1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

click fraud?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Googles76, Aug 24, 2005.

1. SiCK

SiCK Peon

Best Answers:
    I changed my ways with google adwords and my embroidery design site. Last year up until April this year, my ROI was averaging $5.00 a day per campaign. Somewhere after this, my ROI disappeared. Lots of clicks, no purchases. I can't afford that! So I turned off the "content network" option, so my only my ads show up on google, not on other's web sites. My ROI went to $18.00 *summer is slow for me*.

Where did the all the clicks go? I assume fraud. I'll never run an ad outside of google again, except for targeted ones (paying by CPM).

SiCK, Sep 10, 2005 IP
  2. IloveSuperpages.com

IloveSuperpages.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I hate to sound so "pro verizon" ..... this is why I think spending 5x's more for a CALL then a CLICK is such a better value. Pay For Call vs. Pay Per Click. It is nice when things are in place to keep calls in check... such as 15 second limits etc..... also Verizon has applied for a patent on PPC and Pay Per Call appearing on the same page. Since you guys are in the know... does MIVA have the same issues??

IloveSuperpages.com, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  3. nicknick

nicknick Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha ha ha. Those clickmonkey guys are funny. I interviewed with Pets.com before the bubble burst. The next thing I heard from them, they were on CNN as one of the companies going under. I find it amusing that they use them. I also like the lack of names for their testimonials. Former CEO? Come on...

And finally, if these guys were for real, why wouldn't they just set up their own Google accounts and make money. This is obviously a scam.

nicknick, Sep 28, 2005 IP
  4. CanaryWoolf

CanaryWoolf Peon

Best Answers:
    I keep an eye on the I.P. Addresses from my website stats (If you're paying for Adwords you need to pay serious attention to stats)

I've not yet seen anything suspicious but I know what you're getting at.

Some of the high click throughs are in the financial services industry and holidays - If your wicked it would be quite easy to waste the odd £10 or so in a single click!

CanaryWoolf, Oct 10, 2005 IP
  5. SEMWorld

SEMWorld Peon

Best Answers:
    The click monkey site a fake?! NEVER!

SEMWorld, Oct 11, 2005 IP