1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clicking on Adsense Ads in Websites

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by Jiewux, Jun 28, 2016.

Hi there everyone!
    I am not totally sure if this is the right place to post it, but since it's blogging related (in a way) I will ask my question anyways.
    So I am a blogger myself and often go to other peoples blogs to read stuff. So once I'm in the site and if I see that blog owner is using Adsense I always click on the ads so people would earn some money from it :) So I was wondering am I the only one who does that? :)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
    Jiewux, Jun 28, 2016 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Meaning...user click ads what interest..

robyries, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  3. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Meaning that they would get paid by Google once I click on the ads :D Sorry maybe I wasn't clear enough. I click on the ads so people would get money :)

Jiewux, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  4. styletomes

styletomes Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't specifically make it a point to click on the ads, but when I see a re-targeted ad for my interests, I sometimes go ahead and click through. ;p Those things do work. :) And it's a kind thought to try and help out the blog owner. Typically, people have the reverse reaction (attempting not to click ANY ads).

styletomes, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  5. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @styletomes well I used to be one of those people myself :) but since I started blogging myself I started to look at things from different perspective :) I know how nice it is to get some additional money, so I kinda try help (at least a little bit) to other fellow bloggers :)

Jiewux, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  6. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's a quick thing to do, just cntrl+click on them and have them open in another tab - you don't even have to see the pages, so yeah, it's not that bad an idea, really. Personally, I never see ads, so I wouldn't really have that much to click on, but yeah, I can see the point. However, I feel that the reasons for having ads often gets muddled. "I need to have ads to pay for my hosting and to get some money for the stuff I do" and blah blah blah. If you need ads to pay for the hosting, you're doing something wrong. It cost a few dollars a year to host a site, even with heavy traffic. The only reason you put up ads is to make money off your hobby or whatever you do online. Just be upfront about it. There's been such a huge amount of controversy among bloggers about sponsored content, not being upfront about paid-for written pieces and such.

If I sound grumpy, that's because I am ;)

PoPSiCLe, Jul 9, 2016 IP
  7. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As you click ads on other websites, if you doing it on regular basis than you might put their adsense account on risk instead of helping them. Their account get flagged for invalid click activity.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    iwebsocial, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  8. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @iwebsocial I know that :D I am not crazy about it and I don't go casually into every blog and just click on Adsense. I know how these things work I do not intend to put someone at the risk..

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  9. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @PoPSiCLe Hey, thanks for answer. This thread is NOT about whether it is wrong or right to use Adsense or discussing people trying to live from Adsense... People seem to miss my point here on this thread. I just wanted to know if somebody does click intentionally on Adsense from time to time like I do. That's it.

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  10. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    So what are your thoughts towards the hard working advertisers that have to pay for all those fake clicks that they get no value from?
    I don't suppose you even give them a second thought, what you are doing is completely unethical.

malky66, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  11. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @malky66 why so grumpy?? Did I just touch something personal? If so sorry, Otherwise I advise you to go look for a thread that is about using Adblock and accuse them of being unethical. I don't need you negativity here.

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  12. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    How the fuck is using adblock unethical? If people don't want to see ads when they visit websites that's their choice, no-one gets ripped off because of it, what you and the other lowlife scumbags blindly clicking ads do is rip off advertisers.
    So I'll ask the question again seeing as you avoided it in your last reply, what are your thoughts towards the hard working advertisers that have to pay for all those fake clicks that they get no value from?
    You start threads like this be prepared for all the negativity that gets thrown at you...you deserve every word of it.

malky66, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  13. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    GO GET A LIFE you SAD SAD person! I will not speak with you here or anywhere. And wont discuss sh*t.

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  14. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Clicking on ads on which you have no interest is just plain fraud.

Smyrl, Jul 11, 2016 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  15. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Wow, you're hot. But your ethics are questionable :p Think of the advertiser's money you're burning. You might be an advertiser one day. Would you like people doing that to you?

dcristo, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  16. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Careful she's a bit neurotic, you'll get called names if you disagree with her.

malky66, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  17. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Life isn't fair people, one wins one looses. Ethical unethical this depends on point of view. There are always two sides and I am on one you are on the other. Who the hell said I am clicking these ads as crazy???? Jesus... If and when I find a blog that I like and it uses Adsense I will click on the God damned ad so the the person writing would get maybe 10 cents or so! Because, you know, Adsense is for a website monetaization and not just for advertising..Jesus just relax for once of making these accusations..

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  18. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Ethics are basically moral principles that rational people would agree to. Not everything is black and white but with the issue you have raised it certainly is.

dcristo, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  19. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @dcristo Do you ever used Adsense? Do you own a website of some sorts?

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  20. Jiewux

Jiewux Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @dcristo tell me how it is unethical to click on an Ad in a blog I stumble upon and like? How it is terribly wrong to click on an ad and to think that a person would get a few cents from it. A person who doesn't get paid at all for writing stuff that I enjoy?

Jiewux, Jul 11, 2016 IP