1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Click My Ads- Priceless!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Claymation, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    I actually spoke to him on msn - I visited his site and added him to my messenger - he was online. I advised he take the site down since it was committing clickfraud.

In this case it was not that he was deliberately trying to commit clickfraud - just the fact that he was told that was how he should do it by someone on a different forum and that it was ok by google. I believe it was naivety and the fact he had only just signed upto adsense and was taking advice from the wrong type of people.

He has taken the site down (I said it was best bet due to this post as well as any other posts that may be in other forums). I also advised him to contact google about the situation and for them to then resolve it.

I know the TOS does not allow ignorance of the rules, but with it being such a new account, the funds being returned to the advertisers who were affected and the account balance being set at zero would be fine.

The cumulative affect of people visiting from this thread and any other threads would have meant people clicking the ads were actually the ones committing clickfraud (since anyone who knows the adsense TOS would not have clicked an ad - if they did, it meant they were also helping him do it).

Needless to say there are likely countless people who get caught up by the prospect of making money via adsense and I have seen more blatant - large scale websites, going to greater lengths to get people clicking on adverts, they simply got a warning asking them to make amendments to the site or face expulsion... In my experience then, if he were banned for this it would be wrong while there are some larger websites that got a warning email - even though they were blatant MFA sites with no original content (just scraped content hidden way down the page below a 1000 pixel height blank image and with only 3 blocks of 300x250 google ads visible to visitors - and below the scraped content were tonnes of links to sites that were duplicate or near duplicate content but with the same set-up).

Ganceann, Aug 5, 2006 IP
    kyoku2 likes this.
  2. ringtonegeezer

ringtonegeezer Peon

Best Answers:
    It would be better if the Google team played along with him.
    So he thought if he got to like 80 thousand dollars US he would be smiling then next day the dreaded GOogle email
    Your banned
    :))))))))

ringtonegeezer, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  3. Gareth_Boyd

Gareth_Boyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've blogged about the topic... Look at my personal blog... look at my sig!

Gareth_Boyd, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  4. khin007

khin007 Banned

Best Answers:
    that s really funny .. LOL

hope that it will happen soon.

khin007, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  5. Gareth_Boyd

Best Answers:
    Everyone would slag him Lol!

6. iceberg

iceberg Notable Member

Best Answers:
    poor he..... ;)

iceberg, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  7. BlueDevilMedia

BlueDevilMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Someone should have saved a screen shot.

BlueDevilMedia, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  8. chachacallis

chachacallis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    some people will never learn

chachacallis, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  9. Gareth_Boyd

Best Answers:
    Cough cough Lol!

10. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    And yet they make money. I see so many people every day abusing the system....

honey, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  11. iowadawg

iowadawg Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If it was ignorance and he just started, and now that someone talked to him and explained it, he is okay.
    Face it, some people have a huge learning curve when it comes to adsense.

iowadawg, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  12. Coast

Coast Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, but the first step on that learning curve should be to familiarise oneself with the AdSense T&C before one joins the program. Anybody who is too stupid or too lazy to bother only has themselves to blame for the consequences.

Coast, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  13. Ganceann

Ganceann Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, in this case I do believe it was his naievity and over excitement of the possibility of making money. However, as I also stated before, the very fact that if ANYONE who clicked on an advert on his site also had an adsense account then google would be right to ban those people also... afterall, clickfraud is not a one-way process, it may only take one person, but generally it is more than one person involved.

So all the people calling for him to be banned should consider if they actually clicked on any of his adverts that they should also be banned as they were the ones who actually knowingly contributed to clickfraud while he didn't even realise it was wrong ... he was simply led to believe that is how it was done due to the fact that is what he seen others doing.

In this case, the people knowingly clicking on the adverts were actually the people committing the clickfraud... and google can trace all adsense clicks so you could have put your own account in danger by trying to get a naive new adsense user banned.

Ganceann, Aug 5, 2006 IP
  14. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for asking Kevin. To set the record straight; it is NOT me! I have never had a myspace site and never attempted to encourage click fraud - Adsense is working fine for me without any dubious tactics, and I wouldn't want to spoil a good thing.

Imagine my surprise when I arrived back home from holiday and discovered this thread :eek: But on the positive side; I have received a fair few visitors to my blog as a result :D

T

Amsterdam, Aug 6, 2006 IP
  15. Gareth_Boyd

Best Answers:
    Hehe blaming him then??!

Gareth_Boyd, Aug 6, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.