1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank itself admits problems in tracking sales

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by kom, Nov 15, 2008.

Yesterday I received this email from CB:

Dear Affiliate,

Yesterday, we announced a partial Hoplink disruption on our System Log. The issue was resolved quickly and did not affect sales. However, there were some affiliates that were not credited immediately for a portion of their sales. Those affiliates were matched to the appropriate orders, and we have made the necessary adjustments to each account.

As one of those affiliates, you will now see the correct amounts reflected for any orders for which you should have earned a commission between 10:00 a.m. PT on 2008-11-12 to 7:30 a.m. PT on 2008-11-13.

If you have any questions regarding which orders were changed, please contact our Customer Service Department (http://www.clickbank.com/publisherquestion.html).

Thank you for your patience!

Best Regards,

ClickBank Customer Service

accounts@clickbank.com

www.clickbank.com

kom, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  2. Ryodan

Ryodan Peon

Best Answers:
    I emailed them asking why the sudden absence of sale from my account, and they told me the same thing.

I always had a sale or two every day the first months I joined clickbank, and then ever since early November, all the sales have just vanished, yet I'm still getting the same amount of hops which means people are still interested in buying yet not a single sale for me for the last 8 days.

It would have been believable if I got at least one sale, but not a single one.

I have a feeling there is more than what they say in the email.

Ryodan, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  3. anilg

anilg Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm also having the same problem. I also don't have a single sale for the last 8 days. Don't know what is happening. I have more than 400 hopes without a single sale in the last one week

anilg, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  4. Ryodan

Ryodan Peon

Best Answers:
    Its even weirder that not a lot of people are talking about this.

Ryodan, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  5. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's very difficult to understand!!

Clearly, there is very much more going on here than meets the eye. (Maybe, for some unfathomable reason the numbers of people affected by it are on the small side, or something??)

alexa_s, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  6. New England Cabin

New England Cabin Peon

Best Answers:
    There has been a lot of chatter on some of the other sites about this.
    The last entry I saw said that the problem had been fixed, and everyone had been credited correctly at this point.
    I have just joined CB, and would be interested to know if the problem has been solved.
    Thanks

New England Cabin, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  7. Gallito

Gallito Peon

Best Answers:
    Well it is good that they are actually admitting it this time. I have certainly seen times where I have felt that it made no logical sense that I wasn't being credited for sales over a period of time.

Gallito, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  8. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliates are getting screwed, because sales are not tracked, while publishers are making money. Nice!

bl4ckmaN^, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  9. extesy

extesy Member

Best Answers:
    Same here, almost 250 hops without even a single sale... :(

extesy, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  10. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    its hit or miss....

I spoke with Tim Godfrey today (commission blueprint), and asked him if he noticed any unusual fluctuations in sales....

He said no, not really.. and neither did Steve.

I checked my stats for today:
    [​IMG]

converting at 1:35

I'm trying to not advertise with ppc as much, but its addicting:D
    I can't really complain right now, although I still wish it was more!

but them admitting any problems is a huge step forward

eikliw, Nov 15, 2008 IP
  11. Ryodan

Ryodan Peon

Best Answers:
    All these problems with Clickbank makes me want to be Publisher rather than an affiliate.

Ryodan, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  12. farhantrader

farhantrader Peon

Best Answers:
    same here guyz......165 hopsn zero sales..........me gonna email them now n ask wats going on?

farhantrader, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  13. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Sales were a record low for me yesterday, a single sale as an affiliate and just a handful as a publisher...Amazing! PayDotCom Here I Come!

web_18designer, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  14. scubita

scubita Peon

Best Answers:
    That's not true, lot's of people are talking about this for some weeks now. These problems are not new.

I don't have a sale for what? 3 weeks now? 100 plus hops per day... Einearticles, top ranking sites, squidoo lenses... nothing works for some weeks now.

scubita, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  15. DPwebtec123

DPwebtec123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Absolutely correct, it is ever so slowly getting worse. I've noticed a problem since end of 2007 !

DPwebtec123, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  16. gpdbiz

gpdbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Threads like these show how childish (most probably are not even adults) each one of you are.

DO YOU NOT SEE THAT EVEN RETAIL IS LOSING SALES, BIG COMPANIES CLOSING DOWN, THE BIG 3 AUTO MAKERS ARE GOING DOWN

YET YALL THINK THAT IT IS CB'S PROBLEM BECAUSE ITS THE INTERNET

GROW UP AND LOOK AT THE "REAL WORLD" AROUND YOU

WHY DONT YOU ALL GOTO LOCAL SHOPS AROUND YOUR TOWN AND ASK THEM HOW BUSINESS HAS BEEN IN THE SAME TIME FRAME THAT YALL HAVE NOT BEEN GETTING SALES, SEE HOW THEY ARE DOING. I BET THEY SAY BAD, AND THEN YOU CAN TELL THEM THAT MAYBE THE CASH REGISTER IS HIDING MONEY, OR MAYBE THE BANK THEY DEPOSIT THE MONEY IS CHANGING THE NUMBERS

Bunch of crybabies, and it shows why most of you still use adsense on your make 5million blogs

gpdbiz, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  17. gpdbiz

gpdbiz Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe because people are done buying on these $hit sites where people cant even buy a domain.

Maybe people are watching there money and would rather spend it on a site that is a authority or looks like a authority

I have not seen any drop in sales, I have seen a increase, this is because I go about each site I promote like a real business, and I put them under my real business license. Setup custom nameservers , unique domain and a unique approach to generating traffic for a decent term investment , I dont expect to make sales for at least 1+ months, because in REAL LIFE, nothing is instant.

Goodbye to the days of bum marketing, which everyone who is anyone knew would NOT LAST.

gpdbiz, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  18. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think there is still a problem with CB, I'm saying this because I'm getting unusual sales for my product without an affiliate, This never happened before the CB tracking problem occured, I didn't even have a single sale without an affiliate, before the problem occured now I'm getting sales without an affiliate being tracked.
    Am I the only publisher noticing a rise in sales without an affiliate?

Ripped, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  19. Skribblez

Skribblez Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think I was one of those people.

On the 13th, my earnings were originally $192 or so (at the end of the day), and coming around to the 14th, it suddenly bounced up to $316..

Having another crappy day today. Not sure if I'll blame it on another "partial hoplink disruption" yet though, lol.

Skribblez, Nov 16, 2008 IP
  20. N0xTer

N0xTer Guest

Best Answers:
    One post below you write:

Interesting ... by no means do I want to get in your face -- honestly I don't care. I would just like to address your stupidity in front of everyone else.

I see no complaining in this thread ... don't know where you got "cry babies" from.

Having a "real business" doesn't make you any better than anyone else in this thread. That comment made me chuckle a bit.

I could keep typing point after point, but I will simply sum it up for you Mr. Business Man. Get lost -- scrub.

Cheers,
    N0xTer

P.S: I thought children were the only ones who wrote in caps?

N0xTer, Nov 16, 2008 IP