1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Close to giving up - need advice

Discussion in 'Placement / Reviews / Examples' started by mattr2110, Oct 4, 2006.

My site www.scriptmob.com is 7 months old and I have only made $40. I have worked alot on my site, I add new content almost everyday. I get about 120 uvisitors a day but adsense clicks are way down. I have tried moving ads making them blend in and stand out doesn't seem to matter. I need advice because I'm close to giving up.

mattr2110, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  2. anversli

anversli Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey mattr2110 never give up man, try other adformats like 336x280 and replace them to another place like next your text.

And get some more traffic its just an exampla I'm making $12 daily with 400 visitors. You need to replace your ads and play with them untill you earn more.

anversli, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  3. Any

Any Peon

Best Answers:
    Try making putting banner ads instead of the towers you have on the right side (towers seem to get generally less clicks). Another thing is you need to pump up your traffic somehow. Submit to some directories but best would be if you get listed on other sites that deal with scripts and script reviews. Also offer reciprocal links not only that people list you.

And last thing but I think it might be just me... somehow your design reminds me of these domain placeholder sites (parked domains) that try to trick you into clicking somewhere. Just personal feeling...
    But I wouldn't give up in your place... it took me 5 months until I started making more than 2$ a month so... try to get linked on sites that will drive traffic to you. Once you manage that it'll propagate easier further on. Good luck

Any, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  4. mattr2110

mattr2110 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I just changed design I thought it was easy on the eyes, hope that is not part of my problem (the design).

5. bacanze

bacanze Peon

Best Answers:
    If the website isnt going well & you have put lots of effort into it, I suggest publishing another high searched for keyword that you can rank high for, then when you get lots of traffic, apply your new knowledge to the old website.

bacanze, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  6. MattUK

MattUK Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try ditching adsense and become an affiliate for related products. My sites that sell products instead of AdSense make much more. I'm considering getting rid of it altogether.

MattUK, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  7. khasmoth

khasmoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you're problem is SEO. Try to get into SERP to gain more quality traffic.
    I also think you have a poor placement of your ads. Just my 2cents.

khasmoth, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  8. guru-seo

guru-seo Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not give up. You have a nice site that has potential. Keep adding content and try to improve user stickiness. Maybe add forum to the site so you can have more repeat visitors.

guru-seo, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  9. letsmakeamillion

letsmakeamillion Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the problem is the topic of the site. No one cares about computer scripts, no one is passionate about computer scripts.

You need to move on and start a new site on a totally different topic and leave this one alone!

You are holding onto something that has not performed and is wasting your time. Don't beat a dead horse. Move on and start some new sites.

However as a last ditch effort to salvage this site, I would recommend placing the vertical skyscraper on the LEFT column in place of the 'script categories' and 'free newsletter' boxes.. I can almost guarantee you that this will improve your revenue...

lastly, while you say you update your site every day I notice that your posts are very short, and dry reading..... again, where is the passion or the personality? Posts need to be much much longer and have move life in them... but again this goes back to my original point that the niche topic of this site is a dead horse... you are better off doing a site on different topic like playstation games or something

letsmakeamillion, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  10. alm3alm

alm3alm Peon

Best Answers:
    mattr listen to me i will be honest with u with 120 visitors per day dont think u can make good money iam not that expert but let me tell u a short part of my story i used adsense since 2005 and i dont care about because i using other programs but it wasn't good too since 2005 : 8-2006 i made something like 108$ or 118$ in something like 20 months and in 14th of sep i take it more serious and i can tell u i made in last 17 days in sep something like 1.8k more than 10 times like what i made in last 20 months and this month i dont make it as good as sep. but i try hard to understand more to change my ads from time to time to make some pooring work to make it up so if u need to gain money from adsense you have to work hard and the top secreat of adsense is traffic the mosty important point i know if anyone of exepert ppl here control my web site he can make something like 10k or 20k per month but as i told u have to work man if u plan to gain money from adsanse

alm3alm, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  11. vichousefc

vichousefc Peon

Best Answers:
    Never give up...!

I spent at least 2 years, making very little and just reading and reading. Then one day something clicked and it all started coming together. I dont make loads but I make a nice amount.

I agree with MattUK comments, I think people looking for scripts will be already "adsense" prepared and maybe ignore the ads, but they make be more interested in more related products if you had banners or different graphics to display the ads.

vichousefc, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  12. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    You'll do well to replace you 468x60 ad units with 336x280 ad units.

Also, use Google to find web forums related to each of those scripting languages and do some signature advertising there by answering some scripting questions.

Your home page only shows PR2. You need more inbound links. You can get to PR4 just by doing about four hours of directory submissions.

And always remember the words of Winston Churchill, "Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense."

Will.Spencer, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  13. mattr2110

mattr2110 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have submitted to directories and have several link exhanges, so I don't know what else to do to get inbound links. The PR prediction tools show I should get a pr5 but I got no update last time around.

14. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont worry just keep the site up. My site has been up for about an year and i have only made 55 dollars, but i kept updating it and now i started getting 25$-40$ a day. Just keep on updating and exchange links with other sites. Plus try blocking MFA sites. They will help you increase your payment by alot.

- Prilep :)

Edit: Here is the link to a topic that will help you out with MFA sites.
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=146284

- Prilep :)

prilep, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  15. stackman

stackman Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with some of the other posters - a site intended for technical people is going to have a very rough time. Tech visitors don't click ads. To make up for this deficiency and to take advantage of the low CTR, you would have to get much more traffic than you're getting. I would say don't waste your time moving ads around and changing ad formats -- you need traffic and that's where you should be spending your time.

stackman, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  16. Pinvader

Pinvader Guest

Best Answers:
    Try to blend the ads in your article. That will help. 120 u visotor is not enough. You need more.

Pinvader

Pinvader, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  17. mubin

mubin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, as everyone is saying try blending. But definatly will need to get more users going to the page, try to add a send this page to a friend box so people than can at least fwd your site on. But you will definatly need more people coming in so that you can start earning some money.

mubin, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  18. kedaar

kedaar Peon

Best Answers:
  19. RNB80190610

RNB80190610 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have read all the advice so far and I must say you have alot of options open to you.

Let me share my personal story with you

i am 25 years old I am from Jamaica.

I have a fulltime job and work on my websites during the late nights and early mornings.

my very first site I started in March 2006 its called 52pokercards.com. The inspiration was pixel ads which was the crazy at the time and I launched it on the heels of the milliondollarhomepage.com

The idea was to sell poker pixel ads on virtual cards and sell them for $52 for 52 weeks. I had two decks of 52 cards times $52.

I only sold one card and it was purchased by a friend who owned a poker news site. I was discouraged and gave up. The site is still hosted on go daddy but I don't think I visited it in months now. Today its littered with affiliates I hope to make money from. To date nothing. I GAVE UP.

I moved on to start a forum, so I started bingoforums.org. This is simpley a site that caters to people who want to talk about bingo. I joined affiliates and check my account first thing I come home each day. I see that I get a few clicks but nothing. Today I have private advertiser who is made at least this effort worth while for right now.

I just stated an article directory taking on adsense so far the results have been less than great.

I don't know if this makes any sense to you or if it can open your eyes to anything but I hope it does. There is an old chinese saying that "just as you are about to give up you were right at the brink of seeing the light" well something like that. I don't remember.

Good luck

RNB80190610, Oct 4, 2006 IP
    nita_nitd likes this.
  20. anversli

anversli Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those Chinese guys have always something to say, but its a nice one.

Keep working, keep working and working hard.

anversli, Oct 4, 2006 IP