1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clicksettlement.com? Class Action?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Joobz, May 20, 2006.

1. Sara

Sara Guest

Best Answers:
    I received this explanation from google re the email:

Thank you for your email. On May 19, 2006 (PST) a notice was emailed from
    to the contact email address in your Google
    AdWords account. The email notification is legitimate and was authorized
    by Google.

All advertisers who purchased advertising on the Internet from Google at
    any time on or after January 1, 2002 received the notice. Our AdWords
    Support team is not able to provide you with legal advice relating to this
    class action suit addressed in the email notification. However, we do
    recommend that you carefully review the information in the email and at
    http://www.clicksettlement.com. Necessary information on the issue is
    contained in these resources.

If you have additional questions, please visit AdWords Support at
    https://adwords.google.com.au/support, where you'll find the answers to
    many of our frequently asked questions.

We look forward to providing you with the most effective advertising
    available.

Sara, May 22, 2006 IP
  2. SNap3

SNap3 Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh crap, when will they stop sueing google..

SNap3, May 22, 2006 IP
  3. axemedia

axemedia Guest

Best Answers:
    i got the email too.

It's not worth my while to join the claim. I've only spent less than $100 on adwords.

axemedia, May 22, 2006 IP
  4. Lpspider

Lpspider Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've got the email as well, but I haven't even used adwords...

Lpspider, May 22, 2006 IP
  5. teckie

teckie Peon

Best Answers:
    got the email too, and i only used it a few years back when it was pretty new and got a $20 voucher, weird that they are using spamming methods to promote their case.

teckie, May 22, 2006 IP
  6. TommyD

TommyD Peon

Best Answers:
    I this it is spam, using whois information.

I've seen in the past, lawyers would send out letters 'affecting your legal rights' for a class action lawsuit. The lawsuit wasn't yet real, and the lawyers seem to be dredging for clients, and the one with the most gets to sue first.

Gotta love the "right to sue" on the defendants dime. ;)

tom

TommyD, May 22, 2006 IP
  7. dz9

dz9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, in the PDF it says:

"You must certify in your claim form the percentage of your ads you believe were affected by click fraud."

I don't know how many of my clicks were affected by click fraud. A lot of advertisers won't know exactly how many of their ads were affected by click fraud, hence why it's called being defrauded. I thought the case was just to cover click fraud in general and would apply to everything you paid out since Jan 2002? But if for instance I say 10%, then I only get 10% of my eligibility?

Because above that it says:

"For example, if the amounts you paid to google for the affected ads were 1% of Google's revenues from online advertising, you would be eligible to receive 1% of the total available credits"

So if this is the case, google will pay out nowhere near 60 million to advertisers? First of all, a lot of advertisers won't fill out a claim. Then secondly, unless you claim 100% of your ads were affected by click fraud you won't eat up your portion and google keeps the rest?

So (just for example) say half of people file claims, so instantly the bucket goes to $30 million. Then from that point, say an advertiser claims 10% of ads affected on average, which would mean google only ends up paying out about 3 million of the 60 available?

I'm very confused on this whole thing now, sigh. Am I just supposed to claim 100% with a clear conscience or what?

dz9, May 22, 2006 IP
  8. NeoGen

NeoGen Writer

Best Answers:
    Same here, I have not shared this email id with anyone and got the mail on same.:confused:

Initially even I thought its a spam, but how some one can this particular email id, which I only use for google adword account and nowhere else..

NeoGen, May 22, 2006 IP
  9. accentnepal

accentnepal Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like another thread was blended with this - I know the "f--k off" message was at the top of the second page.

Looks like I can get 22 cents credit! Wow, I will surely reopen my account for that.

accentnepal, May 22, 2006 IP
  10. sindhuaanikkath

sindhuaanikkath Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    recentely I received an email which I am giving below. I dont k now what to do. Please help. Is this a spam?

