1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

clicked my own ad but closed the page before the advert poped up am I gone in google?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by Connections, Mar 8, 2007.

Ok just before I am editing one of my site's and doing a preview I accidently clicked a advert I closed the whole program so fast that nothing opened up, on google's page for the channel its shown 1 click but no earnings...

do you think google will ban more for the accident.

It's soo stupid how ads even show up for my IP address, goog should implement something that bans your own IP from viewing the ads, like come on we are dealing with 1000's of dolars in revenue here not some 2 cent pop up junk.

Flame on but accidents do happen.

Connections, Mar 8, 2007 IP
    *Mayank* likes this.
  2. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:
    any idea if the click was tracked in your google adsence account?

or too many clicks to determine this?

chris20492002, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  3. 15challenger

15challenger Banned

Best Answers:
    Mail them abt this. Don't take any risk.

15challenger, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  4. *Mayank*

*Mayank* Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Even if you closed it instantly, it gets recorded as a click. Email google right now, dont delay! You gotta email before they plan to put you on ban list.

Someone had this problem before and he emailed google immediately and google replied with its okay and did not ban him.

*Mayank*, Mar 8, 2007 IP
    deluxdon likes this.
  5. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

i checked this cannel info aggain with google and its not showing up in the channel so maby its ok.

Connections, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  6. deluxdon

deluxdon Catch Me If You Can...!!!™ Staff

Best Answers:
    If only one time you have clicked accidently on your website's G Ads then there is no problem IMO. But take care in future.

Precaution is better than cure :)

deluxdon, Mar 8, 2007 IP
    *Mayank* likes this.
  7. blogster

blogster Peon

Best Answers:
    hey friend,

dont worry.it happened to me 2 TIMES this week .I did the same ting closed the window as soon as possible.I didnt know if the click was counter for since there were many clicks on tht channel.Yest i sent google an email bout this and i got the reply in 2 hrs conforming my account is in good standing. :)

blogster, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  8. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:

Same... hell I probably click one ad a month of my own.. all accidents of course! but I still report it.

FanAddict, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  9. karan265

karan265 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nah. They dont ban you for this. Although it'd be good if you report it to them. I always do that when I accidently click on one of my ads (Its happened to me many times). They actually appreciate you telling them about your latest happenings. :)

karan265, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  10. char

char Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think piling up your e-mails in google is a good idea.They will probably ban you next time.So if they dont detect your click better dont mail them.

char, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  11. SoftCloud

SoftCloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just give them a heads up just to say you accidentally clicked an advert. :)

SoftCloud, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  12. blogster

blogster Peon

Best Answers:
    agreed....thts y i waited for like a week b4 emailin them....try not to email them again n again ...

blogster, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  13. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:

Don't mail them so they think you did it on purpose? Or so that they think your asking friends/family to click on ads? :rolleyes:

Google catches if you click your own ads.. it's called an IP Address.

I mail them at least ONCE a month from clicking on my own ads, I get the same standard reply every time, they APPRECIATE YOUR HONESTY.

FanAddict, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  14. funmaza

funmaza Banned

Best Answers:
    Yes, and incase of accidently clicks immediately Email google-adsense support before they decide to Terminate your account (Usually they catch you up within 24 Hours). So email as soon as you click by mistake.

And this is the problem for which i once lost mY 3 Months payment of $9000+ when i just clicked by Mistake (but didnt emailed since i didnt knew that they are so much serious about single clicks whereas my site was giving 3000+ Clicks/Day) so i thought they may not take an action. But i was wrong and got Termination email next evening which casued my account suspension + 9000+ USD loss... horrible...

Again on another site i worked, i got clicks 3 times in a few days and immediately emailed to adsense, and they always replied positively with no action. So i suggest always take it seriously, and inform Adsense frankly if anything goes wrong. :)

funmaza, Mar 8, 2007 IP
  15. kastro_316

kastro_316 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have done this before - I ALWAYS email them RIGHT AWAY - THey are very understanding!

Just be honest - Say you clicked it by complete accident!

kastro_316, Mar 8, 2007 IP