1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bug Cloaked URLs are not tracked

Discussion in 'Better Analytics' started by birshakur, Apr 21, 2016.

Hi, I'm using Better Analytics in combination with Thirsty Affiliates plugin. For some reason, I don't see click events done with cloacked urls in Google Analytics. Even if I create goals with uncloaked urls, GA still doesn't track those links.

I also have standard links (uncloaked) on other pages and there it's tracked normally.

Any suggestion how to fix it?

Thx,
    Vlad

birshakur, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you have an example of a URL that has the URLs that aren't being tracked?

One thing I can think of is if you have a mechanism that is taking over the "onclick" JavaScript event for the link. That basically would "erase" the function that Better Analytics uses to track the click.

digitalpoint, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  3. veryshant123

veryshant123 Member

Best Answers:
    Setup ga to track events too just goal wont do. https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/eventTrackerGuide#intro also use a 3rd party analytics tools like gostats to double check the results

veryshant123, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Do you have a URL I could look at where there is a link that isn't being tracked?

digitalpoint, Apr 30, 2016 IP