1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank is a SCAM! Closed account for no reason

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by warman2442, Jun 16, 2008.

1. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    This is total BS. I have two accounts and nothing like this ever happen to me or to anyone I know. What would you need to do to get your account closed? I know, you have to be a vendor and cheat your affiliates out of commission.. LOL Was this the case with your account?

baumann93, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  2. Exilus

Exilus Banned

Best Answers:
    oh my god! thank you for warning me! ive been with them for 6 months and been receving my checks every 15 days! many thanks now ill know what to think of them!

Exilus, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  3. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    The OP posted on june 16th, Clickbank had an update around the 18th.

I am just speculating that maybe they had the update to 'plug a bug' they uncovered that was being used by the OP.

It might not have been written in the TOS, but was deemed misuse of the account and therefore terminated. It would be good to know the reason why they closed the account as they will have stated a reason - even if it is an ambiguous reason.

Ganceann, Jun 23, 2008 IP
  4. warman2442

warman2442 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its not BS baumann93, They said its fraud related, a few buyers did some fraud somehow, probably a stolen CC ? Even if it was that they shouldnt ban me they should just ban the IP/Users that did the fraud since i cant prevent that crap.

Tyler

warman2442, Jun 24, 2008 IP
  5. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Make your rebuttal with Clickbank. Write a long defense letter. Come out clean and guiltless. In truth, there is no need to explain.

Bohol, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  6. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure you can get it back, but it's in the best interest of everyone to ban affiliates that seem to pull in a lot of fraud related activity.

Supper, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  7. s3lim-marketing

s3lim-marketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Try picking up the phone and CALLING clickbank. Emailing won't get you very far.

s3lim-marketing, Jun 25, 2008 IP
  8. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Bohol, Jun 27, 2008 IP
  9. phall2008

phall2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I can see where CB is coming from. They get charged a lot of fees when someone initiates a chargeback. Also their merchants accounts don't like it either and will usually have some sort of a rule against how many they can have before they lose their merchant account.

You are seeing it as I finally made money and they shut me down. CB is looking at the account and losing a lot of money for them at the moment.

What you need to understand is CB is not out to get people making them money, they are only out to get the ones losing money that are also risking them losing their merchant account.

You also need to understand is that you really aren't making money if there are SO many instances of fraud going on. On chargebacks you lose all that commission anyhow. So that's not really making money. I don't think CB can actually charge you the chargeback fees that they get charged. I'm not 100% on this, but if they could you would probably see that you actually were losing money.

In the end, if you are able to get the account back you need to find other ways to make money that doesn't risk your account.

Also CB allows you to keep opening new accounts. Just create a new free email. There are so many ways to do so these days. Then just change the ID on the links to the new CB ID, and voila!

I still urge you to find a different way to be making money. Wherever you are posting your ID now is getting you a lot of fraud hits. CB should have a way by now to determine where the traffic is coming from. There are ways to track this. If you aren't sure where the bad traffic is coming from you need to know to avoid that like the plague. Wherever the bad fraud traffic is coming from you want to avoid like the plague. It will only continue to get account after account banned. And then the fraud will really be on your hands.

phall2008, Nov 14, 2010 IP
  10. abbesnwk

abbesnwk Peon

Best Answers:
    Why I don't belive you? Clickbank is winning money if you make sales, moreover is the first time I've heard of a closed clickbank account...
    What have you done ? :D

abbesnwk, Sep 17, 2012 IP