==============<Email Start>===============
    From: "Clicksettlement" <clicksettlement@xmr3.com> Add to Address Book
    Subject: Important Legal Notice Regarding Your Google AdWords Account

This court-ordered notice may affect your legal rights. Please read it carefully. If you purchased online advertising from Google between January 1, 2002 and the present, you are a class member in a class-action lawsuit in the Circuit Court of Miller County, Arkansas. This notice is to inform you of the Court’s certification of a class; the nature of the claims alleged; your right to participate in, or exclude yourself from, the class; a proposed settlement; and how you can claim an award of advertising credits under the settlement. Please read the attached notice.

You can get more information at: www.clicksettlement.com.

Please do not reply to this message

Esta notificação de ordem judicial pode afetar seus direitos legais. Por favor, leia com atenção. Se tiver adquirido anúncios on-line da Google entre 1 de janeiro de 2002 e a data de hoje, você faz parte de uma ação judicial coletiva na Comarca de Miller County, Arkansas. Esta notificação tem como objetivo informá-lo sobre o recurso judicial da ação coletiva; a natureza do processo judicial; o seu direito de participar ou não; a ação coletiva, o acordo proposto, e como solicitar indenização em créditos para anúncio através de um acordo. Para solicitar uma cópia da notificação em anexo em português, favor enviar um email para: clicksettlementpo@enotice.info

Toto soudem nařízené oznámení může ovlivnit vaše zákonná práva. Prosím přečtěte si je pozorně. Pokud jste zakoupili reklamu on-line od Google mezi 1. lednem 2002 a současností, jste členem skupiny ve skupinovém soudním sporu u obvodového soudu okresu Miller County ve státě Arkansas. Toto oznámení vás informuje o soudním potvrzení skupiny; o charakteru údajných škod; o vašem právu se zúčastnit nebo se vyloučit ze skupiny; o navrhovaném vypořádání; a jak můžete vznést nárok na odměnu ve formě dobropisu na reklamu v rámci vypořádání. Pro vyžádání kopie přiloženého oznámení v češtině zašlete prosím e-mail na adresu: clicksettlementcz@enotice.info.

Deze van gerechtswege verstrekte bekendmaking kan implicaties hebben voor uw wettelijke rechten. Verzoeke hem aandachtig te lezen. Als u in de periode van 1 januari 2002 tot op heden online-advertenties van Google hebt gekocht, bent u ‘class member’ in een ‘class action’ geding dat in het Circuit Court van Miller County, Arkansas (VS) aanhangig is gemaakt. Deze bekendmaking dient om u op de hoogte te stellen van de certificatie van een ‘class’; van de aard van de aantijgingen; van uw recht tot deelname aan, of uitsluiting van, de ‘class’; van een voorgestelde schikking alsmede van de wijze waarop u aanspraak kunt maken op vergoeding van advertentiekosten binnen het kader van de schikking. Stuur voor een Nederlandstalig exemplaar van de geappendeerde bekendmaking een E-mail aan het volgende adres: clicksettlementdu@enotice.info.

Tällä tuomioistuimen määräämällä ilmoituksella on mahdollisesti vaikutusta laillisiin oikeuksiinne. Lukekaa se huolellisesti. Mikäli olette ostanut Googlelta Internet-mainoksia alkaen tammikuun 1 päivästä 2002 nykyhetkeen saakka, olette ryhmän jäsen ryhmäkanteessa, joka on jätetty Miller Countyn piirituomioistuimelle Arkansasissa. Tämän ilmoituksen tarkoituksena on tiedottaa teille, että tuomioistuin on vahvistanut ryhmän olemassaolon, väitettyjen vaateiden luonteen, teidän oikeutenne osallistua ryhmään tai olla osallistumatta siihen, ehdotetun sovintosopimuksen sekä menettelyn, jonka avulla voitte vaatia mainoshyvitysten myöntämistä sopimuksen nojalla. Saadaksenne kopion oheisesta ilmoituksesta suomen kielellä, olkaa hyvä ja lähettäkää sähköpostiviesti osoitteella clicksettlementfi@enotice.info.

