1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Clemency request of Tookie Williams

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Arnie, Dec 12, 2005.

?

Abolish capital punishment or not?

Poll closed Oct 9, 2006.
  1. Abolish death penalty

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. Uphold death penalty

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  3. I don't know

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  4. Non of my business

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Can someone please make sense of this?

Arnold most likely would have granted clemency and Tookie new his chances were MUCH higher for getting clemency and saving his own life - if he admitted guilt and apologized for the murders - but instead of sparing his own life and doing so, he retained that he was innocent and did not commit these murders.

So I ask... if Tookie was guilty, and wasn't sorry for killing people, and only did the books, etc to save his own ass, why wouldn't he just admit he was guilty so he could be alive right now? IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE.

EVERYDAY the united states government takes more lives and does terrible things why the majority of it's citizens stand by and do nothing. Today is another day I wake up and am NOT PROUD to call myself an U.S. Citizen.

yo-yo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  2. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    So what are you going to do about it?

Crazy_Rob, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  3. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I write about it and I speak to others about it. The only way to make a change is to get the majority involved and educated about it.

"I have a despicable background. I was a criminal. I was a co-founder of the Crips. I was a nihilist."

"I functioned primarily on street wit. I managed to make it to the 12th grade. The teachers were insipid in their methodology." "Cripping was all I knew. I lived it. I breathed it. I walked it and I talked it."

"My courage was predicated on violence, on a negative reputation, on drugs, on ignorance. The courage I have now, or fortitude, is based on faith."

Why would someone who admits so much not admit guilt of murder to save his own life? Can anyone answer that question with anything besides the word "innocence"?

yo-yo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  4. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

You're right, that makes him innocent- Damn!

You should be a criminal defense lawyer, yo-yo. :p

5. Edz

Edz Peon

Best Answers:
    All cases should be evaluated on each own in my oppinion.

I can not make a wellthought judgement about this since i don't know if he's truly guilty and don't know the bases of the evidence that is presented that got him convicted.

If he was guilty he should be put in prison for life with no contact to the outside world whatso ever and also no contact with people that have contacts to the outside world inside prison.
    It's my oppinion that such a restricted life is far worse then putting someone to death.

Would it be justice to kill him if he was guilty? Put yourself in the people that lost their family or loved ones, i believe one of the victims was an older lady that got her face shot of.

What the hell did she ever do to deserve this? If she was mine mother or grandma it would have been hard to choose between putting him in prison for life or killing him.

It would really depend on what kind of prison life he would get and having the security knowing that he would be doing life in jail with restrictions regarding freedom to have contact to the outside world and inside.

All of the fun and recreation should be taken away from him to make him a living zombie untill he dies, if this would be the case then i would go for a life in prison.

If not? execute the F because i wouldn't grant him a single minute of comfort.

yo-yo wrote:
    Because he might be a sick F:rolleyes:

Edz, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  6. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    Bottom line: he will not harm anyone ever again.

Roman, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  7. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    Not unlike terrorists, he made himself a martyr - all gang bangers should be handled as just that - terrorist. By refusing to admit guilt and atone, he knew he would be executed and hence creating more tension - that's not a man who has the greater good at heart IMO.

If you're not proud to be a US citizen, at least be thankful you're allowed to rant and rave without being jailed. All else failing, Cuba openly welcomes immigration. What's you PayPal email, we'll take up a donation for the boat trip for you.

wrmineo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  8. designteks

designteks Peon

Best Answers:
    I had mixed thoughts until I read the clemency report of what this guy did ...
    2 times in 3 weeks went in to rob a store, got $100, told the people to lay on
    the floor and then shot them in the back with a shotgun ... well I guess the
    second time he shot the mom and dad in the back and the little kid in the
    face ... he then proceeded to brag about the sounds they made when he
    shot them ...

wipe out a whole family for $100 ... and laugh about it ... twice

designteks, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  9. mcfox

mcfox Wind Maker

Best Answers:
    This article in the WorldNetdaily is a good read, not so much on the Tookie Williams debate per se but on the rush by celebrities to champion the clemency plea.

There can be little doubt that Williams committed many vicious crimes in his time as leader-on-the-streets of the Crips. It is my understanding that the eventual aim was to secure a full pardon based on what was being argued as the 'unsafe' conviction for the murders. Perhaps society was exacting it's price for Williams' role in driving crack cocaine into the heart of many cities?

mcfox, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  10. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    I like the last paragraph:

Many activists oppose capital punishment for convicted murderers. Now if they could as vigorously denounce the death penalty that was imposed on the murder victims, we may get somewhere.

Roman, Dec 13, 2005 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  11. ROAR

ROAR Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I guess you would not know honor if it hit you in the face----

That assumes he was innocent---of course-.

ROAR, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  12. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Do you know how to read? I said "IF HE WAS GUILTY" as many people seem to assume, why wouldn't he say so.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  13. wrmineo

wrmineo Peon

Best Answers:
    IF he was innocent, I think that could've been proven during the 24 years he sat on deathrow. While he had 3 hots and a cot, free medical care, free education, and much more, worthy citizens went hungry, sick, uneducated, and much more.

wrmineo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  14. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    That should be how we try all accused criminals-

"Did you kill [insert victim]?"

"No?"

"Ok, this man is innocent!"

get real, Yo-Yo! :rolleyes:

15. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Rob... you're missing the entire point.

Admitting he was guilty would have probably saved his life. So if he really was guilty, why wouldn't he have just admitted it? He had nothing to lose by admitting guilt if he really was guilty.

So if he really was a heartless cold blooded killer just manipulating people with his fake redemption and as Arnold coldly put it "hollow promises" why wouldn't he admit to it to save his life?

yo-yo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  16. Hodgedup

Hodgedup Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No we're not. Shut up you moron.

Today is another day I read a post of yours and wish you weren't a U.S. Citizen. Like I told you once before pack up and move. Go live with Arnie.

Hodgedup, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  17. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In a perfect world, maybe so.

You make it sound like spending 24 years locked in a cage is nice. I'm sure he loved his 52,560 hours in solitaire confinement why "worthy citizens" were oppressed and unhappy being free. :rolleyes:

yo-yo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  18. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:

You are missing the point!

Killers do not tend to be honest people! WTF, man!

Roman likes this.
  19. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    By the way - a death penalty case costs the tax payers MILLIONS of dollars more than a regular murder case. So if you want to complain about money there you have it, you're contradicting yourself ;)

yo-yo, Dec 13, 2005 IP
  20. yo-yo

yo-yo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How can smart people be so ignorant?

How do you know know he is a killer? Were you there when the trigger was pulled? The only reason to assume he killed those people is because a jury and court convicted him. I've already shown more than 100 cases where CONVICTED DEATH ROW INMATES HAVE BEEN PROVEN INNOCENT AND RELEASED. That means a jury of peers thought beyond any reasonable doubt more than 100 innocent people were guilty of crimes and sentenced them death.

Once again, if a dishonest killer has nothing to lose and everything to gain from just admitting his guilt, why wouldn't he?

yo-yo, Dec 13, 2005 IP