1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Click Bomb

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by karthimx, Mar 30, 2013.

1. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, this is a stupid question after I reply some here..
    How do we know the invalid clicks ?
    I am not check my earning everyday because my earning is only $10 a month :D, and I just login to check did I have invalid click..

bluebenz, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  2. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Two things I look for, if any clicks come from bot traffic or if one person clicks excessively on ads

soniqhost.com, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  3. bluebenz

bluebenz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How to identify one person click excessively on our ads ?
    Using google analytics or statcounter its only showing visits, not clicks on our ads..
    regarding bot traffic, its a bot that visit our site, right ?

bluebenz, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  4. karthimx

karthimx Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    how to report this to Google?

karthimx, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  5. dezinerite

dezinerite Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Click bomb...great term...same thing's happening to me, and it's affecting several of my websites. It's so annoying. I want to report it to Google but I've read a lot about similar cases online and Google ended up banning the accounts of people who have reported it. Best way to proceed would probably be to attempt resolving the issue yourself through blocking these IP addresses and let Google adsense sort out the fraud clicks on their own when they do their monthly payment processing.

dezinerite, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  6. Publisher1

Publisher1 Member

Best Answers:
    If you are concerned about "click bombing" or sabotage, you should immediately take measures to protect AdWords advertisers from harm. The best approach for website owners is to set the "allowed sites" function so that your own sites are not allowed. (You need one allowed site to use the service, but could set google.com as the site, obviously not your own.)

This has a few advantages in terms of self-preservation. First, you are demonstrating to Google that you are aware of the importance of protecting the AdWords advertisers from harm or cost, second, you won't appear to be "reacting" to the attacker as everything will appear normal on your site, and third, you may find, if someone has lifted your code and put it on his/her own site, the actual site location.

You should not be passive about this sort of thing -- a little lost short-term income is far better than losing your entire account.

I learned the rules a few years ago when, as a voluntary contributor on the AdSense forums, a disgruntled disabled publisher decided to try to take me down to his level. Big fail. Although I experience a very brief disabling, Google staff quickly restored the account and a few weeks appointed me as a forum moderator (Top Contributor).

You should disregard the "do nothing" advice earlier on this thread if you are concerned for the survival of your account -- a passive response can be highly dangerous, and pleas that you were attacked by sabotage will not be received well if your account is disabled and you haven't taken the advertisers' needs into account.

Publisher1, Mar 31, 2013 IP
    Karen May Jones likes this.
  7. sheetal2009

sheetal2009 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is the link to report to google. Go to http://support.google.com/adsense/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1112983 and click notify US

sheetal2009, Mar 31, 2013 IP
    karthimx likes this.
  8. sheetal2009

Best Answers:

Today I got click bombed from this IP. 4 views and 6 clicks from Germany and google paid $0.86.
    My main problem is still getting 40+ clicks from US. Tried banning at least 5 different US IP and still getting bombed from new one everyday.
    Like spammers database we should create click bombers database and blacklist them.

I think I found a way to get around these click bombers. These bombers use IP of hosting companies. http://www.blockscript.com/ can be helpful to block them and proxies.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
    sheetal2009, Mar 31, 2013 IP
  9. karthimx

Best Answers:
    karthimx, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  10. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    I had reported to google about 2-3 times.
    Everyday I add code again, then when I get click bombed within hours I remove ads and start analyzing log. Then I find some US IPs and ban them. Next day I put ad again and I get hit from another IP. This process has been continuing for days. I am fed up with them. The only possible answers are
    1. They are using Opera IPs or
    2. They are using Google IPs.
    These are the two IPs which I cannot ban. I get 40% traffic from Opera users.

So only way left is to ignore them. Google knows these clicks are invalid and now not paying for any US clicks.

But I still cannot figure out how do they find all my adsense site? They even find my friends site which I run my adsense.

sheetal2009, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  11. Preetam

Preetam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    looks like this guy ain't stopping lol, time to remove ads from blogs for a week or 15 days..

Preetam, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  12. Preetam

Best Answers:
    finding a site with same adsense code isn't big deal, anyone can do that with utilizing spyonweb.com.. anyways, I can tell that this is not human and surely some bot following some pattern or something.. I guess we need to learn what we all have in common.. are you guys using hostgator hosting?

Preetam, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  13. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    Here is common about all my 3 websites.
    1. All are hosted on justhost.
    2. All are wordpress blogs. I have a VB forum on one site but its not attacked.
    3. All use same theme called Sahifa.

I suspect its the theme. About 2 months ago all my 3 sites were hacked. Then I had to remove the theme and get a new one. This bot is an intelligent one. It clicks only on adsense ads. I tried replacing with dummy ads which logs IP when clicked. But couldn't catch the bomber.

sheetal2009, Apr 1, 2013 IP
  14. karthimx

Best Answers:
    I think all the wordpress sites are easily attacking. wordpress needs to be more secure in future.

karthimx, Apr 1, 2013 IP
    Preetam likes this.
  15. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    I am now getting 90 clicks per day from US for just 80 views. I have removed ads and wait few weeks. Also reported to google.

Here are my findings about this click bomber.
    1. Click bomber is a bot or using proxy, stat counter doesn't show any US visits on my blog.
    2. Clicks only on two ads unit which appear in homepage.
    3. Click bomber not attacking my other sites like VB forum. Only my blogs with same theme.
    4. After analyzing logs I now know the bomber uses Opera proxy or Google Proxy. So cannot ban IP as I get 60% visitors using opera.

I strongly suspect the Theme Sahifa used in my WordPress is inviting these bombers. I am going to change the theme and test.

sheetal2009, Apr 4, 2013 IP
    Preetam likes this.
  16. Preetam

Best Answers:
    All is same, removed ads too, but only difference is that I am being bombed from Germany and not US. Tried putting ads for an hour this morning but there were like 16 clicks from Germany in an hour so removed them back.. and not sure about your theme, mine is totally custom made one but still being bombed.. will try again after 15 days..

Preetam, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  17. sheetal2009

Best Answers:
    I found 2 helpful wordpress plugin to stop it.
    1. Ad Logger: it can log clicks from Google AdSense clickers IP. It does this without modifying your ad code.
    2. Clickbomb-Protect: The plugin reacts and disable the ads when the click count reaches to a specified number from same IP address. This number also the period of ban can be set using plugin.

sheetal2009, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  18. Preetam

Best Answers:
    thanks, will try 'em if this bot is still there after a week..

Preetam, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  19. karthimx

Best Answers:
    I'm getting around 80 clicks per day from Germany and US :( and its increasing daily.

I removed ads for 2 days and added even then people are click bombing.

karthimx, Apr 4, 2013 IP
  20. Njah

Njah Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I get bombed every day for a week now, US and Germany. I'm going nuts.

Njah, Apr 4, 2013 IP