1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Journal 10 Months $60,000 All Free Traffic

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by petehols, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle.

Michelle. Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, thank you.

Also just one other quick one, after the visitor has received the free report how long before you sent the next e-mail promoting an affiliate product? and how many subscribers would you need to have before you start marketing to your subscribers? thanks

Michelle., Nov 13, 2009 IP
  2. in7

in7 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just read the entire thread start to now! All I can say is "wow"!

This thread was more like a movie than a journal, it even had several subplots! (the random arguments)

I have learned a staggering amount of information form this thread. I seemed like every time I had a question about something, it would be brought up and answered. I even found answers to questions that have been floating in my head for sometime.

The mods should edit this thread, condense it, and have it as a sticky for any newcomer who wants to learn about bum/article marketing. It lays out the basics in fair detail and even gets into the advanced stuff (linking strategies,etc.).

I also have a question for Pete: is there still an article marketing tutorial or am I too late? If I read correctly at the beginning of the the thread, when you were starting your blog, you were offering a trends tutorial and an article marketing tutorial for subscribing. When I went to your site, however, I only see an offer for the trends tutorial. Is it too late for me to get the article marketing tutorial or did I misread the earlier posts.

Thanks for the inspiration and information you have given in this thread and best of luck with accomplishing your goal.

in7, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  3. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    It's 99% profit.

Now please do us all a favor and jump off a bridge or something. Let's get back on topic here.

dlm, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  4. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:

Agreed. Back on topic for sure...

Hey Pete - Did you ever do anything else with PPC or did you give up on PCC all togeather? I can see in the thread you had problem with landing page scores. Did you ever figure it out?

Thanks,
    Rick

rickmci, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  5. evelinawilliams007

evelinawilliams007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You're amusing me sincerely.

Al./

evelinawilliams007, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  6. petehols

petehols Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @rickmci I tried but quality score always went to 1/10 so left it as didn't have time to try and figure out that as well as everything else.

I might give it a go again later but not the now.

Pete

petehols, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  7. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Pete, kind of a quick question, but I was wondering what extra article sites specifically you usually submit to for the backlinks. I picked a few which people don't mention as much but they had good PRs, the problem is it's becoming a massive headache trying to figure out their anchor link/link rules because the articles get accepted but I'll view it after it's published and the link code will be partially exposed/broken... and yes I know how to make a hyperlink.

Does anyone else have this problem with certain article sites?

rbf738, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  8. petehols

petehols Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @rbf738 the ones that I use are go articles, idea marketers, article dashboard, isnare, searchwarp these seem to be the main ones that offer the good linkbacks. With the links I have never had that problem all the links from the directories above have always stayed in tact.

Thanks

Pete

petehols, Nov 13, 2009 IP
  9. om3d

om3d Peon

Best Answers:
    @dlm you seem 2 be doing pretty well online.....
    @precious007.... u 2 dude....
    i hope those screen shoots are real though:p

om3d, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  10. Gdwebs

Gdwebs Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sure the screenshots are real, he has no other reason to post them!

Gdwebs, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  11. evilpuppy

evilpuppy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm.

This is maddness!

MADDNESS?

THIS

IS

DP!!!

now can you say quickly 'cock fight cock flight' 100 times?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

COCK FIGHT COCK FLIGHT COCK FIGHT COCK FLIGHT COCK FIGHT COCK FLIGHT COCK FIGHT COCK FLIGHT COCK FIGHT COCK FLIGHT !!!

evilpuppy, Nov 14, 2009 IP
  12. kidsko

kidsko Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    makes me wonder how many of evilpuppy's 90+ posts were actually worth any value with thread replies like that.

kidsko, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  13. Altug

Altug Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pete,

I recently created an adwords account too and had the same issue. The problem is that Google apparently don't like 1 page landers without much content/ duplicate re-seller content.

If you hover over your keywords in adwords it will give you an analysis. Things like keyword relevance, landing page etc. In the "landing page" section did it say "poor" next to it?

Dunno what your old landers looked like but if they were like your current ones (which I think are perfectly adequate for their purpose btw) then Adwords would probably have given them a 1/10 QS for lack of depth.

It's a bit crappy really, Google always seem to find a way to piss me off by making you jump through a million hoops.

That may be one reason Google was giving you a low score.

