1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank No Longer Allowing TV on PC Products

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by silverpoint, Sep 26, 2012.

Dear Client,

As the leading retailer of digital products, ClickBank prides itself on offering its customers the latest and best digital products available. Due to the ever changing status of technology and the law, ClickBank monitors the products offered through its services and, when necessary, makes changes to the types of products it will offer for sale. ClickBank's ability to make such changes is included in our Client Contract, which is the final authority on the business relationship between ClickBank and you. This communication does not alter or amend the Client Contract.

As part of this process, ClickBank has decided to add to its existing list of Prohibited Products any products that, in our sole judgment, are deemed as Aggregation Products, which are defined as: products that offer content such as books, movies, music, t.v. shows and channels, such as tv-to-pc, games and "open source" products for a charge where the content is generally available for the internet for free . As many consumers do not understand that the content can be found for free on the Internet, such products often result in a high level of refund and chargeback requests. Unfortunately, some affiliates add to this misunderstanding by failing to accurately describe for consumers what they will actually receive when the product is purchased. Additionally, certain affiliates promoted these products in a way that violated the trademarks and other IP rights of third-parties. ClickBank prohibits such promotions.

ClickBank has determined that at least one of the products within the account(s) referenced above that you promote offers such services. Accordingly, please be advised that effective noon, October 15th, 2012 (U.S. Mountain Time), ClickBank will no longer allow transactions involving such products. ClickBank values its relationship with its affiliates, so we are providing you with advance notice of this prohibition so that you may take appropriate steps to move your existing promotions and advertisements to some of the other tens of thousands of quality products currently sold by ClickBank. Hoplinks that direct to Aggregation Products will be blocked on that date.

Again, this letter does not alter or amend the terms of the Client Contract, sets the terms of our legal relationship. If you have questions or concerns about this policy change, or if you need assistance in determining other product niches to promote, please contact your Account Manager or by submitting an inquiry through our Vendor and Affiliate Support form:

http://www.clickbank.com/vendorquestion.html

Best regards,

ClickBank Risk and Compliance Department

www.clickbank.com

Any opinion?

silverpoint, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  2. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you very much for relaying this information as I am promoting such products (the flight simulator and the satellite direct) since I didn't make any sale with them, I'm not annoyed, but when I added them in my ad rotation and even tried paid ads, I thought they could sell as their sales pages were attractive, well done.
    But thank you for letting me know, so I will remove them, that means more displays for other products, which are not converting either, but that's another story..

JamesColin, Oct 1, 2012 IP
  3. websushil

websushil Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is this official announcement? I have yet not got any email so i wonder if it's going to shut down soon :( how will i earn money??

websushil, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  4. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    There has been absolutely no information by clickbank to its affiliates about this, no email and no news on the site.
    Only vendors have been alerted.

JamesColin, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  5. tottenham

tottenham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Not surprised as these are often illegal.

tottenham, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  6. sekhar203

sekhar203 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Im also promoting these two clickbank products "flight simulator and the satellite direct" but only satellite direct converted...anyways thanks for your informaition...

sekhar203, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  7. Atticus77

Atticus77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the information; I had not heard about this at all.I have a "PC-TV" site that converted reasonably well and had a low refund rate.I just visited it and clicked a link, Clickbank took them down.

Atticus77, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  8. deanmoney

deanmoney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only movie site that seems to be removed is Satellite Direct. Other movie products are on their site if you search which is odd.

deanmoney, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  9. Atticus77

Atticus77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, I advertise three different tv-pc products on that site, all of the links are dead, just lead to a "violation of TOS" page from Clickbank.Satellite Direct seems to have moved over to the Clicksure program.

Atticus77, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  10. deanmoney

deanmoney Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    deanmoney, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  11. JamesColin

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    @deanmoney, even the first link FULLMOV has replaced its button with a register link, so affiliates won't hear anything. I didn't check the others, but it's clear that we should be careful. If they don't display a clickbank direct order link, give them up.

JamesColin, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  12. Atticus77

Atticus77 Peon

Best Answers:
    Most of those appear to be about movie\mp3 downloads. The pc-tv stuff like isatellitelink lets you connect your pc to streaming tv and movie channels.I'm not sure why CB would be more forgiving of one than the other except maybe due to refund rates or customer complaints.I didn't sale a huge number of those, but I think I only saw one refund over a two year period.

Atticus77, Nov 10, 2012 IP
  13. lieza203

lieza203 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info.

lieza203, Nov 11, 2012 IP
  14. Alex.luther

Alex.luther Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the heads up. This isn't such a good news, but hey.. we will adapt.

Alex.luther, Nov 13, 2012 IP