1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clicking on Adsense Ads in Websites

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Jiewux, Jun 28, 2016.

1. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Can we have a discussion without arguing? Just because someone has a difference of opinion doesn't mean you have to lose your shit. I am not accusing you of anything, I am simply making you consider something you might not have already.

I know what adsense is. It is a contextual advertising program that connects advertisers, content providers and potential customers. Emphasis on the words "potential customers".

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    dcristo, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Again you're refusing to look at it from the perspective of the poor advertiser that has to pay for that click and gets nothing out of it, that is unethical whichever way you choose to look at it.

malky66, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  3. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @dcristo The least thing I want is to loose sh*t, there were persons who lost their shit before me here.
    Yes, I agree with what you are saying, but Adsense is a platform not JUST for ads but for monetization also.

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  4. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @malky66 And you do not see that by clicking on the ad I am supporting a blogger! Who doesn't get any money.

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  5. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Why should there be a guarantee that you should be able to make money writing about topics you like? Like you said "sometimes life isn't fair". Adsense is not the only way to monetize a site. If the website owner was struggling to make money in a particular niche, they could consider a difference niche or different monetization methods. Do you realize Adsense is not the best way to monetize a site? In actual fact it's one of the worst.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    dcristo, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  6. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Wrong, YOU are not supporting anyone, you are making the advertiser support that blogger and that advertiser has no say in it.
    If you personally want to support someone send them a donation out of your own pocket.

malky66, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  7. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @dcristo but sometimes (and most times) they do just monetize with Adsense, It is their choice what to choose and what to use. I don't really care what the blog uses. It is not my business to tell them what to use :)

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  8. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @malky66 Well then advertiser should be more wise not to use Adsens as a way of advertising... :)

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  9. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Agreed. Monetization from "potential customers" who are clicking on ads. Not every visitor is going to be a potential customer.

Honestly, this sounds like you are angry that you don't make a lot of money from websites you own? Am I wrong about this?

dcristo, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  10. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You hit the nail on the head. It is their CHOICE to only monetize with Adsense. There are many choices you can make in life. Sometimes you make good choices, sometimes you don't, but the point is you have a choice. Should you feel sorry for people who make dumb choices? Not really. You learn the most from the mistakes you make.

dcristo, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  11. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @dcristo nah :D :D but it would be sad if I would depend just on my blog and Adsense in it :) I do not even share a link or a name of my blog here, so no, you are wrong sadly:) But it is fair for you to make that assumption. No I am not angry or sad :) I just wanted to share my way of support for other blogers out there and this became a huge mess.

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  12. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You've gone from being in a mad rage to using 5 smiling emojis in one post. It is good to know I have that effect on good looking girls :p

dcristo, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  13. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @dcristo Thanks, somehow you calmed me really ;) let's just not argue anymore. I will lastly say that I just want to help other fellow bloggers out there just a tiny bit and I think it is never a bad thing to help somebody in anyway you can. And I do not do it daily or something, just when I stumble upon something I really like and I don't see anything wrong with it and I really don't think anyone will go bankrupt because I clicked on and ad or two, but someone in the end of the day will go to bed with a smile maybe, because they get these 10 cents :D
    Thanks for the compliment btw ;)

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  14. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    At first I thought the OP is a guy. :p
    Although I specifically not click on ads since I know they are ads when I visit any site or blog. But there are times when I like something which I want to buy or some cool offer, I do click not because I want the site owner to earn but for my own use. :rolleyes:

Digital_shubhi, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  15. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Lol shutup. It is called style, Europeans are the best at it :p I chatted to her via PM she is a very nice girl.

dcristo, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  16. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey, nah... I'm not a guy :D :D I am very much a women ;)

Jiewux, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  17. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for making me laugh! Strike Three :D

Jiewux, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  18. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hahaha!!! :) If you lived local to me, I would want to wine and dine you.

dcristo, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  19. Agent000

Agent000 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    You are scamming those that pay for the adverts!!!! You need to be treated with contempt.
    If you click on adverts and the pattern of behavior is of no value to the those that pay good money for the clicks, then you are contributing to that website getting their adsense account banned for invalid activity ... nice one.
    Good riddance to you.

Agent000, Jul 12, 2016 IP
  20. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Agent000 Would you please read what I write in the following answers.. I DO THAT if I like the blog! it's not my occupation to click on random ads just for f*cking fun..

Jiewux, Jul 12, 2016 IP