1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank is NOT processing credit cards!

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by taraff1, Dec 21, 2008.

1. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    I tried to buy one health related info product from CB marketplace, but the payment was not processed. In one case, affiliate=none was reported.

markov, Dec 23, 2008 IP
  2. natj

natj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    150 hops / 0 sales
    This was with a product converting at 1:60 (or 1:100 max)
    CB has been ominous all month long.
    :(

natj, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  3. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    =
    lol I think flaming them will not get a response from them dude, m,aybe the niche you are in is dying or you getting some competition from other dudes...

Patchkaa, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  4. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly so.

And it looks like Clickbank just lie and lie and lie about it and perhaps even imagine they're fooling people because each complaint they deal with is "just an individual". Still, they must be cursing internet forums where affiliates can actually get together, share their experiences, and realise how completely incompetent Clickbank really is. Maybe they're starting to realise now that you can't behave like that indefinitely without people realising what's going on and doing something about it. I'd like to think that their service might improve as a result, but to be honest I'm not holding my breath.

alexa_s, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  5. Ryodan

Ryodan Peon

Best Answers:
    Surely there must be some genius who visits digitalforums who could build a website with a similar marketing model as Clickbank, but with better payment processing.

The reason why Clickbank sucks is because it has no competition in digital products affiliate marketing. CJ, Amazon, and the other are non-direct competition. Once its done, people could start migrating there.

The truth is no matter how much people complain in forums, it would not even bother the Clickbank bigwigs a bit if there is no actual serious action done.

There are a couple of ways to force Clickbank to improve its system.

1. A lawsuit

2. Competition

3. Media Pressure

...or..

4. Send a hot girl to seduce the Clickbank CEO and make him do stuff

..though the last one could not be as effective since Clickbank has been acting gay lately.

Ryodan, Dec 24, 2008 IP
    Proness likes this.
  6. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    The problem with setting up a decent competitor is the risk. If Clickbank suddenly realise and then clean up their own shop, the new competitor is doomed.

rolf, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  7. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually it's very hard to build something similar to CB. Because unlike other networks, Clickbank is able to process CC orders, other networks like PDC and Click2Sell process only paypal.

Furthemore, you have to wait to get paid from the publisher from such networks, and there is a possibility that the publisher won't pay you.

It's very hard and costly to set up a network that will be able to process credit card orders, that's why Clickbank has no competition

Ripped, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  8. markov

markov Peon

Best Answers:
    How are the sales today? I didn't observe a single sale with 130plus hops.

markov, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  9. alexa_s

alexa_s Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you.

But there's a huge opportunity there for someone entrepreneurial enough, and with the right experience and enough finance, to set up a major competitor, perhaps in partnership with a bank which can handle the credit-card side of things. The market-place is huge and ever-growing. Something really well-managed and providing a professional service to publishers, affiliates and customers could easily, within 3 years, be 3 times the size that Clickbank is now. We're talking Big League here.

And there's never been a better time to do it than right now, while people are finally starting to realise what a crap service Clickbank actually provides and how much they lie to people about it when things go wrong.

alexa_s, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  10. taraff1

taraff1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Seems as though credit cards have been processing for the product in question, at least, for the past couple days.

To the person who said I was "flaming" CB...come on! Did you read the emails I sent them? If anything I was kissing their a$$.

I find it amazing when people just blindly accept things because they are doing OK. It may not be an issue affecting everyone, but when issues are suspected, they should certainly be discussed.

I've made good money, even through all the issue, but that's not the issue. I know what my typical conversions and traffic are, and when something seems off, as a marketer, it is my job to figure out why. And if I can rule Clickbank out of the problem (or not), that put me one step closer to figuring it out.

Jim

taraff1, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  11. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats right, I emailed them recently and i got the below reply:

----------------------------------------------------
    Hello ******,

I recommend the customers contact their credit card companies first, to determine if there is an issue with the provider that can be resolved. If their credit card companies deny declining any charges, then the card or cards were declined by our risk management system. This is a separate authorization system, so we cannot provide any information regarding the decline. They may try using a different credit card or allowing 24-48 hours to lapse before making another attempt, but if they continue to have problems, we suggest they contact you, the publisher, directly to make other payment arrangements. Unfortunately, ClickBank cannot override any decline or process transactions manually.

We know it can be frustrating. Accepting credit cards over the internet is a dangerous business. For us and our clients, it is better that we err on the side of caution. Other services may have a less stringent security system and therefore may also incur a higher percentage of fraud, which can be costly. We do our best to protect our clients from this.

We appreciate your understanding.

Best Regards,

XXXXXX
    ClickBank Customer Service
    www.clickbank.com

----------------------------------------------------------

Clickbank is digging its own grave, im sure that a few years from now clickbank will be something of the past.

web_18designer, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  12. Mr. Mojorisin

Mr. Mojorisin Peon

Best Answers:
    By erring on the side of caution I would estimate that with some products they are declining about 60% of real business. Seriously, if your product is offered on another network then switch and see how big of a difference it makes.

Mr. Mojorisin, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  13. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Last I checked, clickbank does have a lot of competition, have you tried 2checkout?

pc_user, Dec 25, 2008 IP
  14. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Actually Clickbank doesn't have a lot of competition, that's why so many people stick with them, where else can you get an army of rabid affiliates?

terryd, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  15. rolf

rolf Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that is difficult to achieve at all, nor costly.

rolf, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  16. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well if Mike Filsame tried and failed to equal Clickbank with all his resources, isn't that a clue? :D

terryd, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  17. Ryodan

Ryodan Peon

Best Answers:
    There is always a difference when someone is just trying to equal something rather then trying to surpass it.

And its definitely difficult. You'll need to start hiring people, and eventually provide an office space. A lot of paperwork, technical difficulties and all that stuff. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

Ryodan, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  18. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is what most bigger CPA's use, have a look/demo it - I don't think you realize how much goes into a new network, not to doubt anyone or any group either but it's so many levels deep that you probably haven't thought about yet that chances are unless you have a lot of exec experience at a network, you'd sink quickly... http://www.directtrack.com/ << That's the tech side, and I hear it still has flaws but is the most respected for in-house progs...

N.

NCMedia, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  19. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually Mike Filsame, didnt tried to replicate clickbank, he managed to do a different clickbank which is more like his large marketing platform and we are all his potential customers. If you try paydotcom you know what i mean...

web_18designer, Dec 26, 2008 IP
  20. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah I know what you mean.

It was a shame though as it was touted as a competitive alternative to clickbank when he launched it but it never really attained those heights.

I'm not sure why he didn't go a few steps more to really make a go of it?

terryd, Dec 26, 2008 IP