La présente notification mandatée par les tribunaux peut affecter vos droits en vertu de la loi. Veuillez la lire attentivement. Si vous avez payé pour faire de la publicité en ligne en utilisant Google entre le 1er janvier 2002 et la date d'aujourd'hui, vous êtes automatiquement membre d'un groupe faisant un recours collectif en justice au tribunal d'instance du comté de Miller, en Arkansas. La présente notification a pour objet de vous informer de la reconnaissance par le tribunal de l'action en justice susmentionnée comme recours collectif ; de la nature des plaintes alléguées ; de votre droit de participer ou de refuser de participer au recours collectif ; d'une offre de règlement à l'amiable ; et de la façon dont vous pouvez revendiquer des crédits à valoir sur de la publicité en application dudit règlement. Pour demander à recevoir un exemplaire de la notification jointe en langue française, veuillez envoyer un courriel à cette adresse : clicksettlementfr@enotice.info.

Diese gerichtlich angeordnete Mitteilung kann Ihre Rechte als Käufer berühren. Bitte sorgfältig durchlesen. Wenn Sie in der Zeit vom 1. Januar 2002 bis heute Online-Werbung von Google gekauft haben, sind Sie Partei einer beim Circuit Court of Miller County (US-Gericht), im US-Bundesstaat Arkansas anhängig gemachten Sammelklage. Mit dieser Mitteilung werden Sie von der Entscheidung des Gerichts bezüglich der Annahme einer Klägergruppe im Sinne einer Sammelklage, über die Art der geltend gemachten Ansprüche, über Ihr Recht, der Sammelklage als Partei beizutreten bzw. auf einen Beitritt zu verzichten, über Vergleichsangebote zur Beilegung des Rechtsstreits und über die Art und Weise, wie Sie auf Grund eines Vergleichs gerichtlich zuerkannte Werbegutschriften beanspruchen können. Ein Exemplar der deutschen Version der beigefügten Mitteilung können Sie per Email unter folgender Adresse anfordern: clicksettlementge@enotice.info.

הודעה זו נשלחה על פי צו של בית המשפט ועשויה להיות לה השפעה על זכויותיך המשפטיות. נא לקרוא אותה בקפידה. אם רכשת פרסום מקוון מחברת Google מיום 1 בינואר 2002 ועד לתאריך הנוכחי, הנך משתייך לקבוצת התובעים בתובענה ייצוגית שהוגשה לבית המשפט האזורי במחוז Miller במדינת ארקנסו. הודעה זו נשלחה על מנת להביא לידיעתך את אישור קבוצת התובעים על ידי בית המשפט; את טבען של התביעות הנטענות; את זכותך להיכלל בקבוצת התובעים או להוציא את עצמך מקבוצת התובעים; את הסדר הפשרה המוצע; וכיצד באפשרותך לתבוע מענק של נקודות זיכוי לפרסום במסגרת הסדר הפשרה. כדי לפנות בבקשה לקבלת עותק של ההודעה המצורפת בעברית, נא לשלוח דוא"ל אל הכתובת: clicksettlementhe@enotice.info.

A bírósági végzés alapján kiadott jelen közlemény érintheti a törvényes jogaikat, ezért olvassák el gondosan. Amennyiben 2002. január 1-től kezdve mostanáig bármikor online hirdetést vásároltak a Google cégtől, akkor részesei az Arkansas állambeli Miller County bíróságán benyújtott csoportos keresetnek. A közlemény a következőkről ad tájékoztatást: a bíróság tanúsítja a csoport meglétét; ismerteti a kárigényt; a csoporthoz való tartozás és az abból való kimaradás jogát; a javasolt rendezést; valamint azt, hogy annak alapján hogyan lehet hirdetési keretigényt benyújtani. A csatolt közlemény magyar nyelvű változatát a clicksettlementhu@enotice.info címre írt elektronikus levélben lehet igényelni.

