1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Client rejects design

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by DFischer, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Dee2007

Dee2007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always ask for a 50% deposit upfront, before I start working I always spend time really getting to know the client, I find out upfront what they like and what they don't like, if they have any ideas for their site, what colours they like and don't like, who their target audience is etc etc. This way I have a good starting point, I then do the client a mock up or 2, (if they want something tweaked or changed I will do so). Once they have confirmed they are happy for me to proceed, I will then carry on working.

I have it written into my contract that should the client change their mind after giving me approval to proceed, I have the right to bill for work already undertaken. You have to cover yourself, as you could end up seriously out of pocket. I have yet to have a client who hasn't been 100% satisfied, so this way has always worked for me and my clients :)

Dee

Dee2007, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  2. ctyler

ctyler Guest

Best Answers:
    I never design a web site until the layout is agreed upon. Typicaly I will design something quick in InDesign or photoshop and export as a PDF to show to the client. This can be done very quickly and a client can agree to the basic layout - Colors and etc before one html tag is ever written! They can critique it all day long if they choose. This has always worked well for me. Most important of all you can EXTRACT from the client what they are really looking for before the serious work starts. I use the term EXTRACT because it can sometimes be like pulling teeth. ;)

ctyler, Sep 16, 2008 IP
  3. Black Thesis Designs

Black Thesis Designs Guest

Best Answers:
    wow....then from now on i should charge clients by hour?

Black Thesis Designs, Sep 16, 2008 IP