1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank article marketing journal

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Supper, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the praise everyone. And yeah Sean, keywords help a lot. Articles that make it to the front page of google bring back a lot of page views and clicks.

Student-Forums, the stuff below will explain.

----------------

I got another sale in the wee hours of the morning last night. Bam $60.99 commission.

This makes me eligible for my first paycheck.

This is the end of my journal.

I'll leave you guys with some of my stats.

Total clicks: 760

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The last picture is my stats over the last 30 days. The one blacked out is unrelated to the article marketing experiment.

------

The journal ends on day 36. The funny part is that I never got my first sale until day 23. That means in the last 2 weeks I got all my sales. It was a fun interesting journey and I learned a lot. I thank everyone that followed along for your help, encouragement and questions. When I first started this journal I really deep down didn't think I was going to get anywhere. I thought maybe one fluke sale. I decided to put faith in the process instead of instant gratification. It pays off. It was tough plowing out articles for 23 days without a sale, but it payed off.

What I've learned...

- Write consistently overtime rather than sporadicly.
    - Your writing style should consist of "here's the problem, this product is the solution" or "here's the problem, here's a difficult solution, this product makes it easy". When I started writing like that, I started to get sales.
    - I've had my best results selling high gravity high competition stuff. I had my worst results selling low gravity stuff. Just an observation. I'm pretty sure something that has decent gravity and isn't competitive would probably be good.
    - Make sure you rewrite your articles and put them on your site as well. Google will find them and you'll make some sales that way. You don't have any strict ezine article guidelines, so you can put your hoplinks right in the articles.
    - My best resource links at the bottom of articles were the ones where I said something about a free ebook. The worst were things that said , "Joe Blow is the author of this website." I've got a solid 10% CTR with "For more information on *topic*, goto *my sales page*"
    - I knew nothing about sales pages, so if I was selling a product, I'd look at their sales page and try to mimic it. I would use different words and structure, but I'd work to get the same points across with similar structure.
    -Lastly, do keyword research for your articles. Keyword research can be the difference between getting 30 page views and a 1000 page views. http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com/

Well, that's it. Gonna put the link in my siggy for others to view.

What I'm doing now is diversifying my article submitting. I'm spending more time rewriting articles and submitting them to more article sites. This means less overall articles, but more article site backlinks.

My next journal shall be about email marketing, but I won't be starting that until I get my paycheck. Until than, I'm going to work on continuously submitting articles to various article sites and I'm going to keep working on my article marketing adsense experiment.

Thanks for viewing.

Supper, Apr 26, 2008 IP
    Pixel Concepts and Farmer77 like this.
  2. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    BONUS REPORT:

It's been about 1hr 30 mins since I wrote my final report. Just checked clickbank again, and ANOTHER SALE!!! $60.99 commission. Boo yeah. I'm officially dancing "lord of the dance" style.

Supper, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  3. lolzita

lolzita Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Supper, congratulation on your success :)
    I have PMed you, can you please check your inbox?

thank you very much
    lolz

lolzita, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  4. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks man.

I have no new messages in my inbox.

Supper, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  5. rob33

rob33 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    HEY Supper, Congrats Man. One peice of advice that you gave which did hit me was not to write sporadically but continually, thats been my achilles heel till now.

Well done Pal, thanks for your tips answers along the way, especially the 30 day number- all helped immeasurably.

Look forward to following in your success, cheers mate.

rob33, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  6. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    You da' man, suppa'.

Can't believe your determination with this, thanks for this thread, it's an inspiration :)

lemonarian, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  7. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's great.
    Congratulations!
    (Waiting for the email list journal).
    nadavs

nadavs, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  8. bossballa

bossballa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    congrats, great thread!

bossballa, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  9. students-forum

students-forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well Supper. All I can say is congratulations. I presume you'll be continuing affiliate marketing? Thanks for letting us in on this great journey!

students-forum, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  10. megarudy

megarudy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Once again Supper congrats, I rated your thread with 5 stars,you actually show people that they can have success with article marketing and all they need to do is hard work. 132 articles, that's very impressive mate.

BTW next time you post a screenshot block the vendors name instead of the TID.

Good luck to you in the future and Enjoy that first check.

megarudy, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  11. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the congrats everyone. I will continue doing article marketing. I have no plans on messing with something that has worked for me.

Here's the funny thing, I started this journal as an unemployed person. I was just living on my savings at the time and I didn't expect to make this much. I even had a job interview next week, but if I make another sale this weekend, I'm not going. I'll continuing doing this.