Questa notifica ordinata dal tribunale può influire sui suoi diritti legali. È pregato di leggerla attentamente. Se lei ha acquistato pubblicità in linea da Google nel perioda dal primo gennaio 2002 ad oggi, lei può far parte di una azione legale collettiva intentata presso la corte di circuito della contea di Miller, Arkansas. Con questa notifica lei viene informato della certificazione legale di azione collettiva; della natura delle rivendicazioni asserite; del suo diritto di parteciparvi o di esservi escluso; della composizione proposta e del modo in cui può rivendicare un risarcimento per crediti pubblicitari ai sensi della composizione stessa. Per richiedere una copia della notifica allegata in italiano, è pregato di inviare una e-mail a questo indirizzo: clicksettlementit@enotice.info.

裁判所命令による本通知は、皆様の法的権利に関係する可能性がありますので、必ずお読みください。2002年1月1日から現在までの間に、グーグル社より提供されたオンライン広告をご利用いただいた方は、アーカンサス州ミラー郡巡回裁判所における集団訴訟の原告団の一員となります。本通知は、同裁判所の原告団認定、申し立て請求の性質、原告団参加上の権利または参加しない権利、原告団、和解案、ならびに和解契約に基く広告料の控除の請求方法などについて通知するものです。

添付した通知の日本語版が必要な方は、次のアドレスまで電子メールをお送りください。clicksettlementja@enotice.info

본 법원 /749;/161; 고지는 귀하의 법적 권/532;에 영향을 미칠 수 있습니다. 본 고지/484; 세심히 읽으시기 바랍니다. 2002년 1월 1일에서 현재 사이에 Google/196;부터 온라인 광고/484; 구/588;하신 경우, 귀하는 아칸소주 밀/084; 카운티 고등법원에 계/448;된 집단 소송의 일원이 됩니다. 본 고지는, 법원의 집단 증/749;, 주장 청구권의 성격, 귀하의 집단 소송 참여 또는 제외 권/532;, 제안 타협안, 타협안에 따라 광고 크/112;딧의 제공을 청구하는 방법 등을 귀하에게 알/140;드/532;기 위한 것입니다. 유첨 고지서의 한국어 본을 원하시/732;, 다음 주소/196; 이/700;일을 보내십시오: clicksettlementko@enotice.info.

Denne rettslige kunngjøringen er utferdiget i henhold til domsbeslutning og kan påvirke dine juridiske rettigheter. Les nøye gjennom den. Hvis du har kjøpt nettannonse eller -reklame fra Google mellom 1. januar 2002 og dagens dato, inngår du som medlem av et gruppesøksmål i Circuit Court of Miller County, Arkansas (USA). Denne kunngjøringen informerer deg om rettens sertifisering av en gruppe, de påståtte kravenes natur, retten din til å være med i eller stå utenfor gruppen, et forliksforslag samt hvordan du kan melde deg for å få annonseringskredit i henhold til forliket. Hvis du ønsker et eksemplar av vedlagte kunngjøring på norsk, skal du sende en e-post til følgende adresse: clicksettlementno@enotice.info.

Niniejsze, wydane nakazem sądowym zawiadomienie może mieć wpływ na przysługujące Ci prawa. Przeczytaj je uważnie. Jeżeli w okresie od 1 stycznia 2002 do chwili obecnej zakupiłeś od firmy Google reklamę internetową, kwalifikujesz się jako uczestnik grupy, w imieniu której wytaczany jest tej firmie pozew grupowy przed Sądem Obwodowym Powiatu Miller w stanie Arkansas. Celem tego zawiadomienia jest poinformowanie Ciebie o zatwierdzeniu przez Sąd grupy pozywającej, o charakterze roszczeń, o Twoim prawie do uczestniczenia w grupie lub wykluczenia się z niej, o proponowanym porozumieniu polubownym oraz o tym, jak należy zgłaszać się o przyznanie kredytów reklamowych przewidzianych w porozumieniu. Po egzemplarz zawiadomienia w języku polskim należy zwrócić się pocztą elektroniczną na adres: clicksettlementpl@enotice.info .

