1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank just a bunch of ebook scam products?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Frankenfine, Mar 15, 2009.

I was intrigued by the 'stories' of Clickbank etc., so went to Clickbank and did a review of their marketplace, but there are no actual products (gadgets, electronics, games, etc.), just a directory of sham companies, many with 0PR and very shabby scam ebook junk.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?

I wouldn't want to be associated with that muck, so am thinking aStores is more honorable.

Thoughts?

Frankenfine, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  2. JustANickname

JustANickname Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you are free to promote whatever you want. the best clickbank e-books are not scams (i've read a bunch of them). PR is overrated btw

JustANickname, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You have come to this conclusion by just browsing the CB marketplace? Perhaps, research the products a bit more thoroughly :rolleyes:

dcristo, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  4. MikeLugar

MikeLugar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A lot of them are crap, clickbank is all digital products, if you looking for substantial products try dropshipping or an affiliate with amazon or CJ.

MikeLugar, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  5. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously you have gone into in depth study to come to this conclusion.......well done....:rolleyes:

terryd, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  6. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    How many have you actually read? I've read hundreds of CB books - some that I've bought for my own use, others that I bought (or got a review copy) for the purpose of promoting as an affiliate. I can honestly say that the vast majority were quite good, some are even excellent - of course if you go into the area of paid surveys, downloads, satellite tv etc then those products are a bit dubious, but the actual ebooks/video products are good.

hamidap, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  7. Frankenfine

Frankenfine Peon

Best Answers:
    That's good to know. I guess I would review whatever digital product I would sell.

Frankenfine, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  8. tygas

tygas Peon

Best Answers:
    Okay guys what are the books which is worth reading?

tygas, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  9. PremiumWealth

PremiumWealth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ... me too :rolleyes: 'Coz I've read few (not all) ebooks from clickbank which helped me alot in my affiliate marketing.

PremiumWealth, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  10. tibor28

tibor28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats what i also thought when i first visited clickbank. But dont get confused because of how the home pages of the products look. I also thought they are totall bullshit and that they make the product look like a scam but believe it or not these sales pages actually sell the best!
    And I have to agree with others taht clickbank is full of good products!

tibor28, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  11. money2e

money2e Member

Best Answers:
    The reason clickbank is so popular is because most of the products offer 50% commission or more.
    Always go for the products with the highest conversion rate, if it is compelling you to want to buy it
    then chances are it will do the same for someone else.

There are many good products on clickbank, but you should definitely do some research into the product and/or the author before promoting

money2e, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  12. AffilateRook1

AffilateRook1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to look at Clickbank as a whole. There are over 10,000 products so of course some of them are going to be either scams, or just crappy products. There are legit products that do help or promise what they say they do. You just have to find which those are.

AffilateRook1, Mar 15, 2009 IP
  13. affiliatenewbie

affiliatenewbie Peon

Best Answers:
    This depend on which school of thought you subscribe to? If your philosophy is not to pay a buck for a 100 page preaching on how...to and how not to.. You are right friend! No one can say which is good and which is bad unless they read research and test the theory. I find some of the e marketing books excellent with all graphic details. There are other books that teach you swimming at home also.

After all Books are books . They are not application utilities(??).

People make money on others ignorance whether in CB or elsewhere. Think about the counsellors, futurologists, Tarot readers,majority of lawyers and even some of the doctors . Even nature is full of parasites . Do not worry . Money would save all your problems .Ha Ha !!

affiliatenewbie, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  14. Gort

Gort Peon

Best Answers:
    One man's trash is another man's treasure.

I use and promote several Clickbank products on my website. I've made a little over $4000.00 so far this year from it. The products I promote I've used myself and attest to their quality on my site. If a product is shit, I just don't promote it. Simple as that.

Gort, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  15. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, there are some useless products on CB marketplace. That doesn't mean that total CB products are scam products. You need to do little research before promoting any product. If possible buy it and test the service.

markov, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  16. H3x

H3x Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are always going to be useless products on any network, but there are plenty of well written easy to follow useful eBooks on Clickbank.

H3x, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  17. TigerPublishing

TigerPublishing Member

Best Answers:
    We talk about products listed on CB as "ClickBank products". But they're not. CB is just the payment processor - the websites and products are independant, standalone and separate from CB. If they weren't sold via CB, they'd be sold via some other processor like PayPal... so would they then become "PayPal products"? Probably not.

The ones we see the most often are the big sellers, most often in the Internet Marketing niche, and so we're obviously a bit jaded and cynical. And fair enough - there are a lot of junk products, but a) there are junk products all over the web using all sorts of payment processor, and b) there are thousands of top quality independent publishers who sell through ClickBank. Let's not write them off just yet :)

We need to avoid labelling and stereotyping products found in the CB marketplace, just because they're in there.

Look at the product first, and the payment processor second. Don't judge the product just because it makes use of a particular payment service.

TigerPublishing, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  18. tradtke

tradtke Guest

Best Answers:
    I have been told there are a lot of scams on clickbank so its important to do your research and get a good site. Do not promote the garbage. Ebooks can be very easy to make so take some time and only promote good clickbank products.

tradtke, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  19. BeirutMarketing

BeirutMarketing Member

Best Answers:
    Clickbank doesnt have any physical products, only digital ones. While its true some of them may be junk or just over hyped stuff, some of them could be good and helpful. It also depends on the buyer, whether they find a particular product you are promoting useful to them.

BeirutMarketing, Mar 16, 2009 IP
  20. fireboat

fireboat Active Member

Best Answers:
    *shrug* I get lots of positive emails about my products. And almost no refund requests. I wouldn't say ALL clickbank prooducts are worthless.

Choose to promote worthwhile products and you will do fine. I know Clickbank calls themself a "retailer of digital products." I see them as an excellent payment processor with strong customer support and an top-notch affiliate system.

Examples: Testimonials 1 , Testimonials 2, Testimonials 3

Real, honest, unsolicited ones...people just write to say nice stuff.... THESE people don't feel scammed. It all depends on the products you choose to promote. And many of these customers have purchased multiple digital products in the past, so apparently there are enough good products out there to keep customers returning for more.

fireboat, Mar 16, 2009 IP