1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank having problems today?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by venrooy, Jan 29, 2009.

1. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    Its more than just a theory, fraud detection is normally done in layers - with each layer taking care of detecting a particular fraud type. And this is not just clickbank, the majority of payment processors works this way.

From experience we can conclude (to a certain extend) that clickbank have at least these type of fraud detection:

- Single credit card Blocking - if you buy multiple items (like 5 purchases) in a short period of time your credit card will be blocked. (Clickbank think the card is stolen and you are buying lot of stuff with it)

- Affiliate - if an affiliate send traffic to a product, and that traffic try to fiddle with the payment processor and therefore flagged as high risk. Clickbank block all transaction from that traffic for a period of time. This because in clickbank's eyes, the affiliate is sending high risk traffic.

- Publisher - If lot of high risk transactions are detected, it is known that all transactions get rejected for a period of time. Sometimes hours, sometimes more.

Well, the actual variables can never be revealed (if you dont work for clickbank) since it would compromise their usage, but we have enough evidence to know how some of them work

web_18designer, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  2. karabas

karabas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What would be an example of "high rist traffic" sent by affiliate?

karabas, Jan 31, 2009 IP
  3. No.2

No.2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm also interested in this. Have been flat for the past 4 days. Went in to do a test mode sale (publisher on this account) and I received "Unable to process your order at this time". Not good. For whatever reason. Not good. Quick email off to CB. Will await response and report.

When everyone talks about the CB shuffle, how can a publisher do this? Wouldn't he have to have the product approved in multiple accounts?

No.2, Feb 1, 2009 IP
  4. web_18designer

web_18designer Peon

Best Answers:
    It depends, and only clickbank can know how they flag such traffic.

But as an example, lets say im an affiliate, I have a website on a particular topic and i send traffic to a particular product. If some of that traffic uses stolen credit cards clickbank will flag all the traffic as high risk and stop all transactions for that affiliate and so on.

Clickank mother company offers fraud detection as a service as well - and they explain such issues in detail.

web_18designer, Feb 2, 2009 IP
  5. CinqueDous

CinqueDous Peon

Best Answers:
    These few last days seems especially bad though. Like someone before in the thread, I have about 10-15 sales per day and since about 1am yesterday I haven´t seen more than one sale, and in the same time my traffic has increased about 50%. I do believe there is something fishy going on and I am utterly worried about it. Also, this is a "dip within the dip" - a year ago I would be making 30-40 sales per day with this traffic.

CinqueDous, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  6. Liquid Snake

Liquid Snake Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been hearing stories about clickbank not paying for about noe month now.
    I am member on many IM forums, and it started a little bit before christmas.. people started noticing that some days they were simply NOT paid..

I am seriously thinking about dropping clickbank instead of giving them my commissions..

Liquid Snake, Feb 3, 2009 IP
  7. drosera1

drosera1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the products i`m promoting as an affiliate have really not been selling well the last few days. No amount of tweaking has changed results. After 4 e-mails to Clickbank (with their senior account rep) i was told this (amongst other things):

"Our fraud system may be declining customers (no more than normal, but if a larger portion of the customers attempting to purchase are declined, it may seem so"

What? Did i read that correctly? In basic English, they are sort-of admitting that their fraud system IS the issue. Is anybody else experiencing this slump within the last 3 days?

drosera1, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  8. gcashhome

gcashhome Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes for the past 2 days, I have gone from 8-10 sales a day to nothing yesterday.
    Its like having 200$ - 400$ on one product to 0$ on that product yesterday. I have mailed 3 times but never got a reply.

I am thinking of stopping my PPC campaign for now.

gcashhome, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  9. No.2

No.2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nope, wasn't CB. Just a bad run of luck. Haven't heard back from them via email though.

No.2, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  10. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Dudes you gotta remember people are not spending as much now since xmas has finished.

Patchkaa, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  11. kingbrend

kingbrend Active Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed a slight slow down the past couple days... let's not hope it lasts.. upping my efforts.

kingbrend, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  12. danc1122

danc1122 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have 2 accounts that have been making sales everyday for months... and in both account... I had zero yesterday.

I'd hate to me an "excuse" and blame it on Clickbank... but I do find it VERY odd. Maybe just bad luck though?

danc1122, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  13. DanielSpider

DanielSpider Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had a coversion in 14 days and yesterday I had 6 (4xdaily median for good periods). I would guess that their order-notification system has been down for quite a while and they are batch inserting previous orders.

DanielSpider, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  14. Dlocks

Dlocks Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think the order system was down. I don't see strange fluctuations. Currently about 60 conversions per day.

And when you have 0 conversions in 14 days where you should have 4 each day then you should have checked if the order page page was working 14 days ago. So something tells me 0 sales in 14 days is not that abnormal your you ;)

Dlocks, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  15. natj

natj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The only problem I'm seeing right now is that I'm getting refunds from sales made almost 4 months ago (more than 90 days).

That's really bad and kinda sucks :(

It's like buyers are going through their old CB receipts to see if they can scavenge money from their purchases.

natj, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  16. Dlocks

Dlocks Peon

Best Answers:
    You must contact CB about this because after 60 days all sales are final. Unless the publisher is giving away refunds. But that is also not possible after 90 days.

Dlocks, Feb 7, 2009 IP