1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CLICKBANK or PAYDOTCOM?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by frame, Jul 25, 2006.

Hey Folks. I am new so go ez on me please. I have 2 digital products that I am hoping to launch in the next week, as both are ready to go. One is, admittedly impulse buying junk, but the other is something I consider very worthwhile. I filmed a documentary in the Middle East during the invasion of Iraq 3 years back, it won a bunch of awards, did the film fest circuit, blah, blah. I am sincerely hoping that offering it to the public via an affiliate based system of promotion will allow it a chance to get some proper exposure as it died a broadcasters death as we did not possess something called errors and ommission insurance. I am selling it to help produce a sequel and thought that Clickbank or PayDotCom could be a unique way of doing so. Problem being, both of these companies scare the b-jeezus outta me. I have heard such scathing opinions regarding both that I am frazzled as to what to think. As I can't seem to get a straight answer out of either of them regarding some very important issues such as: Who owns the intellectual rights once I sign up with these folks? What is the typical method of securing the media for download? Is that my job, or theirs? How accountable are they? I just need some honest opinions about these companies. If I were just hawking the impulse buying junk CD then it wouldn't bother me so much....but the documentary is another matter altogether. I would appreciate any advice/debate/opinion on this subject.
    Cheers,
    Matt
    www.baghdad-or-bust.com

frame, Jul 25, 2006 IP
  2. Michau

Michau Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You own the digital media, they are just payment processors. You need to provide the method of download, there is usually some technical work involved. I can't speak for PayDotCom, but I sell stuff on ClickBank and they are very accountable and pay like a clock (usually earlier than promised). I would recommend ClickBank to you.

Michau, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  3. ColaDesigns

ColaDesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    clickbank for sure

checks on time, lots more affiliates, simply more organized and reliable

ColaDesigns, Aug 4, 2006 IP
  4. motheninja

motheninja Peon

Best Answers:
    paydotcom has a longer "customer buying" process. IE: paydotcom takes the customer through the paypal interface; so the customer sees one paydotcom page after they click your link to buy your product, then another page from paypal, then a paypal confirmation page, and then a paydotcom confirmation page, and then finally your ThankYou page.

...that's pretty long vs Clickbank's one checkout page.

motheninja, Sep 1, 2006 IP
  5. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    Clickbank is good. The only problem is that you don't have any control on the refunds.

I would say to start with clickbank.

Franck S, Sep 2, 2006 IP