1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clickbank Account Link Deactivation

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by rparker, Oct 9, 2006.

Hello guys, I just received a strange message from clickbank today. It reads:

Hello,

Your links to the account "richjerk" have been deactivated at the vendor's request.

Ok. I have a website http://www.richjerkscams.com but I do sell some of his ebooks too. What is this deactivation nonsense? Is it normal?

Ryan

rparker, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  2. motheninja

motheninja Peon

Best Answers:
    wow, I've not seen that before. this is good to know, from a vendor's perspective. but still, I don't think i would have done that if you were promoting my product... publicity is publicity.

motheninja, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  3. latiff

latiff Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you want to profit from the products of a person whom you claim to expose to have scammed people?

It's a question of integrity, I guess. Even then, even if the claims surrounding richjerk (it's becoming quite a notorious household name) turn out to be true, the vendor (richjerk) has a right to deactivate since he is the vendor.

latiff, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  4. GADOOD

GADOOD Peon

Best Answers:
    He doesn't claim the Rich Jerk is a scam but it's hard to distinguish that with titles and a domain name of 'Rich Jerk Scam' - and because it's hard to distinguish and people think this guy is claiming it's a scam (when he isn't) I guess this puts the vendor in a position where he must act.

Considering 'Rich Jerk' is a trademark (according to richjerk.com) I'm suprised he hasn't gone after the domain name too.

Pete

GADOOD, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  5. edwinsoft

edwinsoft Peon

Best Answers:
    cool. this is the first time i heard it. so did clickbank deactivate the money u made from that site?

edwinsoft, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  6. baumann93

baumann93 Peon

Best Answers:
    Especially richjerk publicity :D I guess RichJerk got offended by the word "scam" the domain name :)

baumann93, Oct 13, 2006 IP
  7. Franck S

Franck S Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the first time I heard that too.

It's strange, since you were promoting his ebook, and making him money.

Did you try to ask Clickbank if they can give you the reason?

Franck S, Oct 15, 2006 IP