Настоящее уведомление по постановлению суда может иметь отношение к вашим законным правам, поэтому просим внимательно прочитать его. Если вы приобретали рекламу в режиме онлайн у компании Google в период с 1 января 2002 года по настоящее время, вы являетесь соистцом в рамках группового иска, возбужденного в Окружном суде графства Миллер (штат Арканзас). Настоящим вы ставитесь в известность об аттестации группового иска судом; о характере выдвигаемых требований; о вашем праве участия в иске или выхода из состава соистцов; о предлагаемом урегулировании, а также о порядке осуществления притязаний на присуждение зачитываемых рекламных очков в рамках урегулирования. Заказать экземпляр прилагаемого уведомления на русском языке можно по электронной почте по адресу: clicksettlementru@enotice.info.

本法院命令的通知可能会影响您的法定权利。请仔细阅读。如果您曾于2002年1月1日至目前向Google购买网上广告,您是在阿肯色州美来县(Miller County)巡回法院提出的集体诉讼之成员。本通知的目的是通知您本院确认该集体诉讼;提出诉讼之性质;您参加,或拒绝参加集体诉讼的权利;和解建议;及您如何可在和解中索取广告信用。如需索取本通知的简体中文译本,请发电子邮件至﹕clicksettlementch@enotice.info。

Este aviso ordenado por el tribunal puede afectar sus derechos legales. Sírvase leerlo detenidamente. Si usted compró publicidad en línea a Google entre el 1º de enero de 2002 y el presente, usted es miembro de una clase en una demanda judicial de acción colectiva interpuesta en el Tribunal de Primera Instancia del Condado Miller, Arkansas. Este aviso es para informarle sobre la certificación de la clase que efectuó el Tribunal; la naturaleza de las demandas argumentadas; su derecho a participar o no participar en la clase; un acuerdo extra-judicial propuesto; y cómo usted puede reclamar se le adjudiquen créditos para publicidad en virtud del acuerdo extra-judicial. Para solicitar una copia del aviso adjunto en español, envíe un correo electrónico a esta dirección: clicksettlementsp@enotice.info.

Detta rättsliga meddelande är utfärdat enligt domstolsbeslut och kan påverka dina juridiska rättigheter. Meddelandet ska läsas noggrant. Om du köpte online-annons av Google mellan 1 januari 2002 och dagens datum innebär det att du är medlem i en grupptalan vars stämningsansökning har inlämnats i Circuit Court of Miller County, Arkansas (USA). Meddelandet är avsett att underrätta dig om domstolens certifiering av grupp, anspråkens beskaffenhet, din rättighet att gå med i eller gå ur gruppen, förlikningsförslag, samt hur man anmäler sig för att få annonseringskredit enligt förlikningen. För att erhålla ett exemplar av det bifogade rättsliga meddelandet på svenska, var god skicka ett e-postmeddelande till följande adress: clicksettlementsw@enotice.info.

本法院命令的通知可能會影響您的法定權利。請仔細閱讀。如果您曾於2002年1月1日至目前向Google購買網上廣告,您是在阿肯色州美來縣(Miller County)巡迴法院提出的集體訴訟之成員。本通知的目的是通知您本院確認該集體訴訟;提出訴訟之性質;您參加,或拒絕參加集體訴訟的權利;和解建議;及您如何可在和解中索取廣告信用。如需索取本通知的繁體中文譯本,請發電子郵件至﹕clicksettlementct@enotice.info。

