1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Tax ID #...And when Will I get paid??

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by rbf738, Jan 8, 2008.

Did everybody else go to the IRS website and obtain the tax id number? They say affiliates earning over $600 a year are "highly encouraged" to obtain this ID number but don't offer any explanation. I think they say you can put in your social instead...but I don't know, what's the deal here?

Also, I am having trouble understanding the payment system, hopefully someone can shine some light on my situation for me:

I made just under $100 between December 1-15, $150 between December 15-31, and I've made $50 from January 1st to today. When can I expect to get any of this money because my address was correct when I checked it and my payment threshold is set to $100. I've also had all different credit card number sales, so i've had the minimum of 5 including one visa. Do I need to do this tax id number before I see my check? I've also heard I can contact clickbank and ask them to simply "flush out" my account...should I do this/how do I do this?

Thanks for the help...I use adwords and have only just about broken even between what I've spent and what I've earned so far, that is ASSUMING I get my money.

rbf738, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  2. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about tax ID.

Clickbank is having some problems with checks and stats, which prevented some people of being able to check latest stats and receive their paychecks.

bl4ckmaN^, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  3. Mackadoo

Mackadoo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You said you got a Visa sale, did you get a Mastercard sale also?

Mackadoo, Jan 8, 2008 IP
  4. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  5. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah checked all my sales, i've had maybe 10 different sales at least, visa and mastercard. Threshold set at 100. And are we sure i should disregard the tax id part?

Do you have to wait a few weeks after reaching the threshold before you get your payment? How much of my money will i get in my check too? Sorry, i know my questions might be grating here but i'd just really appreciate my check cos until I get it and it clears, all i've got are numbers on my clickbank account page.

rbf738, Jan 10, 2008 IP
  6. IMJunkie

IMJunkie Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also a bit curious about the Tax ID part. Don't want to mess that part up.

IMJunkie, Mar 5, 2011 IP
  7. Honiawa

Honiawa Peon

Best Answers:
    Directly from Clickbank:

Taxpayer ID Number Requirement for U.S. Based Affiliates Earning Over $600

U.S. based Affiliate accounts earning over $600 are required to have a taxpayer ID number of some kind linked to their account, at a minimum a social security number. If inputting a social security number, be sure to use the proper 9-digit format including dashes: 123-45-6789.

ClickBank encourages U.S. based Affiliates earning over $600 a year to obtain an IRS issued Employer Identification Number (EIN) to input into your account as a taxpayer ID number. If you do not have one already, you may click here to get yours at the IRS web site. Note that this is a free process. The IRS will either provide your number online, or mail it to you. Once you have obtained your EIN please be sure to key it in to all of your ClickBank accounts, in this 9-digit format: 12-3456789. This helps to simplify the year-end 1099 reporting requirement.

Note: The taxpayer ID number input to your account must match the payee name on the account. If you are utilizing a business payee name but reporting under an individual social security number, you will need to fax a completed IRS W-9 form to us at 559-210-0502. Be sure to include a cover sheet that indicates your account nickname.

Second note: If you are utilizing a U.S. address but are a beneficial resident of a foreign country, you will instead need to fax a completed IRS W-8ben form to us at 559-210-0502. Be sure to include a cover sheet that indicates your account nickname.

So if you don't live in US you don't need a tax ID.

Honiawa, Mar 6, 2011 IP
  8. SEOSharpShooter

SEOSharpShooter Peon

Best Answers:
    they will send you a 1040 form during tax season, i got mine this past january

SEOSharpShooter, Mar 11, 2011 IP