1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Close to giving up - need advice

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by mattr2110, Oct 4, 2006.

1. nita_nitd

nita_nitd Active Member

Best Answers:
    True… we all need to have the patience & it applies to all part of life.. “Don’t make a wrong decision of losing battle before the right time of triumph comes”

Always remember one thing – “There is nothing called failure, all are setbacks” – Believe me if u can esteem this line for yourself then your look to every aspect of life ll change.

About choosing a topic – do whatever u like, the subject may be old, may not be money yielding but if it excites you then go for it. You can change all the old thoughts and believes if you have the right attitude.

nita_nitd, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  2. SedNaX

SedNaX Active Member

Best Answers:
    i give you a tip:

on a content page, place the ad block on the bottom of the page between the detailed info (author etc) and the content itself :) i think ctr will be a lot higher this way ;)

SedNaX, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  3. alemcherry

alemcherry Guest

Best Answers:
    You have a good site :)
    I feel your ad placement is just not good. Get the ads to your content area. More like the places where you have gotomypc cj ads. And the places like, between the title and content or within the content itself(post the code in content itself ??)

You must be able to get atlest 4% CTR on these kind of sites. If its not happening - just understand that your placement is not good.

alemcherry, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  4. Carlito

Carlito Peon

Best Answers:
    I think your problem is the topic. People that find your site are looking for a script to do a specific thing. I can imagine that most people's eyeballs move down the page to the code part, copy, paste and leave. I'd highly recommend moving the ads up above the code.

If you have a few scripts that get alot of traffic, I would promote some affiliate programs for software or tools that solve the specific problem that script relates to.

Carlito, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  5. sixfigureblogger

sixfigureblogger Banned

Best Answers:
    Where are your adsense ads?

The first problem is you target audience. I hate to burst your bubble but from my expericence the tech savvy crowd is the last place you want to make a site for. You are best off to make sites geared towards computer illiterate people...perhaps dumb secretaries at work? What kind of sites do dumb people like? Just an idea....

But don't give up... I'm only on my sixth month of putting a full time effort into adsense, and lately things have been going crazy! I've already made over $50 today and it is just now 6pm.... and all of my adsense sites were started from scratch... but they aren't MFA sites, they are all blogs and I spent 12 hours a day or so for 7 days a week when I first started off.

I would try different niches- if it doesn't take off, try something else. Repeat process until you have a bunch of sites that work.

sixfigureblogger, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  6. mattr2110

mattr2110 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I cann't find the WordTracker free tool? Can you give a url?

mattr2110, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. macoracle

macoracle Peon

Best Answers:
    Hint: get 10 more sites doing the same thing and then 100 and do the math. Thats $1200 baby. Daily

macoracle, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  8. macoracle

macoracle Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to go to wordtracker.com and sign up for the free trial

macoracle, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  9. pjk

pjk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    7 months and $40? You should promote your site more, get more traffic. I know you and I exchanged links. Find script forums, join them, and put a link in your sig, and refer to your site often. 120 a day isn't bad, but with double that, I'd bet you can make at least $1 a day, to pay hosting and whatnot. Good luck.
    Patrick

pjk, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  10. curtm

curtm Peon

Best Answers:
    if it was easy, we'd all be rich

curtm, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  11. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, focus on traffic.
    All the ad blending and re-arranging is not going to do anything until you get some traffic. 120 uniques a day is not enough to be worried about what kind of ad blocks or blending you are doing.

Unless of course you just remove the ads in hopes of creating a return audience. Just work on building traffic. Once that is done you can worry about the other stuff.

aeiouy, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  12. scuba

scuba Active Member

Best Answers:
    yeah, you need to focus more on traffic. you're niche isn't the best idea either, like people have mentioned. i just put my site up 3 days ago and have had 536 unique visitors since then (so about 179/day). if i can do that, i know you can. it's not easy, but keep plugging away. lord knows i'm far from where i would like to be! ;)

scuba, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  13. svtmook

svtmook Peon

Best Answers:
    i'm definitely going to further research KEI

svtmook, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  14. DarkBrothers

DarkBrothers Active Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed, adsense is not the most efficient money maker for those who know better ;)

DarkBrothers, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  15. vnviews

vnviews Peon

Best Answers:
    Same here. But my site can't compare with yours, your site looks more better. But some guys tell me that webmasters are blind in ads. This is your difficulty.
    Good luck and be patient.

vnviews, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  16. Free Stuff

Free Stuff Banned

Best Answers:
    You can always give up but what are you going to achieve with that?

Free Stuff, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  17. andrewshim

andrewshim Peon

Best Answers:
    I kinda agree that with these types of sites, visitors will basically quickly scan through what they need, copy, paste and they're gone.

Perhaps you could come up with more "study" kind of content, where folks have to linger longer on a page. More chances of them clicking on an ad.

andrewshim, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  18. mattr2110

mattr2110 Active Member

Best Answers:
    536 unique in 3 days how?

mattr2110, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  19. pjk

pjk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    536 could come from 1 hour of spamming. Not that it is what he did, but I guarantee if you really wanted visitors, spamming would do it, although for one, it is illegal, for two, it gives you a bad reputation, and three, the visitors just look and leave. It is tough to say what it may be. Targetting traffic is the key. 40 really interested visitors are better than 150 non-interested just browsing visitors.

pjk, Oct 6, 2006 IP