Mahkeme tarafından çıkarılan bu bildirim yasal haklarınızı etkileyebilir. Lütfen dikkatle okuyun. 1 Ocak 2002 tarihinden bugüne kadar geçen süre içinde Google’den online reklam satın aldıysanız ABD’nin Arkansas Eyaleti’nin Miller İlçesi Bölge Mahkemesi’nde açılan bir toplu davaya davacı olarak katılmaktasınız. Bu bildirim size Mahkeme’nin bu dava grubunu kabulü, dava dilekçesinin içeriği, sizin bu davaya katılma veya bu davanın dışında kalma hakkınız, dava grubu, teklif edilen anlaşma ve yapılan anlaşma sonucu alacağınız reklam kredilerini nasıl alacağınız konusunda bilgiler sunulmaktadır. Ekteki bildirimin Türkçe bir nüshasını istiyorsanız lütfen clicksettlementtu@enotice.info adresine e-posta gönderin.

This court-ordered notice may affect your legal rights. Please read it carefully. If you purchased online advertising from Google between January 1, 2002 and the present, you are a class member in a class-action lawsuit in the Circuit Court of Miller County, Arkansas. This notice is to inform you of the Court’s certification of a class; the nature of the claims alleged; your right to participate in, or exclude yourself from, the class; a proposed settlement; and how you can claim an award of advertising credits under the settlement. To request a copy of the attached notice in English, please send an email to this address: clicksettlementuk@enotice.info.

Denne retskendelse påvirker muligvis dine juridiske rettigheder. Læs den grundigt igennem. Hvis du købte online-reklamer fra Google mellem d. 1. januar 2002 og i dag, er du medlem af et kollektivt søgsmål ved distriktsdomstolen i Miller County, Arkansas i USA. Denne meddelelse har til formål at informere dig om rettens certificering af en klasse; arten af de påstande der gøres gældende; din ret til deltagelse i eller udelukkelse fra klassen; en foreslået retsforlig; og hvorledes du ifølge retsforliget kan gøre krav på erstatning i form af reklametilgodehavender. Få en dansk version af den vedhæftede kendelse tilsendt ved at e-maile denne adresse: clicksettlementda@enotice.info.

with this there is an attached PDF file.

==============<Email End>===============

with this there is an attached PDF file.

sindhuaanikkath, May 22, 2006 IP
  11. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  12. naqiboy

naqiboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ii got the same email on two of my accounts. i think its spam

naqiboy, May 23, 2006 IP
  13. dougadam

dougadam Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is interesting?

dougadam, May 23, 2006 IP
  14. Fahd

Fahd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, this is legitimate!

Fahd, May 23, 2006 IP
  15. dageek

dageek Guest

Best Answers:
    Well i guess it should have been clearer, I assumed it was spam too.

I personally am not interested in joining in the class action.
    Its not enough money to want to recover, I guess other people will feel differently.

Neil

dageek, May 23, 2006 IP
  16. TheSyndicate

TheSyndicate Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    The new is the email i got an letter from western union last year beucase i had use them. Same thing do not reply if you want to be in. I can not say if its spam or not. If its spam they only spam to the email i applied to and i also think they only write to people from a date and also only people told google about fraud.

TheSyndicate, May 23, 2006 IP
  17. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    This was in my email inbox today:

This court-ordered notice may affect your legal rights. Please read it carefully. If you purchased online advertising from Google between January 1, 2002 and the present, you are a class member in a class-action lawsuit in the Circuit Court of Miller County, Arkansas. This notice is to inform you of the Court’s certification of a class; the nature of the claims alleged; your right to participate in, or exclude yourself from, the class; a proposed settlement; and how you can claim an award of advertising credits under the settlement. Please read the attached notice.
    ----------------------------------

Along with the attached notice:

Click--PDF File--76KB

Is this true or a load of rubbish?

ZachG, May 23, 2006 IP
  18. runnerunner

runnerunner Active Member

Best Answers:
    garbage, throw it away

runnerunner, May 23, 2006 IP
  19. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    Ah, my mistake, I just found this in the "Legal Issues" forum. Sorry.

ZachG, May 23, 2006 IP
  20. ZachG

ZachG Peon

Best Answers:
    I just got this email...weird.

ZachG, May 23, 2006 IP