1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ClickBankAffiliates.info need help

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by h4seeb, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    i registered a domain ClickBankAffiliates.info a day before , i need some suggestions that what can i do with name ? promote product or start my own affiliate product??

h4seeb, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  2. anhbloginc

anhbloginc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you have much skill for clickbank, you can start your own product. It's better than try affiliate. If not, you can use that domain for build a blog

anhbloginc, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  3. hostmonster

hostmonster Active Member

Best Answers:
    ya you can build a blog related to guides,tricks etc for clickbank affiliates

hostmonster, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  4. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not legal to use someone else's trademark as part of a domain-name. Clickbank is a huge business, and unless you get their permission to use that domain, it's very safe to assume that at some future point you'll be hearing from their legal department. It's taking a huge long-term risk to develop a site on that name. Sorry! :eek:

alexa_s, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  5. h4seeb

h4seeb Peon

Best Answers:
    what type of products should i start with?

h4seeb, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  6. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you not read what Alexa just said above you?

Why develop anything on that domain when you will probably have to take it down?

J1218, Jan 7, 2010 IP
  7. h4seeb

h4seeb Peon

Best Answers:
    What should i do with it now??

h4seeb, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  8. J1218

J1218 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you're really set on using that exact domain name you could contact Clickbank and ask them if it's all right that you do. Other then that, nothing really unless you want to run the risk of getting the site taken down.

J1218, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  9. Playaner

Playaner Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If clickbank has a trademark you will get in trouble to use it.
    That will be very expensive for you !!
    I think the best is forgot this domainname and look for another idea.
    I dont think that clickbank will give you a permission to use their Trademark in your domain.
    But you can try to contact them . Do it before you put one word on this domain.

Playaner, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  10. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What about the The Clickbank Code? :)

There's tons of affiliates using "Clickbank" in their domains...

I'm one of them.

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  11. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you think perhaps they have Clickbank's permission to use that name?! ;)

alexa_s, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  12. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You worry too much alexa. :)

I personally don't have any permission because I am the holder of the domains and I do not need one.

Al.

13. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe - maybe not. I personally know someone who has lost a domain (into which he had put some work and time and money) for this exact reason, though, so it's just an issue I'm aware of.

alexa_s, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  14. imkane

imkane Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hahahaha, great logic. You don't need permission because you own the domain. Ummmm...yes that's exactly why many people who've registered (and been the owners) of trademarked domains have legally lost them.

Alexa is 100% correct.

If you don't believe us, register something like MicrosoftOffice.info and see how long you can keep it for ;)

imkane, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  15. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Alex what do you know about domain legal issues ? :)

Who on earth would sue this army of affiliates? And below is just an example. Once again, the sad truth is that you are just assuming and not really coming with some legal terms/conditions. :rolleyes:

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=hp&q=the+clickbank+code&aq=f&aqi=&oq=&fp=e8d6ef47431c6a4a

Making me laugh. :)

Al.

16. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't try to belittle me, please, Al. It's offensive and it does nothing to enhance your own credibility, either. ;)

As it happens, this is what I know about domain legal issues:-

(i) My cousin is an "intellectual property and internet" lawyer and I think I get pretty reliable information from that source, compared with a lot of what I read here;

(ii) I learn from threads like this one in which Paul Myers posts very clearly and unambiguously (and I think even you'll agree that he's a widely acknowledged expert on such subjects?);

(iii) I personally know someone who lost his domain over exactly this issue, when Clickbank decided to serve a "cease and desist" on him because they hadn't given permission for their trademark to be used by someone else in a domain-name;

(iv) I understand what a trademark is, and I realise the fairly obvious point that there wouldn't be any value in registering a trademark in the first place if other people could use it without permission in a domain-name.

Is that enough, for starters, to answer your question? There's more, if you really want it ...

You're very easily amused, Al. That's one of the things we all like and admire about you so much. Unfortunately though, the reality, in this instance, is that you simply don't know what you're talking about. [​IMG]

alexa_s, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  17. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You know someone .. You know someone ..

But you don't know me :p

We weren't discussing credibility here but about the existence of thousands of domains that contain trademark names in them. Since they exist what you've stated above is false.

Certainly you are just a bit scarred, nothing to worry about Alexa :)

I personally love the way you clearly state things and help all the affiliate in the clickbank section, but there's times when you simply misinform people.

Here's a funny one to cheer you up -- http://www.ClickbankNoobs.com/ :p

P.S Not very hard to tell I am admired by many users here, since I have received over 20 personal emails after my DP account has been banned.

You're taking things too personally by the way, Alexa, I am not trying anything, not to offense you in any way, but to discuss online business. That's what I am here for. Not for being rude, offensive or so forth.

Happy New Year! .. by the way :)

Al.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
  18. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Happy New Year to you also, Al. :)

What your answer to the four points I've made in the post above? [​IMG]

alexa_s, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  19. mikeyman120

mikeyman120 Peon

Best Answers:
    You should also get cbaffiliates.info in case Clickbank doesn't approve your product with their name in it. Like the guy from the Clickbank code registered the-cb-code.com right before he launched. I do know of some people who have clickbank in the domain and it seems ok from them. Most people seem to get a domain with cb in it instead of clickbank. You should register both but redirect clickbankaffiliates.info to cbaffiliates.com that is what I see most people do.

Mike

mikeyman120, Jan 8, 2010 IP
  20. evelinawilliams007

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thanks

Not sure what you've meant. :p

The reality is that trademark is an serious issue online. Just spoke to a friend of mine which is also a lawyer. It's quite difficult to sue someone for a domain name such as the one in Amazon's case.

The laws differ in all parts of the world and sometimes it's a tough action to take against someone.

Since there's billions of domains that contain trademark names, no one is really there to sue you for anything, especially in Clickbank's case.

I wouldn't worry that much :)

And IF you already have a solid business online, I suppose you have a large email list/database with all your users and contacts so there's nothing much getting in your way to purchase another domain and re-launch your business in a matter of hours.

here's just an example -- http://http://www.watch-movies-online.tv/ ..

This guy had his domain down several times and the website is still huge. :) (Changed quite few domains over the past year)

Nothing can affect his business or his "brand"/website (illegal online movies streaming site). The money is in the list, lol.

:p

Al.

evelinawilliams007, Jan 9, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.