1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Hops to Sales, what ratio should I aim for?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by gggirl, May 10, 2009.

I have recently started using clickbank for my new affilate site and getting a few hops, but no sales yet. I was wondering
    what is the sweet spot or a good average to aim for of hops to sales. How many hops should I get before making a sale?

gggirl, May 10, 2009 IP
  2. Dell Merk

Dell Merk Banned

Best Answers:
    Aim 1:20. If you get to 1:35, you're good :) It all depends on a sales letter, copywriting etc.

Dell Merk, May 10, 2009 IP
  3. gggirl

gggirl Banned

Best Answers:
    Ahhh Ok so 390 hops & no sales is bad then? mmmm, now to figure out what I am doing wrong :(

gggirl, May 10, 2009 IP
  4. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, everyone is going to tell you that it depends on a number of variables(product, pricing, promotion method, promotion materials,who was your audience) so there is no hard and fast answer.

Assuming all of the above variables are somewhat decent I would say you should try to average no less than $.50 of sales revenue per hop. If it is less than that you need to make changes somewhere.

Good luck!

Searchnology.com, May 10, 2009 IP
  5. Dell Merk

Dell Merk Banned

Best Answers:
    I didn't say that. I said that you should aim for 1:20. In the beginning, it will probably be much, much higher :)

Dell Merk, May 10, 2009 IP
  6. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    Second that. You should check what searchnology said to find a way for your product.

tanakanewyork, May 11, 2009 IP
  7. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I personally aim for 1:20 average (some products convert higher, some lower) - I think anything above 1:50 is acceptable though.

hamidap, May 11, 2009 IP
  8. marcusio

marcusio Peon

Best Answers:
    It really depends on what your traffic is like and what your niche is like.

e.g one of my niches I get a conversion rate of 1:150 but I am fine with this as the traffic is not highly targetted for buying but it is easy to get hold of a lot of traffic, whereas another of my niches converts at an amazing 1:3-5 (I send them a course of around 10 emails with the hop in only the last 2) but traffic is harder to come by.

In the end I try to judge my success based on hours put in:money received, rather than hops! You should do this to especially if you are venturing into different niches.

marcusio, May 11, 2009 IP
  9. dzoniij

dzoniij Member

Best Answers:
    it depends how you get traffic if it is adwords then i think should be ~1:30-1:100
    I think even if traffic is not very well targeted it should not be higher than 1:300
    for example I can get free traffic ~1000 hops day working less than 30 minutes day. this traffic even is not from english speaking country but still my product (survey site) converts 1:259
    For my adwords campaigns my average conversation rate is ~1:20-1:70 but still if you got only 359 hops it is not significant number to make conclusions. As i told in other threads sometimes i got 2 sales from 4 hops :D sometimes 1:2500 but after some tens of thousands hops and hundreds of sales I can make conclusion that my product converts 1:259 1:70 etc.

dzoniij, May 11, 2009 IP
  10. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    do you guys actually GET 1:20?? this contradicts any observations i made.Even with very good and convincing review pages you would be VERY lucky to get 1:20...

GeorgR., May 12, 2009 IP
  11. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    Some of our affiliates said they get 1:15. They got 1:10 when the economy is good. You know the economy is bad now, so their conversion down a little.

tanakanewyork, May 12, 2009 IP
  12. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Look at their sig link and it should answer your question.

1% conversion is standard for targeted traffic.

dcristo, May 12, 2009 IP
  13. mr.trusted

mr.trusted Peon

Best Answers:
    1 : 20 ??? it's that mean 1 transaction from 20 hops ?

mr.trusted, May 12, 2009 IP
  14. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Yeah but don't be disappointed if you're not getting the same conversions because I doubt the accuracy of the claims.

1:100 is good try and improve on that.

dcristo, May 12, 2009 IP
  15. tanakanewyork

tanakanewyork Guest

Best Answers:
    1:100 will lose your money.

tanakanewyork, May 12, 2009 IP
  16. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    What an ignorant statement.

Firstly, if you do SEO you are getting free traffic.

Secondly, if you are getting cheap enough clicks on adwords and promoting the right merchant you can still make money with a 1:100 conversion.

dcristo, May 12, 2009 IP
  17. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    thats what EVERY vendor says. <-- lol

The reality is that the AVERAGE CB conversion rate is about 1:85, and 1:20 is about as unrealistic as it gets. Prove me that you have a product converting 1:20 and i am the first one doing PPC with it.

As for losing money..it depends on keyword bid prices...but i can tell you it is extremely, extremely unlikely you make profit with 1:80 - 1:100 conversion paying $0.20++ on adwords for a merely $30 payout ONCE each 80+/ clicks. (The huge majority of products on CB pay only up to $30, often less.)

GeorgR., May 13, 2009 IP
  18. Searchnology.com

Searchnology.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Great post!...finally someone is doing the simple math.

Searchnology.com, May 13, 2009 IP
  19. GeorgR.

GeorgR. Peon

Best Answers:
    1:100 is "ok", rather on the unlucky side but often seen. 1:85 is a rate which many big CB products have, eg. "sixpack abs"...and many other "big vendors" are pretty close hovering around the 80ish +/- mark in terms of conversions.

YOU CAN, however, try to increase conversions with stellar review sites, some outstanding made review sites which basically pre-sell - but it is still a gamble and if you come even close to 1:20-1:30 you are really, REALLY lucky.

If you even attempt to do some math and take average search volume for keywords into account, BID PRICES as well as typical conversion rate 1:80...AND the actual payout for a clickbank product you will see that MOST/MANY products make it mathematically impossible even to make profit when it comes to PPC. (Let alone BIG profits because often the search-volume is just not there to even MAKE certain amounts/day)

The exception is you would get into a new, untapped niche with extremely low keywords (maybe MAX $0.10 bid, even lower, more like $0.05)...but then there is a chance that the search volume for this KW is actually so low that its impossible to make it worthwile.

GeorgR., May 13, 2009 IP
  20. gggirl

gggirl Banned

Best Answers:
    GeorgR, I really like your honesty. Would you be willing to take a look at my site via pm and tell me where I am going wrong?
    I'd really appreciate your input if it's not too much to ask :eek:
    PS: Those sig links are not mine they are rented

gggirl, May 13, 2009 IP