The plan right now is to continuing doing what I've been doing for the last 36 days with this journal. I'm also doing my article marketing experiment with adsense. The next journal will be for email marketing which will be a very interesting one.

I know this is the clickbank forum, but an update on my adsense experiment. Never got any clicks all week. I was submitting 2 articles a day for it. Well, starting to get one click a day lol. I know, sucks right, but I know it'll keep building as I keep plowing along.

Exactly. I wrote the journal just to see what would happen. To sort of give myself some accountability. The number one reason people stop article marketing is because they quit after only a few articles. Well, the journal shows everyone, that I went 23 days without a sale, all the while pumping out articles. I felt like quiting, but I kept pumping articles out. It payed off. It payed off big time.

It's like article marketing is pushing a car. At first it's difficult to even get it moving and when you do it's moving so slow, but after time it starts to move faster and faster. Almost like a snow ball affect.
    Edit: lol. Just after I wrote that, I went and checked my stats. Another sale. It was only from an $18 commission product, but that's cool. Three friggin sales today. I'm blown away. And there's still more than 6hrs left in the day(pacific time of course lol)

Supper, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  12. terryd

terryd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Outstanding contribution to the forum Supper and I think the best thing is you can take a little break if you choose to and you will still make money from your work.

It just goes to show if you sit down with a goal in mind and don't get so easily distracted ,you can make money online!

terryd, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  13. tpc

tpc Peon

Best Answers:
    Congrats Supper! I'm so happy for you cause I know how it feels. It won't be long now until you are making 1-2 sales every day.

tpc, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  14. Chris429

Chris429 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks so much, Supper, for this thread. You are such an inspiration. Your perseverance and determination to succeed is commendable. I was about to give up after having no success for 2 whole months with 12 live articles but having read you have more than 100 live articles to generate those sales tells me that I definately have to do a lot more. Now you have rejuvenated my quest to succeed in AM.

Congrats on your success.

Chris

Chris429, Apr 26, 2008 IP
  15. frederik

frederik Peon

Best Answers:
    Congratulations Supper I do article marketing myself and indeed it's very profitable. The cool part about article marketing is that articles can generate sales even months after the submission.

frederik, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  16. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well done. It's always a pleasure to read threads like this. Congratz :)

bl4ckmaN^, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  17. nino2007

nino2007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Supper...I like your thread, wish you more success. I also pumped up 33 articles this week, but my question is: When I submit my articles they have many views and very high CTR, and some make some sales but after one or two days they receive low, very low impressions. How do I prevent that or it's no problem because they will still make sales. I feel like I write only 1 day articles and I feel those articles will not make me any more sales if it didn't in the first day.What do you recommend?

Also the articles that made you sales, are on the front page in google?for your targeted keyword?

nino2007, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  18. students-forum

students-forum Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hahaha more sales! Jives! I look forward to your adsense journal!

students-forum, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  19. Supper

Supper Peon

Best Answers:
    Another $54 commission in the wee hours of the morning. Oh yeah!

Thanks for the congrats everyone. I'm still pretty blown away. I hoping to get some sales during the weekdays now.

That's awesome dude. Pump out the articles. I don't think I got a sale until I had like 60 articles. It's food for thought.

Exactly. It's like I have real estate online and it'll always generate me a cash flow.

I think that happens to everyone. Focus on keywords and hope people pick up your article. Page views go down drastically, but you still get a small flow of consistent traffic, it does add up after time. You also have to remember too the instant high views at the first aren't necessarily of people interested in buying, but webmasters looking for articles for their site. I think when people bump into them from search engines months down the road have a much higher conversation rate. I don't have any evidence of that of course, but it's what I think.

To be honest, I'm not really sure which ones generate the sales. But I'm pretty confident conversion rates are best with SE traffic.

I don't think I'll actually make a thread here at dp, since it seems like a waste of time to make posts like "wrote my two articles, made 10cents today" lol. I'm going to setup a twitter for it.

Thanks again everyone,

Here's a question, when do they send out the checks? lol

I know the pay period ends May 1st, but not sure when they send it.

Supper, Apr 27, 2008 IP
  20. lemonarian

lemonarian Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man. You're having some serious successes with this. Could you give a real example on one of your landing pages? A lot of books and stuff are all hyped up and fake, and your stuff actually works. So, it would be awesome to see what you do.

lemonarian, Apr 27, 2008 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.