1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ClickBank Products + Traffic Exchanges & Safelists

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by stingrays06, May 20, 2010.

Hi,

I am just curious, has anyone had success with selling clickbank products in Traffic exchanges and safelists, or is it a complete waste of time? I have been advertising CB products such as Rapid Mass Traffic & other "traffic generating" products, but I haven't made a single sale. When looking at the analytics page in CB, I see that there are a lot of order form impressions though. Are these just from the annoying exit pop ups?

Or, should I use traffic exchanges and safelists to build my lists, & then try and make back-end sales? I have no prior experience with list building and I wouldn't know where to start.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially advice that will help me make sales.

Thanks,

Scott

stingrays06, May 20, 2010 IP
  2. Dan Bainbridge

Dan Bainbridge Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would honestly say it is a TOTAL waste of time. This comes not from using them myself, but from seeing traffic coming from there to us via different affiliates - on sites that "pay" people to visit your site, or basically offer credits to get your site seen if you browse other peoples sites.

The viewing time of a real person who is just curious to my site is 2-3 minutes, and they look at, on average 3-4 pages. When they are a real BUYER the viewing stats are higher - anywhere from 4-20 minutes on the site, and anywhere from 5-20... more pages.

The viewing stats from traffic exchanges are 0:01 minutes on site on average, and 0 pages viewed - this trafficis totally useless I am afraid - but think about it, you probably browse the sites a little yourself, going from site to site and clicking off as soon as you have your credit... that is all that people are doing for you, in 3 months some of our affiliates have sent 2-3000 hits to our site from these sources and NEVER made a sale.

You are in the right place for ideas of traffic generation but you need to learn article marketing, ppc, seo etc rather than using these such services - if it was that easy then everyone would be doing it..

Dan

Dan Bainbridge, May 20, 2010 IP
  3. jaykou

jaykou Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really wonder if these traffic generation niches make money to an affiliate promoting. Because the traffic obviously are webmasters and majority of them use their own affiliate links when buying. And this is the sole reason for higher gravity. They bring lot of sales to a vendor, but definitely not for an affiliate promoting....!

That's my opinion on MMO niches. And I totally agree with submp3s on traffic exchange, they obviously are highly untargetted!

jaykou, May 20, 2010 IP
  4. homesure

homesure Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    stingrays06 if I were you I would stop this sort of traffic source at the moment. It's pure waste of time and money. It can only bring misleading Alexa statistics. Plus, jaykou is quite correct in his opinion. I personally don't promote products whose market is mainly affiliates and/or webmasters. These guys generally end up using their affiliate links to purchase and what do you get?

homesure, May 20, 2010 IP
  5. Super_Vendor

Super_Vendor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey buddy,

I tried doing that a long time ago before I got into real internet marketing. Trust me, its just not worth the time, I doubt you will ever get a sale. I mean think about it.... the people on traffic exchanges that are going to see your site, are on the traffic exchange because they dont want to spend money for traffic.... so that means they have no money to spend on what you are promoting as well.

Super_Vendor, May 20, 2010 IP
  6. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    Most affiliate marketers think traffic = sales, but fail to understand that it is targeted and real traffic = sales.

Traffic exchange networks deliver traffic, but not targeted traffic and often not even real traffic. It is low quality, pointless traffic that you should not waste time with. Many systems could use auto surfing exchanges that mean no person actually visits the site, just the persons browser. I remember evaluating these types of systems (manual + auto exchange traffic networks) several years ago and finding them pointless then - and they are just as pointless today or maybe even more pointless today due to social networking popularity.

The traffic exchanges still exist today because more people discover them and have been taught by IM Gurus that traffic = sales. The people who continue to use them will never become successful, but they will help create new gurus as they purchase the guru traffic systems and products.

Ganceann, May 20, 2010 IP
  7. viralman

viralman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I had tried using Traffic Exchanges for quit some time only to realize after spending hours clicking on other peoples websites that I was doing exactly what 99% of other folks were doing. Wasting my time! People who use traffic exchanges hope that other members of that traffic exchange will be interested in their product or service and click on their link. When the traffic exchange shows you users on line e.g. 1500 it means that there are 1500 wishful people doing exactly what you are doing. None of these 1500 folks are out to buy anything but they hope that some other clicker will buy their stuff. But it's free and if you have nothing else to do then just keep on clicking and GOOD LUCK.

viralman, Jun 16, 2013 IP
    Revelations-Decoder likes this.
  8. seocrusher

seocrusher Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get more info how to find buyer lists. That's better than just free traffic exchange.

seocrusher, Jul 11, 2013 IP
  9. Doug

Doug Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with the others here that traffic exchanges are a complete waste of your time. The people on there that hit your site for the most part have no interest at all in your site or offer. Provide information that helps the market you are targeting and build a list of those people. And remember its all about them not about you. They don't care about you just about themselves, so give them reasons to be on your list and to buy your products you are promoting. You have to reach out your hand and help people first and often if you expect them to help you.

Doug, Jul 13, 2013 IP
  10. karmaseo

karmaseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Traffic exchange & safelist are good way to collect leads, not kind of cb products to sell.

karmaseo, Jul 24, 2013 IP
  11. fredthered

fredthered Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never promoted IM/make money products on Clickbank. I think it's largely a waste of time because IMers know how Clickbank works i.e. you will get high refund rates.

The exception is useful tools that won't work without an active license.

fredthered, Aug 5, 2013 IP