1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

ClickBank and Craigslist

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by BusinessMinded08, Sep 5, 2008.

Okay, so I've screwed around with Yahoo Answers, Craigslist, US Free Ads and neither one is providing anything solid (as in they're not doing sh** to be straight with you.)

So what I'd like to ask is that how does anyone do Craigslist marketing specifically without getting your ad removed? What is really pissing me off is I am seeing hundreds, if not thousands of other advertisements and I can't seem to keep mines on there.

Any help would be greatful for newbie CL marketers like myself in hopes of actually getting some conversions.

BusinessMinded08, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  2. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    craigslist isn't easy. I use the sml biz section and I've never been flagged.

what you have to do is keep changing every time you post a new ad.

new title,new description, for each new ad.

don't keep linking to same site, craigslist will notice the same site getting linked out to and will block it.

Use an image for your ad, with a few sentences before and after the image, that's what many do. And don't make it clickable, put your web address in the image and you more than likely wont get your post removed by craigslist seeing a link too many times.

If your post keeps getting removed for a certain city, move on.
    there may someone intent on flagging spammy posts for their city.

just don't overpost and you'll be ok:)

eikliw, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  3. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ Its crazy though because I tried in the small biz section and for my first time it was flagged, yet countless others have images that link to a website and they remain fine so I really dont understand it.

I put like a few sentences after the image but NOT before, maybe that's why.

Anyway, any more advice would be appreciated!!!

4. bl4ckmaN^

bl4ckmaN^ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure about Craiglist and USFreeAds, but Yahoo Answers seem to work for some people here.

Just make sure you put realistic answers....not like you if you are trying to sell something.

bl4ckmaN^, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  5. www.buxincome.com

www.buxincome.com Guest

Best Answers:
    I find that the small biz section typically receives less flagging. It's hard to really offer any advice because what your ad is for will determine if its going to get flagged. If it fits within the section you are posting and isnt obvious plain spam, then the only reason I can think of that would cause your ad to be flagged is that someone doesn't want you competing with them or they just have too much time on their hands.

www.buxincome.com, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  6. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ Probably the best thing I heard in a while. I got a strong feeling it might be my fault though because I'm including an affiliate link. I've tried to cloak it with a "shortened URL" yet it still gets flagged. Could this be the issue?

7. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    well yeah. naturally if anyone sees an affiliate link on craigslist they will flag it.
    do you not have your own landing page? If not, you should consider one.
    craigslist and its users both recognize popular url shorteners, so either avoid them by using your own site, or use new or lesser known ones.
    But like I and buxincome said, someone could just be flag happy in the city your trying to post, so use different cities

eikliw, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  8. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to advertise on Clickbank without getting flagged, is to set up an autoresponder. You don't even have to put a link in the ad. Just advertise your product, then have the responses go to an email address that has an auto-responder set up on it. Then you can auto-respond with the link.

venrooy, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  9. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    The fact is that honestly I have no knowledge of what to put on a landing page so maybe a resourceful site could help me out please. Also, I did advertise in different cities (New York, Atlanta, Miami, Baltimore and Chicago.) All were flagged within' 5 minutes of being posted up. Either its active or there is somebody approving it and then flagging it instantly.

Nice tip, I never thought about that, I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Now I just need to find an autoresponder that is free and good! :)

10. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:

If you use a gmail email address, you can set it up with a vacation auto-response. I've used it many times w/ clickbank.

venrooy, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  11. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not a bad idea. I'll give it a shot, if I make anything I definitely owe you :)

EDIT: Hmmmmmm, now its saying I've exceeded my posting volume limit or something like that so I am not sure what's going on. Anybody able to explain?

12. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    make a new account, you've posted too much:D

the auto responder idea is excellent and I've used it as well, although I get much more traffic by taking that extra step out of it and directing them to a page of mine in some way

eikliw, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  13. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL, its not that hard...

Unfortunately won't it ask me to verify my phone number with the new account? I have a second account but unfortunately it won't let me phone verify with my number because my phone number is on the other account. So now what?

14. eikliw

eikliw Active Member

Best Answers:
    you have to use a different number. use a friends cell or something. you can buy verified craigslist accounts online too, I've never tried this, but you can google it

eikliw, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  15. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ Good idea but yeah, I'm not really looking to have to purchase a Craigslist account, I'd pay someone to post it up first. Let's see what happens :)

16. venrooy

venrooy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've heard of people using their ebay affiliate program with the clickbank auto-responder as well. This is how it was explained to me - you just post on craigslist anything nice you find listed on ebay. Then when someone responds, your auto-responder sends them to ebay through your affiliate link.

I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like it could work.

venrooy, Sep 5, 2008 IP
  17. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    ^^ Against eBay's terms... its considered I believe "email marketing" which is not allowed in eBay's terms unless you have permission if I remember correctly, so I doubt it would work.

18. wowhaxor

wowhaxor Banned

Best Answers:
    Alright then...

wowhaxor, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  19. BusinessMinded08

BusinessMinded08 Peon

Best Answers:
    newindia: What is your concept really all about!?!?

BusinessMinded08, Sep 6, 2008 IP
  20. autoprt

autoprt Peon

Best Answers:
    Your post about making the ad local was a lifesaver.
    I was only able to come up with 3 craigslist accounts so i am able to
    post a total of 9 ads a day in services section.

this morning i couldn't post anything it said i exceeded the number.
    i went back and cleared my cache waited about 15 mins and typed the ads sporadically using local flavor the city name in the ad and a local telephone number, i then went checked the source as you said the info was in and it appeared.

i then went back and edited it and everything is working fine.

thanks so much.

autoprt, Oct 9, 2008 IP