Altug, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  14. rbf738

rbf738 Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems that my problem was predominantly including quote marks in my urls/code and that sometimes can cause problems. I took them out and most of the links work now, I haven't tried it with all of the article sites, but as far as anyone knows, do the quote marks or rather the omission of them cause any problems? The link is still functional, so I assume I'm getting all of the juice, just wanted to check, though.

rbf738, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  15. MuseHack

MuseHack Member

Best Answers:
    I'm surprised that post has not been taken down yet. I assume DP has rules against hotlinking to protect themselves from members who use their services to engage in bandwidth theft. Those two graphics are pulled directly from sites that obviously need to learn how to use an .htaccess file :)

MuseHack, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  16. dmisev

dmisev Peon

Best Answers:
    I truly hope that you will achieve your goals!

dmisev, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  17. spdrus

spdrus Peon

Best Answers:
    Pete--> Come back!!!! Great job (and thread) so far. I have read through EVERY post and I think I learned a lot. I have one question, however.

Why do you write your main article for ArticlesBase (AB) and then generate links to that main article in AB from the other article directories that you submit articles to as opposed to creating your 'main' article on your OWN WEBSITE and then linking all of the articles that you submit to article directories to the main article on your own website? Thus generating more traffic to your website and creating value and traffic for your own website as opposed to AB. It seems to me like better long-term value would come from generating traffic directly to a sales page on your own website. Then create ANOTHER sales (presell) page on your website and use your methods to generate traffic to IT instead pf to an article on ArticlesBase. Aren't you just helping AB rank higher?

That is the ONE THING I can't figure out and perhaps it's obvious to all of you, but in my mind it seems like I would want to generate continuous traffic to articles published on my own website.

Can Pete or anyone else answer this?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

spdrus, Nov 16, 2009 IP
  18. Auris

Auris Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's because your article will have a better chance of ranking well in the SERPS via an article directory, than it will on your own website.

Auris, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  19. spdrus

spdrus Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your reply Auris and the answer may be as simple as that. Perhaps the speed with which your articles get indexed in a directory like ArticlesBase also has something to do with it.

I guess it just seemed to me like why promote an article on AB when you can create the same article on your own website, promote IT instead and gain traffic to your website.

Pete or any others care to chime in on this?

spdrus, Nov 17, 2009 IP
  20. spdrus

spdrus Peon

Best Answers:
    I would like to see if I can summarize Pete's methods here. Please feel freee to chime in if I've missed something...

1) Find a product that converts (many of you seem to prefer Clickbank products), but - correct me if I'm wrong - these techniques are universal. So if I am promoting online personals, products that cure acne, dog training videos, products in CJ instead of CB, whatever, it shouldn't matter.

2) Identify long-tail keywords for said products that have decent search volume and low competition (harder than it looks I think)

3) Create a main or 'Target' article to target the long-tail keyword. This article will include at least one hyperlink with the anchor text matching the long-tail keyword - this link should link to the presell page (or if building a list to market to) an email capture/download something free page.

4) In Pete's case, he publishes his 'Target' article on ArticlesBase, but the 'Target' article can just as easily be an article on one's own website, or EZA, or any site etc.

5) Boost the 'Target' Article (which has the key hyperlink to the product sales/presell/email capture page by gaining links to the 'Target' Article using the following methods:

5a) Create another version of the Target article (maybe with slightly different title and re-written first paragraph). This article will ALSO include a hyperlink with the anchor text matching the long-tail keyword the first article is optimized for EXCEPT this hyperlink will link back to the 'Target' Article to provide the link juice to get the Target Article ranked high and 'sticky' in the SEs

5b) Take this second article and distribute it to GoArticles, hubpages, iSnare, Squidoo etc. all for the purpose of gaining inbound links to the 'Target' article which is the one with the hyperlink through which visitors will go to the sales page or email download page (i.e. the 'action' page, if you will)

5c) Social bookmarking (not really sure what this is, but it's something Pete mentioned), but not sure of this means somehow bookmarking the secondary article so that there are even more inbound links from various sources to the main article and which social bookmarking sites are being used

6) Target another long-tail for the product and repeat the steps above

Now, a few thoughts that popped into my head: Is it really necessary to do ALL this work for one long-tail keyword (article)? Maybe it is, but would it be possible to work a little smarter and automate the collection of inbound links by using a tool like ArticleMarketingAutomation or are the article directories/hubpages/squidoo so much better for generating quality inbound links to the target article that this is really the way to go?

How does somebody keep track of this???

If I have the process right (or close to it) it is likely that it is SO manually intensive that none of us (especially those with full-time jobs) will ever do it. Or maybe it's worth it. Pete has proven it can pay off.

Please provide your input/comments and come back PETE!

spdrus, Nov 17, 2009 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.