1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank not reflecting Adwords Conversion Stats

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by ajvan, Dec 4, 2006.

Today I noticed that my CB sales don't match my Google Adwords conversion stats - specifically, Adwords reports a sale that doesn't show up in CB. This seems strange, since Adwords has up to 3 hours of lag time, while CB supposedly tracks sales "live" - so you'd expect a sale to show up in CB before Adwords.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

ajvan, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  2. druzilla

druzilla Guest

Best Answers:
    the vendor may have lots of tracing codes on there page.
    Somebody elase made the sale but it was recorded in your adwords stats.
    Is this a fairly popular product?

druzilla, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  3. ajvan

ajvan Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah, a fairly popular spyware program. I didn't realize that you could get credit for someone else's sales, or visa versa.

ajvan, Dec 4, 2006 IP
  4. smapdi636

smapdi636 Peon

Best Answers:
    I had this same thing happen yesterday (a conversion recorded but no ClickBank sale).

Given what you're describing, say the vendor has 5 people's tracking codes installed on their post-sales page - does AdWords credit all 5 AdWords accounts with the conversion? If so, that seems pretty crappy as far as enabling us to acculately track conversions.

AdWords clicks go to google.com and then redirect to the vendor. Couldn't AdWords set a cookie (indicating which AdWords account the click originated from) that the conversion tracking code could use that to determine which AdWords account to credit the conversion to?

smapdi636, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  5. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have never used adwords conversion tracking code myself... folks check the code you've given to clickbank vendor... does it have your account information embedded? if not, then I see no real value in using it...

baumann93, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  6. smapdi636

smapdi636 Peon

Best Answers:
    Not your account information but
    adwords.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6360&hl=en_US

smapdi636, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  7. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, in this case there should not be any mix ups... So, if a sale is recorded in AdWords but is missing in ClickBank stats, I would assume that ClickBank did not credit an affiliate for the sale.

Why? Many reasons... vendor "borrowed" the commissions, problem with the ClickBank tracking system, cookie, etc...

baumann93, Dec 10, 2006 IP
  8. mike42

mike42 Peon

Best Answers:
    "Today I noticed that my CB sales don't match my Google Adwords conversion stats"

Were you ever credited for the sale? Was the issue just a time lag or do you think you weren't credited with a sale you should have received credit for?

mike42, Dec 12, 2006 IP