyrl, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  4. paradox

paradox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When a domain name falls into the redemption period does this mean that it costs more than the original annual fee to regain it?
    I thought you just had to pay the registrar the usual yearly rental to get the domain name to be live again? Maybe this varies between registrars?

paradox, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  5. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    I could be mistaken. That was impression I got from him but it may be that it was after someone else purchased domain for resale. Someone bought it. Anyone can now purchase domain for $500 US. I can't figure out why someone bought a person's name dot com for speculation purpose since all other extensions were open.

Shannon

Smyrl, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  6. paradox

paradox Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Shannon. Thanks makes sense as to why he did not want to pay the price. It seems a lot of expired domain names are being grabbed up for future speculation. Adfterall there are only so many words that can have a .com after it so all are valuable to some degree.

paradox, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  7. mhdoc

mhdoc Tauren

Best Answers:
    At Enom, where I have most of my domains, a name that expires continues to show as renewable for another 30 days or so. During that time the site, if hosted, is down, but the name can be re-activated for the normal annual fee. After that point it goes into some sort of area where it can be re-instated but they want $200 for doing it. I don't know the rules or timing after that point.

mhdoc, Oct 4, 2004 IP
  8. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies...

melfan, Oct 4, 2004 IP