1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Closed account / re-open new email

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by UndiesHosting, Jul 25, 2005.

Twice now I have had google ad sense accounts closed down, both for the invalid click emails. Neither site was a huge revenue generator via adsense.

The first time was just an experiment to see how easy it was to get them running, and the 2nd was for my record label business that generates most revenue via B&M and direct web sales, not adsense.

I am wondering what steps I need to take when I create new ad sense accounts to keep from raising flags or connecting the shut down accounts with the new ones. Do I need to register them under a different name all together (business rather than individual) , do I need a new mailing address? Will none of this help because the traffic will mostly come from the same IP address?

I figure that this forum is probably the best place to ask these questions.

uh

UndiesHosting, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    You need to form an independant entity. What that entity is depends on your country but generically its a new company.

Most likely you were shut down the second time because upon review they figured out you were previously banned.

yfs1, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  3. alang

alang Notable Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by the "invalid clicks email"? You received a letter from google saying that they ban your account because they suspect there is an invalid clicks in your website? You must be lucky to get it back for the second time, but not sure if you will be lucky or not this time.

alang, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    "Will none of this help because the traffic will mostly come from the same IP address"

There's your problem - E-mail Google about it. I imagine if most of my traffic came from LOCAL visitors to MY area HULL (Kingston Communication: @kcom.com is the only provider of ADSL in my area), I'm sure Google would suspend my account too.

I can't advertise my site locally OFFLINE for these fears of mine. They would suspect it's me I'm sure.

I'd say INFORM Google that the traffic mostly comes from the same IP/ISP addresses/whatever and see what they come back with.

Pete

GADOOD, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  5. UndiesHosting

UndiesHosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    No I am referring to the ads being SERVED from the same IP. As in:

old-domain1.com = ip xx.xx.xx.xx
    old-domain2.com = the same ip

I don't know where the people clicking come from's IP are. But he hosted sites would share the same IP

6. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    Out of Curiousity: Did google shut you down when you reapplied? shortly thereafter? Or when it was time for payment?

david_sakh, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  7. UndiesHosting

UndiesHosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    If my memory serves me it was at the time of payment. Basically letting them earn money on the clicks, then when it hit $100 they shut it down.

8. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    that's what I suspected. Sometimes I wonder if google is only conspicuously interested in the interests of advertisers. If they took these clicks remotely seriously one database query would make it clear to most former offenders that they are indeed not allowed in, and would save Adwords clients money.

but Google gets $100 here and there....and there.....and there....

(sigh) I'd wait for YPN. Maybe they will be more fair to the little guy, and their advertier clients, assuming you didn't cheat.

david_sakh, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  9. willmullis

willmullis Peon

Best Answers:
    What would you do if you were Google? They have some guy who got banned once decide that he was smarter than the folks at G and thought he could sneak in by creating a new account. Instead of calling him out on it they took him for a ride and strung him along just enough and then pulled the plug. I bet that is a form of entertainment over at the plex.

willmullis, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  10. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    LOL, nice one google :)

Tho I doubt it, the compy that checks for fraud does it mid-month on last months earnings (from what I read on WMW) and then a human checks it, so any nastys will be actioned upon in the 2nd half of the month after. Which is why it seems G shut you down just as you are about to earn.

If I am wrong tho, shows G have a sence of humour :p

Critters, Jul 25, 2005 IP
  11. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    They actually randomly check new (ish) accounts to make sure that they don't have an association with a banned account.
    I know people who made the mistake in the early days of clicking on their own ads - I wasn't one of them, I was too stupid at the time and thought that adsense would never make anyone any money (DOH !!) - they then re-registered in their wife's name and hey presto got banned. Funnily enough, one of them got an email about invalid clicks - odd since there hadn't even been a single click. IMHO they got banned second time around because you're only allowed 1 account per household.
    How often they actually check these newer accounts is anyones guess, but since it's a database it's not exactly difficult to check addresses and names.
    Having an account in a different companies name is a different kettle of fish - each company is it's own legal entity, unlike husband and wife (which are only sort of different entities).
    The thing to remember is that Google doesn't make money (officially) on accounts that get banned. Once banned, money earned from clicks are refuneded (supposedly) to the advertiser - I don't know if this actually happens thought I'd imagine it does. Google does make money on banned accounts though, I'll bet my last $ that they don't refund interest they've earned by having the advertisers money in their account until the culprit got banned - which could be a reason why they wait months beofre banning some poeople, often waiting until the reach the magic $100. It could also be that the $100 barrier triggers the database checks of name, address etc etc.

jlawrence, Jul 25, 2005 IP